What's the big deal with Geese?

vulvair

n00b
Why are people so into Geese? Is it because he is the original SNK fighting boss? His cgaracter design is nothing of original and his background story is not nything to write home about. I'll admit thaty he was a HELL of a lot of funto fight against in FF 1.

Why aren't bosses like Orochi more popluar? DO ppl think he looks gay, he was too cheap?
I really can't understand.

My fave bosses were (fave first) Orochi, Goenitz, Omega Rugal 95,Chinzurru and Yashiro (if he counts)

------------------
I want you - without your head

Goenitz2.0

n00b
The deal with Geese? Well, I can only imagine one reason not to like Geese:

You don't know enough about him.

Okay, so there is a man named Rudolph Krauser. He had a wife, whose last name was ostensibly Howard, as Geese is their son.

However, Rudolph began to ingratiate himself to a young lady who happened to be next in line for the Stroheim lineage, which was quite then noble fighting family in Germany.

So he leaves Geese's mother to marry Stroheim and become the next earl of it. He later has a son named Wolfgang Krauser.

Meanwhile, Geese's mother sinks into despar and dies. Geese is forced early on to make his own living, and finds he only can by getting in with the local crime syndicates.

Of coursem fighting runs in his blood, and as he rises in the criminal ranks, he also starts learning how to fight through various arts, but masters and bores of them quickly.

Eventually, he moves to a place called Southtown, Mexico, and is part of the Southtown Connection, which was Mr. Big's crime ring.

Also, he began training in Hakkyokuseiken, as taught by one Tung Fu Rue. He and a man named Jeff Bogard were the two students. However, Jeff was always the favorite, even though Geese was stronger.

Following the Takuma Sakazaki/Mr. Karate incident of 1979 or 80, Mr. Big had to fly the coop temporarily to escape all sorts of punishment.

During this time, he left Geese in charge until he got back.

Of course, he came back to find the connection renamed and under Geese's control. This time, it is Geese who leaves the country, but decides to keep an eye on Jeff Bogard, who is becoming a thorn in his side.

Now, there is a point of contention. Either Geese returned to the country and kill Jeff himself, or he had Takuma do it. I lean towards the killing-him-himself theory, as that's the one in Wild Ambition, and they never actually say anyone else has done it.

So Geese is the only man who may gain the secrets of Hakkyokuseiken now. However, Tung refuses to teach him, so Geese forcefully takes the scroll of the secrets from him and teaches himself.

Sometime over the next several years, a young man named Billy sna[s in one of his syndicate's factories and harms several people with a pipe. This man catches Geese's eye, and is hired on to be his personal bodyguard: Billy Kane.

Eventually, Geese begins hosting a tournament called the King of Fighters, though it's mostly just a way to get all his powerful enemies in one place and eliminate threats.

Billy is the unrivaled champion.

Until 1991.

Terry Bogard comes in and wins. Then, to avenge his father's death, he takes on Geese directly. Geese falls from his tower to his seeming death.

Of course, he's simply wounded, and rests, but not without planting ideas in his half-brother's head about Terry, hoping one or both of them will die.

Krauser holds the next KoF, and is once again defeated by Terry, who was reluctant at first. However, unlike Geese, Krauser holds no ill will, and they part ways.

Also, one of the three scrolls was in the belong of Krauser. During the turmoil, he was able to secure it, thus gaining him 2 of 3.

In 1995, he made his move for the last of the 3. A new gangster, Ryuji Yamazaki, was in town, and Geese had an idea as to why.

It was the third scroll, which ended up belonging to a pair of reincarnated boys named Jin Chonshu and Jin Chonrei. In the end, wither Ryuji or Geese end up with the scroll, though the boys are swayed from their ambition and become friendly to Terry and his friends.

Then, in 1996, Geese enters the KoF tournament, now held by Chizuru Kagura, to investigate the Orochi power. Unfortunately, he is unable to gain it OR kill Terry, and so decides to hit the sauna.

In 1997, He sends Billy to keep an eye on Ryuji, whom he has paid to fight. Geese's suspicions are right, and Ryuji turns out to be Orochi. However, the Orochi is destroyed, so Geese gives up on that.

But Ryuji still wants his money...

What Geese has been up to lately is anyone's guess, but it is surely evil, and always smart. He's a high-class man who knows how to get his was, and still look good in the public eye...

Geese is great.

-Forrest "Oh god I wrote a lot" Walker

------------------
Goenitz2.0: Stronger, faster, and 1.5 times more alive than ever before.

vulvair

n00b
Wow! Thanks a lot for all that!
As you seem top be heavily into the KOF story you may want to check oput the story FAQ at gamefaqs, though ypu probably already know it.
DId you pick up all these pits and pieces from FF1-3 WA and KOF series or also fromt ehreal bout series?

HAving read all that, he definetly has way more depth than I'd expected, thoughto me he still lacks the charisma of Orochi, but I'm sure he grows on you if you learn his story through playing, so I'll have to go on Geese mission, if you vould give me some pointers as to which FF's to finish with which characters that would help a lot.,

Thanks again

------------------
I want you - without your head

Goenitz2.0

n00b
THis is from all sorts of games and sources... it's sort of a piecemeal mash of the various little bits they've let out.

In FF1, just play as anyone, but especially Terry. Of course, you only have 3 guys to choose from...

I think you may get interesting info by playing Billy in FF2.

In FF3, just use Geese.

To play against Geese in AoF2, you ahve to do some insane qualifications, and that game is impossible anyway. I just used the gme museum or whatever that site is calle dhtat has endings.

Wild Ambition is a good source for story, especially the PSX version.

The Real Bout games don't really have any story to them at all, but it's worth playing as Geese in them, especially the SHADOW GEESE in RBS... can we say Double-Shippuken twice in one jump?

Play KoF 96 as the Boss team and KoF 97 as the Specials team (Mary, Yamazaki, Billy). You'll get all kinds of answers there.

And then there's Mark of the Wolves... if you play as Rock, Geese's son, you get an interesting story, but with lots of holes.

And I took bits from the Animes. But only that which didn't contradict the games...

But I really wanna get the mange that's the story of his life! That would be awesome!

-Forrest "Thanks for reading" Walker

------------------

vulvair

n00b
Cool, my last story mission was the Orochi one, and Orochi is one of my fave computer characters ever (after Iori and Sphiroth) so I'm looking forward to all this.

Thanks

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
Quote: "What Geese has been up to lately is anyone's guess, but it is surely evil, and always smart. He's a high-class man who knows how to get his was, and still look good in the public eye..."

Geese dies in RBFF. Terry feels guilty and raises Rock.

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
Admittedly, I don't know all that much about Geese (not after reading that post at least) but it's he supposed to dead now? If so, when did this happen? In Wild Ambition?

Oh, never mind! The preceding post wasn't up yet when I posted.

[This message has been edited by Apathy Wind (edited April 23, 2001).]

Gaseous Snake

New Challenger
But... but... he still looks rubbish
frown.gif

Pollyanna

n00b
I have to admit, even with the story, I don't understand this Geese fanaticism. If people just liked Geese, it'd make sense, but there is this...almost worship of him I see everywhere that is totally beyond me. Even though he's completely and totally against my style I can still appreciate why people WOULD like him...but...THIS much?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i don't understand either. maybe it's not the fans or the gamers that are with geese's carisma maybe it's the developers since they have the power to do whatever the hell they want. like when they took off goro from kof. what site can i find the story endings?
thanx for geese's bio you're a hell of an investigator

jeff bogard

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Geese Howard has a nice look, a great story, cool powers, and a tight name. What more do you want in a villian?

Orochi is cool too, though. No doubt. The main bad guy needs a good story... I don't care how cool he looks.... he needs a good story or cool moves to be remembered.

I'll see if I can patch up Neo Dio... he already has the look.... just needs the story.....

------------------
"Hanzou, this time you better finish it off!"
-Fuuma

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Yeah, but in terms of looks Goenitz is cooler. Theres just something so cool about that guy... but Geese is cool, I just prefer Krauser to him overall... And Krauser is much easier to use...

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
Maybe people like Geese so much because unlike other SNK bosses he has some staying power. He's appeared in multiple games and has been involved in the plot of each. People know what he's about; he's a developed character (storywise). Look at the KoF bosses; traditionally it's "I just kinda show up outta nowhere near the end, maybe sprout some threats or grandiose plans for a minute, then get my ass kicked. On to next years villain." It makes the characters too one dimensional. Rugal's one of the most popular KoF bosses - because he's far more developed than Orochi, Zero, Krizald etc. Geese is popular because he has personality. You can't establish a worthwhile character in a couple pointless cinemas.

Goenitz2.0

n00b
What? Geese can't have died in RBFF!! He was back in KoF 96!!

And Wild Ambition is a remake of Fatal Fury 1.

-Forrest "Goenitz looks so good" Walker

------------------

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
To add to my comments... simply put... Geese Howard is the Game...

And yes, he has that "staying power" and "personality" that I like so much about him.

But not to the point where I root for him because ya know, it would go against the good morals and the sacred institution of video game amendments.
wink.gif

Make sure to uphold those amendments and pass it onto the new generation of kids who cheer for the bad guys...
biggrin.gif

BTW, who here feels M. Bison is a worthy villian and top dog? I think he's alright and especially in Alpha 3 did he take off. He was much more menacing. That was his peak. He just doesn't click though with me, unlike Geese.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
M. Bison is a great character but i think that Capcom use him too much, The only times he hasn't been the top villian are in Sf1 and 3... Maybe if they used someone different for Alphas 1 and 2, his appearence in Alpha 3 would have been MUCH cooler. None the less, i think Capcom should use a new final boss for their next Streetfighter game and leave M. Bison's appearence in Alpha 3 as the definitive Bison. Hell, they could always push Vega......
biggrin.gif

------------------
Why do i use the lame Mask strap in alpha 3? man i should use the super strap in Super SFX!

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Well then is there any relation in the story line between geese and orochi as a story line.
------------------
Nasakenai

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Goenitz2.0:
What? Geese can't have died in RBFF!! He was back in KoF 96!!

And Wild Ambition is a remake of Fatal Fury 1.

-Forrest "Goenitz looks so good" Walker

Where's the Rasa Masta when you need him...

Anyway, Neo Rasa had an interesting theory which fills up that particular question.

Since KOF '98 was a Dream Match, the ACTUAL KOF '98 was RBFF, which would make sense, except that we have no official sanction of it.

Btw, Whereever the 'ELL do you get the idea that the Jin brothers get friendly with Bogard? They're hardcore evil megolomaniacs, through and through.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Anyone know SNK's reason for removing the Boss Team in '96 when they made '97? What happened to 'em in '96 to cause them to split story-wise?

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
For me, the reason Geese Howard is so cool is because he's so believable. Yeah, he survived a fall off of a high rise and can do all the projectile type attacks that are standard video game fare. But as far as presentation and believability go, SNK scored with Geese by not going overboard with him. He's a crime boss, simple enough right? But then, when you see that this crime boss has his finger in almost every pie and affects so many characters, that's when you see how evil and masterminded he is. Not to mention, his look is really down to earth too. I can picture Geese Howard living in the real world, not a chance in hell with Orochi (though Orochi is still an awesome looking villain). A lot can be said for an aspect of believability.

Just my opinions...

Anya Bolton

New Challenger
I thought that Geese died in 1998?

*Looks at rank* What the? I'm Geese's thug?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Why not Wolfgang Krauser's henchwoman? Oh well, I hope I get a cool bo like Billy
smile.gif
. Just kidding!

[This message has been edited by Anya Bolton (edited April 24, 2001).]