kof2k1,active striker system, how it's gonna be?

infcombo

n00b
will it's a good thing that 3 company's are working for kof2k1, but about the striker system, they mentioned that it will still the active striker system(not like kof99), so i was thinking, if they really gonna aprove the striker sysem in kof2k1, then whatt u guys think that tthey will do? from what i think, and from what i've thinking of the striker system in 99 and 2k, i think that in kof2k1 thestriker system will not gonna enter often like in 2k, for example, in 2k, u can call the striker anytime(except that u can't call them while making any dm or sdm), and in 99, u can call the striker before making any attack, so, i think that they will let u call the striker while making normal and chain attacks(like standing c,fwd+a, then u can call the striker, i mean that u can call the striker while making any special moves like iron trigger for k' or minute spike or after clark SAB grapp), like the marvel vs capcom 2 striker system, that's what i think the striker system will be in kof2k1, and if they gonna make it like this, then many characters will not gonna get any use the striker system, so what do u think kof players of this, i think kof will be more balanced like this, please give your opinion kof fans.

infcombo

n00b
some notes:
i've wrote one thing wrong,( u can't call the striker while special moves or dm), i've wrote it wrong thE WORD(CAN) and i wanted to say that u CAN'T ENTER THEM WHILE IRON TRIGGER IN 2K1, sorry for that, and please your opinion guys.

A_Sombra

New Challenger
Whoa, I think you left out a few periods in that post, infcombo. Here are some extras I could spare:

.......................................................................................................................................

Anyway, I have nothing further to contribute so, I'll let this thread continue its own merry way.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I remember someone on ON.com posting having strikers become defensive and not regenerative. And instead of adding a boatload of useless strikers in the game, I say just keep all the regular people, get rid of the "another" strikers and just have the strikers' actions become varied when they're called in. These strikers however should cause an instant knockdown (like Jae Hoon) to prevent abuse (*cough* Seth *cough*).

In other words, they should be used as a compliment to the character, to back them up if they totally whiff a move, whiffed moves should NOT allow an opponent in 2k1 to get a free juggle opportunity, it should just keep'em safe for that one move.

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Gaseous Snake

New Challenger
Best thing would be that the Active Striker System ain't gonna be...

But if they persist:
[NOTE: I posted this at ON way back]
*Pick 4 characters
*Choose 3 of the 4 characters for fight (3v3 a la KoF 94-98)
*2nd chara becomes 1st chara's striker, 3rd becomes 2nd's striker
*Any damage that a striker takes is non-recoverable

ker-chink, ker-chink ($0.02)

A_Sombra

New Challenger
That would put the person who falls behind at a much, much bigger disadvantage than they are already. Now, the person in Round four is down to his last character... and fighting essentially two opponents -- simultaneously. I don't think that's what you want.

PSY

n00b
thing is, if u remove the juggling ability, the combos in 2k1 would be limited to only normal combos witjhout strikers

Strikers add a fun element to the game, well for some, at least

i'd say simply remove the ability to pick chars off the ground for strikers (cough Joe cough), and weaken the speed of Seth and A.iori (if its gonna exist), or do whatever else to make them not as abusable, but keep their juggling potential

infcombo

n00b
will entering the striker while making ground combos is not bad, but they should not enter while juggle combos, but the advantage in this case will be with the grapplers, if they gonna make it like that way i guess, and about another iori striker, what makes him strong is his speed, also when he hits the opponent with the first attack while entering( the kickk), the opponent will be stunned for a while from the kick( i mean the kick will make a long freezing time while hitting, so the character have a long time to run and make a juggle combo), so i think the iori speed is ok, but if they take off the freezing moment that happened from the kick of another iori while hittng, then many characters will have a hard time using him, and they should take off striker seth priority, and he should walk a few steps(not to the half of the screen like in kof2k), and for a new thing that they should make, since the kof2k have a large number of another strikers, then they can figure new good team from them, like(jae hoon, dong hwan, sue il, baedal), and im waiting to know who is the new hero that will be in kof2k1.

A_Sombra

New Challenger
Infcombo, again I appeal to you: use sentences!

Anyway, I think the role of strikers ought to be somewhat reduced... maybe use them more as combo breakers rather than being total combo extenders. Make them more of a disruptive tool than a chaining tool, if you know what I mean... somewhat like the role your team-mates played in the older KoFs (when you were caught in a hold) but with a broader range of disruptions than that. Maybe make people waste stocks if you summon them just before getting nailed by some multi-hit DM.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I disagree on the A. Iori striker. They should get rid of that freeze frame. It will make him less abusable as a striker. If you're good enough you can already do some really kick-arse combos with him when your opponent's in the corner anyway (because of the second hit). In fact I think they should make the speed of the striker sorta like the speed when he misses. Jumps in, kicks, hits the guy up fast.

Seth should also be slower or less effective as a juggle striker. It's ridiculous what you can do with him. He also shouldn't pop the guy up so high.

Edit: Quoted the wrong dang person.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

[This message has been edited by Iie-Kyo (edited April 23, 2001).]

FacJoe

New Challenger
no TODs using strikers. dang. i cant express the utter crap that Joe does when ur char is a grappler. make one mistake and BAM! off u go....

juggle combos should be shitte. i mean, sure it looks good, but for a vs fight, it's not 'healthy' I have seen too many good players eat shit from not so good players on 2K just because they whiffed a move and ate a grab and a Joe striker.

seriously, put more limit. and dun make the striker system the beef of the game...it loses the KOF touch in it...Damn MvC...

------------------
Look Dick Look. Look at Jane. See Jane Laugh and Play

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
I'd rather have some strikers weakened so that they don't become abusive. Also, no strikers like Joe that can pick characters off the ground once they're down.

Another solution is to only make strikers only available when the opponent has a red life-bar like in 99. That way, only characters that are about to die can use strkers, but again, with a limited number of striker bombs like in KOF2K.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.