YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
HELL NO!!!

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Remember when koolking posted up that thread that asks if KoF should be in VR?

Same concept. :P

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Here's a thought though:

One of the main reasons SNK went bust was because it spent a hell load of $$$ on developing a 3D system and failed miserably in created good 3D games.

The million dollar question is, had SNK decided to give the Hyper 64 a boost by making a 3D version of KOF, would it have worked? Would it have meant an SNK that would still be independent?

[This message has been edited by AcidicEnema (edited April 22, 2001).]

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
2D fighting games are better then 3D in my opinion. It would be cool trough if SNK could make a nice looking KoF in 3D. On the DC it would defenetly look nice, but I think there is no chance that there will be a KoF in 3D.

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
There is a possibility, but given their track record on 3D games, SNK needs to work harder (SS64 2 was good but buggy and it was not really 100% 3D). Economically wise, it would make sense to develop 3D games esp if they want a share of the PS2 pie also.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
3D fighters blow ass (cept for DOA2). if KOF went 3D, you don't know HOW mad i'd be.

------------------
31436715.jpg

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
I wouldn't mind KOF going 3D, but that would mean an entirely new way of system. Or would it be the same as the current one? With rolls, Guard Counter, Guard Break, CD cancel, CD counter, AB Emergency roll, etc...

I don't quite like the idea of a 3D KOF going to be like the SF EX series.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Krusader

Rugal's Thug
Art-wise, it could be done. Characters looked fine in DOA2 and Soul Calibur. Kyo in 3D would look good if he was given the right textures.

Gameplay-wise, I have never seen a 3D fighter that successfully played like a 2D one. I don't know why, but i think it's mainly because of the limitations of the 3D models, they just can't capture the same dramatic poses of 2D. Look at SFEX.

The game would never be KOF ever again, but rather a side-series or something. It just wouldn't be KOF unless it stayed 2D.

ioriyagami

Cheng's Errand Boy
Well i hope not, but if it did come out it sure would be fun.

------------------
It's like i'm assisting suicide.Hate not me,hate your weakness.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i don't know but remember that the excellence in 3d is tekken. no thing else regartding what your opinion is. but it is hard to imagine, so i think snk would have to pay another company to develop just like capcom did with akira

jeff bogard

C

Caris Nautilus

There was a hyper version of KOF in development, as well as Super Sidekicks and Metal Slug. But development was stopped because the hyper sold VERY poorly.

Vektorlogic in the UK has bought the rights to 1 or 2 of these games and is finishing up development on them and will release them

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AcidicEnema:
Here's a thought though:

One of the main reasons SNK went bust was because it spent a hell load of $$$ on developing a 3D system and failed miserably in created good 3D games.

The million dollar question is, had SNK decided to give the Hyper 64 a boost by making a 3D version of KOF, would it have worked? Would it have meant an SNK that would still be independent?

[This message has been edited by AcidicEnema (edited April 22, 2001).]

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Well if kof did go 3d there would be those people who call striker then run away or people who fireball then dodge back. Or people who hit and run away.
--------------
Nasakenai

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I would be really cool to see a King of Fighters spin off or something in 3d.... maybe A Game which only featured Kyo,Iori and Shingo from KOF and a bunch of new characters just to see what a 3d game would look like..
smile.gif
make the game focus on Kyo and Iori's rivalry and its bound to be at least interesting. Although the chances of this happening are slim to nothing
frown.gif
Whatever happens though, Kof itself should stay in 2d!
biggrin.gif

GodHand

n00b
No way...

Im not saying that 3D games are bad. They're good.. even some of them are too good to be true.

But KOF series is an exception. Or especially Guilty Gear games...

Just.. no way..

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If 3D KoF adopt the engine of Project Justice, mabbe won't be so bad, imagine the AoF team performed a party-up version of their Ryu Ranbuu.....

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

Mystical

n00b
I'll still prefer KOF in the 2D format.

biggrin.gif

Anyway, I've heard that SNK filed for bankrupcy... and we won't have KOF 2001, how true is that?

------------------
"Be your true mind..."
- Revelations Persona -