95' version Kyo in 2002

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
<a href="http://www.kofonline.com" target="_blank">www.kofonline.com</a>

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Originally posted by Yung Burnout:
<strong>This game get's better and better!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Check the latest high-quality video--Kim has his old FF2 hienzan, and does Jae Hoon's finisher. That looks so much better.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Bah! Humbug! I said it back in KOF 98 and I'll say it again for KOF 2002.

With the space they're wasting for alternate versions of already playable characters they could have put in characters that aren't in the game already.

Guess there's proof that the old SNK is still alive in some way.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Originally posted by YeldellGW:
<strong>Bah! Humbug! I said it back in KOF 98 and I'll say it again for KOF 2002.

With the space they're wasting for alternate versions of already playable characters they could have put in characters that aren't in the game already.

Guess there's proof that the old SNK is still alive in some way.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its really not a waist of space. 2 versions of the characters but they have the same basic sprite set, only a couple of different moves. Now if you had 95 kyo with a completely different sprite that would be a waist of space.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by yagamikun:
Its really not a waist of space. 2 versions of the characters but they have the same basic sprite set, only a couple of different moves.<hr></blockquote>

One version of a character in the game is enough; but that's my opinion.

I'd rather have some of the other characters that didn't make the roster rather than another version of a character that's alrady playable in the 1st place, regardless of a different selectins of specials and an extra DM he didn't even have back in KOF 95.

I said the same in KOF 98, Super SF II Turbo, and I'll say again for this game.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm glad they brought him back with is no style sdm...maybe I'll start playing Kyo again now.

ray_7

I gotta agree with YeldellGW here. It's really boring to see other 'versions' of characters taking spot that should really be handed to a totally new character (secret character). Orochi version of a character is fine, but not those 95, 96, 97, 98 version etc.

hyde

Super Spy Agent
i dont care...
more the better~
yay 95 kyo~~~
should he be wearing the black suit the one before 99??
i still miss kyo1 and kyo2
it'll be nice to put in kyo1's special attacks for this 95 kyo.

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: hyde ]</p>

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
that's not good, kyo sucked balls in 95. like a wanna be iori but crappy i hated all his moves. note i had just played 98, and i tried to do qcf+p,qcf+p,qcf+p (don't remember the name) and all i got was a damn projectile. i hated him with his old crappy moves.

i think this newest kof will suck big time, no shingo what the hell is that. he's been a mainstay on my team since he was introduced. now he's gone fuck that shit, i'll wait till i can buy it.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Well there is one more good thing about this game.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by YeldellGW:
<strong>

One version of a character in the game is enough; but that's my opinion.

I'd rather have some of the other characters that didn't make the roster rather than another version of a character that's alrady playable in the 1st place, regardless of a different selectins of specials and an extra DM he didn't even have back in KOF 95.

I said the same in KOF 98, Super SF II Turbo, and I'll say again for this game.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's cool to say that and all but would you then bitch that they didn't put in the character you were hoping they would put in instead of a diffrent version of a character already in the game???

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
"Waist" of space... ahh, SNK Engrish lives on at neo-geo.com... Waste, people.

Anyhow, I don't see what the big deal is... alternate versions of a character in a 2D game take up basically no space at all as long as the sprites are the same. Besides, it's a quick and easy insertion... are you REALLY going to complain about having another character to play as? It's not like they're axing some much-beloved character to make room. It's an easy addition, and a nice bonus.

-Deuce

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
examples where I think alternate characters shouldn't exist - Orochi New Face Team. I don't dislike the team, but come on - they're over powered (Yashiro and Chris). I'd have simply given them their orochi DMs as Level 3 DMs. That would have been interesting. Oh well.

Still thinking that Orochi from 97 was one of the best bosses and should be in this one. The stuff he said was pretty creepy. Better than Rugal's, Zeros, or Igniz's sorry lines.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Yung Burnout:

It's cool to say that and all but would you then bitch that they didn't put in the character you were hoping they would put in instead of a diffrent version of a character already in the game???<hr></blockquote>

No. It's not like this is the 1st time a character I'd like to see in a fighter doesn't appear in the game; sure as hell won't be the last time. With all the bitching about King being gone, I'm sure those doing all the bitching would rather have King than 95 Kyo.

If a character I wanted doesn't appear, I learn someone else. It's as simple as that.

I, myself would've liked to see Eiji appear at least one more time, but I've come to accept Eiji as the polar opposite of Chang & Choi.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
EvilWasabi, you didn't like Igniz? Don't you know that anyone voiced by Wakamoto Norio is, by definition, cooler than someone not voiced by Wakamoto Norio? Get with the program, man! ;)

-Deuce

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The alternate versions of the Orochi team play 100% differently, and i'm sure that they dont take that much space..I would hate to see them combined...Havent they ruined enough characters by overtweaking them? Look at poor Ryo after 98.