Iori's Scum Gale and other questions

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
(Iori 98)

I cannot seem to use the Scum Gale effectively and suggestions? Also, what is the best way to get a hit in with his standing C? Hmmm, while I'm at it, and help with his combos in general, I find it difficult to combo out of his standing A, which it seems most of his combos require me to do. Thanks

Malcolm

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'm bad at his Scum Gale as well. I've seen users able to use his Scum Gale to pull someone out of a ranbu at the first animation, or use it as a counter against moves that rush in. But unlike grapplers, his Scum Gale has a really short range so I don't know if it can be comboed into. Good players can pull Scum Gales all day long.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Out of experience...

a Scum Gale into a Maiden Masher usually works..I know cause someone schooled me doing that...and I was winning!!!

Terry Power

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Is Scum Gale the attack which Iori breaks defence and let you have a attack, if yes, I don't know know anyway, I'm bad at near attacks.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Terry Power:
Is Scum Gale the attack which Iori breaks defence and let you have a attack, if yes, I don't know know anyway, I'm bad at near attacks.
If you ever played Samurai Shodown 3 and 4, in which they did away with the throws but instead you pull the opponent over and toss them over to the over side, temporarily dizzying them, that's what the Scum Gale is like. I don't believe you can cancel into the other specials he has, but the dizzy spell is usually long enough for you to link into the others while your opponent is defenseless.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
In KOF 96, 97, 98 and 2002, you could combo from a far standing C after a scum gale.
Scum gale->far stand C->deadly flowers or maiden masher DM.

In KOF 99/2000/2001, you can use the Fwd+A to combo into the above mentioned combo after a scum gale as the far C does not combo.

ioriyagami

Cheng's Errand Boy
In 97,98 and 2k2 u can rush and start a combo with close stand C after the ScumGale.His ScumGale can be comboed after a close A or B but u gotta be real quick with the lever.And for some stupid reason Iori can't grab Ralf and Clark out of their close stand C's.Other grapplers can do it but not Iori.Weird.Anyone got an explanation for this.

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
You can play nasty mind games with the scum gale. For instance, do a little hop infront of your opponent and right away do the scum gale, then do a special or rush to do a combo. It's like shingo's dp+k move, you have to trick them to think you'll attack and make them block, then do the scum gale, ya scum!

<small>[ June 20, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: DinoX ]</small>