K' Eins Trigger Tactix

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Ever watch that Salem vs. Maan video? Did you see Maan's K' using loads of Eins Triggers? I tried that and DAMN does it work! The eins trigger -> f+D is such a good attack string! it can hit almost any attack! This is probably K's only attack that can be abused besides his j D, so ABUSE IT! K' is the greatest!

------------------
31436715.jpg

K' Evans

n00b
Well everyone knows the usefulness of Iron Trigger- Second Shell ever since 99.

But just to let u know that the range decreased slightly in 2K than 99. But it can now hit crouching opponents as well.

------------------
If you can't win, Buzz off!

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I noticed that this tactic works better in 2000 than in '99. My Kyo used to get past tihs easily in '99 but when it's used in 2000 it's hard as hell to counter.

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
ehehehehehe. yes. By the way Kyo, how did you play KOF2K? do have a cart system/MVS? Arcade?

------------------
31436715.jpg

Kyo-Chris

n00b
Hmm ... I have a question relating to K':

I'm wondering whether K' can combo his Iron Trigger > Second Shell after Another Iori's purple flame claw ?

Well, if it is possible, then connect a Heat Drive after Iron Trigger and Second Shell. That will be a severe damage to the opponent ^_^

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
I noticed that this tactic works better in 2000 than in '99. My Kyo used to get past tihs easily in '99 but when it's used in 2000 it's hard as hell to counter.

I should be harder due to the fact that Triggers start up much faster in 2K. I had a lot of trouble with this at first with, but my success rate has been increasing. Some tips:

1. Learn to hop the fireball, without putting yourself within Trigger range. This is the KOF equivalent of vertical jumping Ryu's fireballs, except that it goes one up by putting Kyo in the range he wants to be versus K'- mid range.

2. The Aragami's (qcf+LP) autoguard can deal with the Trigger at the right range and with the right timing (around 2 character's spacing away, start the Aragami slightly before he starts the Trigger).

Using the Aragami to counter the Trigger really starts to limit K's options.

Now if only someone could tell me how to deal with K' players who abuse his Heavy Uppercut + Joe striker...

EndLeSS

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kyo-Chris:
Hmm ... I have a question relating to K':

I'm wondering whether K' can combo his Iron Trigger > Second Shell after Another Iori's purple flame claw ?

Well, if it is possible, then connect a Heat Drive after Iron Trigger and Second Shell. That will be a severe damage to the opponent ^_^

He totally can.

A combo that I use when I can:
QCF+C, Fwd D, Jump CD, just when the Jump CD hits, call Yagami, Heat Drive. Yes easy and cheap and strong.

K' is very high ranked in 2K.
Too bad I dun care too much for 2K.

l8z

------------------
"We are able to love passionately because we die"
-Rollo May, The Cry for Myth

Check out my KOF '98 Complete RALF FAQQQ!!!!
http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/king_of_fighters_98_ralf_b.txt

PSY

n00b
more tricks..

low b low b qcf P( all blocked), cancel into teleport, low b low b qcf P fwd b (if he gets hit, if not.. more mind games?, try a fwd b command move
smile.gif
)

saw rthis on one of those videos..

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NeoGML:
ehehehehehe. yes. By the way Kyo, how did you play KOF2K? do have a cart system/MVS? Arcade?

Arcade. I'm not a hardcore fan. I'm just a player. I usually don't have enough money at once to buy KoF2k and a Neo Geo system anyway.
biggrin.gif
I think I've spent enough money at the arcades to pay for all the KoFs plus an NG system by now.

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

I manage to do this once in midscreen, can anybody tell me if this can be done all the time?

c.LP> qcf+ lp> f+HK> Heat Drive

I'd experiment, but K' in 2K really bores me.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Yes, it's possible. It's one of the more deadly combos K' has. You gotta be at near point blank range to do it though.

------------------

Ergo-

(blocked) c.LK, c.LK> Ein Trigger> light Blackout> (opponent is surprised and thus does not blocked) c.LK> Ein Trigger> Second Shell> Heat Drive

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AcidicEnema:
Ergo-

(blocked) c.LK, c.LK> Ein Trigger> light Blackout> (opponent is surprised and thus does not blocked) c.LK> Ein Trigger> Second Shell> Heat Drive

Correct, a common but very effective mindgame tactic.

And if you don't hate strikers you can always send in one during this to add to the chaos.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
You can use Neo & Geo. If you watched the white-tower.net combo videos you'll see one being done. Hard as hell to do.

Or else you can always use Joe. After the DM you can send him in and add to the punishment.

Or you can try A. Iori or Seth during the thing... if you're into that sorta stuff. I think I saw Maan try to do something with K' and Seth. Something like CD, QCF + P, Fwd + D.. but the whole thing missed after the CD.

------------------