PDA

View Full Version : Characters that would be axed in KOF 2k1

Iie-Kyo
04-21-2001, 03:55 AM
Since there's a post asking for people who'd want characters back in 2k1 I guess I'll ask the opposite:
Which of the existing characters do you want eliminated?

Bao (gameplay wise and story wise he's one pain in the ass)

So far he's the only one I'd want to get rid of.

*prepares for the legions of people who will beg to have Kyo and Iori removed in 2k1*

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Nari
04-21-2001, 04:14 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
Since there's a post asking for people who'd want characters back in 2k1 I guess I'll ask the opposite:
Which of the existing characters do you want eliminated?

Bao (gameplay wise and story wise he's one pain in the ass)

So far he's the only one I'd want to get rid of.

Storyline wise unlikely that Bao would be gone, I would think that Hinako will be axed.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

zy-
04-21-2001, 04:15 AM
Well the team clearly indicates that the korean team was getting rid of alot of unpopular chars, to make room for new ones.
and their polls clearly indicated that choi and chang will be gone for sure, they also said that this chars did not do justice to the korean team.
Me personally , I am glad about that choi and chang are a waste of memory , besides they been in almost all the series.
bao , and the old fart on the china team gat's to go!
along with clark ,xiangfei, kasumi, and I hope they dont bring back old chars like , billy, the whole USa team , goro.

thats about right.
I wish rock could be in kof 2k1

Benimaru Nikaido
04-21-2001, 05:04 AM
get rid of
-Jhun(he sucks,all his moves suck!)
-Kasumi(only knows 1 special move)
-Chang(gross)
-Choi(idiot)
-Chin(time for retirement old man)
-Bao(maybe when you grow up a bit more)

Iori
04-21-2001, 05:28 AM
-Bao bought it while meeting the business end of the Zero Cannon.
-Chin, the old fuck has to croak sometime.
-Hinako, in the name of all that is holy, REMOVE HER!
-Ramon, he sure does suck.
-Athena, you all heard me rant about her time and time again. Atrocious helium factor.
-Mai, No man loves a slut for too long, and I don't love helium at all.
-Yuri, my helium alarm is going fucking crazy.
That's all, give us some good ones, Eolith.

------------------
http://content.communities.msn.ca/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=prozerg&ID_Topic=1&ID_Message=35

darkkyo
04-21-2001, 05:40 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Benimaru Nikaido:
get rid of
-Chang(gross)
-Choi(idiot)

Jhun sucks? *burns Benimaru*

------------------
The birth of humanity was fated to deny the divine destiny of the destinies... (http://darkkyo.homestead.com/files/darkkyo.jpg)

kim6413
04-21-2001, 06:28 AM
Jhun doesn`t suck. Iv`e seen people in kof2k nearly get a perfect on zero with him using those stances of his im trying to learn to use him but it`s kind of hard for me http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/frown.gif

kim6413
04-21-2001, 06:29 AM
anyway i say ax bao he`s so annoying

Krizalid
04-21-2001, 06:43 AM
Bao, Chin.

Batsu_Power
04-21-2001, 06:48 AM
Well, IMO, Chang & Choi should be axed... They're pretty ugly and we just had about enough of these freaks.

------------------
Sonomama Shine....
Beware of the wrath of Burning Batsu!.... and Dan's Super Taunts!!!

koolking
04-21-2001, 07:35 AM
Bao, Chang, Chin and Kasumi the computer uses kasumi in a really dick way and take robert out if he is stil la charge chracter.
--------------
Nasakenai

PSY
04-21-2001, 07:58 AM
hey all, i am back http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

finally found my way to this place today.. heh

anyway... i think the following should be axed..

Chin (boring char to play with and against)
Choi (why did my stand C miss? http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/frown.gif(()
Chang (cheap)

Bao probably has a part in the story.... otherwise i dun see whats going for him to remain in 2k1..

peace

Iie-Kyo
04-21-2001, 09:26 AM
Agreed, those four should get removed.

These four have got to be the cheapest, cheeziest characters ever... I can't stand fighting any of these four guys. They should form their own team called the "All-Star Cheezers Team"... egads.

And welcome back Psy! You came here kinda late but it's good to see you anyway. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

J-Man
04-21-2001, 10:55 AM
my choice to get axed in KoF:
-Chang & Choi: replace them with Kim's sons
-Chin: he's too old to fight
-Hinako: She seems like a one hit wonder get rid of her.
-Mai's costume: would you rather see her in KoF sporting her FF3 costume, i would.

Charaters i like to see added:
-Alfred: I used him in Real Bout for PS, this guy rocks.
-Younger versions of Marco, Jea Hoon, and Dong Hwan: they play almost the same as their MOTW couter parts
-Duck King, Bob Wilson, and Hon Fu: by axing out chang and choi we'll need a new comedy team, and they can team up with alfred

Teams i like to see:
-K', Maxima, Whip, Kula
-Kim Kaphwan, Jhun, Jea Hoon, Dong Hwan
-Terry, Andy, Joe, Blue Mary
-Ryo, Robert, Takuma, Marco
-King, Mai, Yuri, Kasumi
-Kyo, Benimaru, Shingo, Len
-Venessa, Ramon, Seth, Iroi
-Leona, Ralf, Clark, Heirden
-Athena, Kensou, Bao, [new charater]
-Alfred, Bob, Duck King, Hon Fu

thats mine...

shinkyo
04-21-2001, 02:14 PM
old character
heidren,chris,yashiro,goro
New character
Rock howard,kain,john(art of fighting 2)

ioriyagami
04-21-2001, 03:43 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Benimaru Nikaido:
get rid of
-Chang(gross)
-Choi(idiot)

The only possible explanation is that Jhun kicks your ass everytime.Anyway first things first.
Chang,Choi,Hinako,Ramon,Chin and Takuma must go.Replacements should be Goro,Billy,Eiji
Yamazaki and Heidern.

------------------
It's like i'm assisting suicide.Hate not me,hate your weakness.

Yojimbo
04-21-2001, 09:25 PM
Well its obvious that the Kof series has been made by SNK to be a "Aggresive Combo Game".

So Ralf and Clark should get the axe straight away because players just use easy grab and normals.They hardely have any combos so they don't fit into what Kof "should be".

Following that Chang and Choi should get the chop....then Ramon unless they give him more combos...Yuri (getting boring)

Iie-Kyo
04-21-2001, 10:20 PM
Clark and Ralf can be played aggressively.

These two are great to stop people who aren't into the whole "aggressive" game. Ever used these guys against turtlers? Works wonders.

------------------

AndyBogard
04-21-2001, 10:41 PM
if chang is the fat guy from FatalFury theni'de say get rid of him bURN HIM
MAKE HIM GO BYEBYES

PSY
04-22-2001, 03:18 AM
the chang we are talking about is the one in the KOF series... the huge, chubby man with bald head and beard, and hits ppl with a huge iron ball..

not the chang in fatal fury...

i was here so late because everytime i access on.com i get redirected to here.. and only recently i learnt to click on the "forums" link
heh
silly me

Gaseous Snake
04-22-2001, 06:15 AM

*prepares for the legions of people who will beg to have Kyo and Iori removed in 2k1*

legionnaire #1 present!

I seems everyone wants Bao, Chin, Choi and Chang to be removed. Basically, anyone different. Can't you see that these characters add variety to the game? What do you hate about them? That they fight differently? That you have to (shock! horror!) alter your tactics?
If it was up to you people you'd fill the game with Ryo clones...

Iie-Kyo
04-22-2001, 07:33 AM
Not only gameplay wise, but character-wise they're irritating.

Would you like a little runt of a kid kicking your rear in real life that has an abnormally high pitched voice and was originally slated to be a girl in the first place?

But hey, I'm just asking who people think should leave. I agree with these people but I guess that doesn't necessarily make me right.

And FYI, I don't play Ryo. Kyo and Iori-style gameplay [namely being offensive], no matter what characters have it [K' can be played like these two] it is appeals to me since KoF was meant to be more of an aggresive game than other fighting games (though I am sure many of you will say otherwise).

Apparently you feel strongly about this issue. I do also.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Iie-Kyo (edited April 22, 2001).]

YeldellGW
04-22-2001, 07:52 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, the FF and AOF characters should take a hike. After KOF98, I had thought when SNK said KOF would take a new turn; that was what they were talking about; not this striker sh!t. Of course it will never happen. I haven't played KOF2K still, but it seems most people have something against Hinako and Ramon (Seems like the characters I like are always the most despised.). When (If?) I ever play KOF2K and I like what I see (Other than the Illustrations.), I'll disagree with dumping those two (There's always room for more grapplers.). Chang and Choi must go. Chang's auto-guard priorities get cheaper with each new game (I figure in KOF2001 he'll have it as an instant feature, like the Hulk. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/mad.gif ) and Choi proves he can be just as cheap without it. Why do people insist of Kim's kids taking their place? If many don't care for Bao or Chris, I don't see Kim's kids being liked all that well either. Plus Kim values his boys too much to have them fight in a KOF tournament at such a young age (Just my opinion.). As for Bao, just give the runt some more recovery on his moves and zoning won't be so dominate (Though if he were dumped, I wouldn't complain either.). Chin retire? Sorry folks but in case you haven't noticed, there's usually always going to be scrub friendly characters in fighters (Not that I'm saying he shouldn't). Athena??? Damn it, am I the only person who likes her? I'm still amazed no one said dump the China team altogether. Oh well... Oh yeah, no edit characters too. Go back to teams only damn it!!!

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Gaseous Snake
04-22-2001, 08:22 AM
And FYI, I don't play Ryo. Kyo and Iori-style gameplay [namely being offensive], no matter what characters have it [K' can be played like these two] it is appeals to me since KoF was meant to be more of an aggresive game than other fighting games (though I am sure many of you will say otherwise).

Apparently you feel strongly about this issue. I do also.

Blah, Kyo/Ryo/Iori/K': These characters all have the same height, the same build. If all characters were like that then we would never have the Choi situation, whereby some attacks go over his head.
And KoF is an aggressive game, but that doesn't mean all characters should play that way. The very fact that that type of play doesn't always work means the developers are doing something right.

And why would you want Kim's sons in it? Let's take a look at the new Korea team:
Kim, Jhun, Jae Hoon, Dong Hwan. Does that really excite you? Really?

My vote is to dump andy and kensou. Their clothes suck. I never understood Hinako - a sumo that weighs 50kg?

Iie-Kyo
04-22-2001, 08:53 AM
Try to be levelheaded about this dude. In no way am I personally attacking you but yet I seem to get the feeling that you're taking offense to my arguement. If I'm incorrect about this, I apologize.

Back on topic.

I do like Kim. Why? One because yes, his gameplay is offensive, two because he's Korean. My friends IRL even associate me with the character's personality, but that info is irrelevant for this topic. If they threw in his sons in 2001 and give some distinct differences between the three I'd pick'em.

There is a fair consensus here among the posters that gameplay (and not to mention character design) that is, as you say, different like Bao's, Choi's and Chang's is something we'd rather do away with. If SNK did remove these characters there would probably be a chorus of people complaining about their removal probably using the exact same arguements as you have used.

But hey, you really can't satisfy everyone, eh?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Iie-Kyo (edited April 22, 2001).]

Gaseous Snake
04-22-2001, 07:15 PM
I ain't offended. But it's just like you said, I feel (quite) strongly about this.
I see aggressive Chang users at the arcades. You can't do massive high-number combos with him, but you can pressure/rush opponents in much the same way you can with Kyo/Iori. What's wrong with that?

Iie-Kyo
04-22-2001, 07:24 PM
I've seen Chang used aggressively but he can also be used to cheeze like a #$%^. I just think that all of us got irritated of that type of gameplay (Armor Mode Chang.. if you're stuck in the corner it's hella hard to get out of there) and would be happy to see him out next year and replaced with a less cheezy character.

I know you'd probably disagree on this but hey, it's all up to the guys at SNK.

I still wonder why they took Daimon out after '98. When '99 came out I really wanted to learn how to play'em again, especially to try that dumb bug the experts used. (df + C, it counters, do his command "roll", df + C, command "roll", Mine Layer (dp + A), then that thing where he picks the guy up off the ground)

------------------

Living Legend
04-23-2001, 12:58 AM
The guillotine falls on Kyo, Ramon, Leona, Chin, Bao, Chang, Choi and Kasumi. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Hmmm!!! Meat!!!
Don't waste my time with your weak skills, scrub!!!

FacJoe
04-23-2001, 04:47 AM
Why do ppl want sucky-looking characters to go? If the game is filled with too much cool warriors, then I think it would suck.

I doubt SNK will listen to our voice, but here's my list:

*Kyo and Iori - I play Kyo, but he serves no purpose in the whole Nests saga.

*Ramon, Lin, Vanessa and Seth - awkward teammates for various groups (I hope u get what I mean) Seriously, I think it would be better if: K' Maxima, Lin, Seth and Beni, Shingo, Ramon, Vanessa. I think it's more complimentary.

*The whole China Team - cos Athena makes it to the music industry?

*Entire Female Team - they are only there to provide balance to the gender of all the fighters, nothing more, nothing less.

------------------
Look Dick Look. Look at Jane. See Jane Laugh and Play

jeff bogard
04-23-2001, 02:08 PM
well i think the following characters should be axed.
hinako (i never saw anyoneplay espectacular with her)
kasumi (can anyone do a killer with her?)
takuma (too old and i thought he already retired)
the whole psycho soldiers (i'm not against your opinions but only bao is themost complete character besides athena)
robert (or change him back to his old fighting way he is getting way too guile and that is not him)
choi (he is good but not popular)
shingo (i have never seen a decent combo)
whip (or add more moves she lacks that)
leona (she lost her speed, some combos can't be connected unless they balance her)
andy (nothing new since 97 maybe some combos but they are not that great)

as far as the ones that should return i definetely want to see goro again as well as heidern, rock, and jeff (yes, i think snk should do a series like street fighter alpha and put back old characters like terry's dad)
orochi, goenitz, and the whole orochi team.as well as some ff and aof characters remember mickey, karman cole, i think they deserve a come back

jeff bogard

VinylBoy
04-23-2001, 02:14 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Living Legend:
The guillotine falls on Kyo, Ramon, Leona, Chin, Bao, Chang, Choi and Kasumi. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I agree with Bao... but once you start talking Chin then I have to step up and defend my all-time favorite KOF character!

What don't you like about him? And please don't mention the "foot scoot" cheese. It's only "cheese" if abused. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif The game needs a variety of oddball characters with varying skills and techniques. Chin is one of the most original fighters in games today, and to eliminate him and replace him with some of the other "cooler" characters people are describing would make the game a little stale. One thing that I'm starting to HATE about KOF is the fact that almost every new character is either a pseudo-grappler or counter character. Yes, they are all cool, but I think they went a little overboard in KOF 2000 with counter characters and grapplers. I mean, come on... WHAT IS THE LOGICAL USE FOR RAMON??? http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif And Hinako is cute, but her welcome wears off pretty quickly.

I'm surprised to see so many people wanting to see Chin be eliminated from the game. Well, it saddens me to tell people that Team China is the third most popular team in KOF (according to a poll by one of the third party companies that was supposed to be producing KOF. That post is in the "News & Reviews" somewhere), so it's unlikely that Team China will be touched (which is, of course, great news to me http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif). Same thing goes for Team Korea as they ranked very high as well, so get ready for another season with Jhun, Chang and Choi. The teams that ranked on the bottom? Surprisingly... Team Fatal Fury AND Team AOF. If anything, these teams may get changes... maybe Kushnood Butt on the AOF Team, replacing either Takuma or King (if she is ACTUALLY going to be the mother of the future heir to the Kyokugen School of Martial Arts). I don't know who could replace members from Team Fatal Fury.

But I'm all for newer characters into the picture... Real Bout characters NEED to be in the next one (Bob Wilson, Hon Fu, Franco Bash, Chonsu & Chonrei), and some Garou characters could be nice too (Gato, Hotaru, J Benet, the dreaded Hokutomaru!! http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif). Would love to see another mini-boss team, and a joke team composed of Duck King, Cheng Sinzan and Tung Fu Rue (or Jubei Yamada).

LAST TEAM... Billy Kane, Ripper & Hopper. WHY haven't these bodyguards been used in a fighter YET??? They could be the male versions of Mature & Vice!!

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited April 23, 2001).]

vulvair
04-23-2001, 03:17 PM
If this helps , the Magic Box have the (unconfirmed) list of returning fightrs:

K', Maxium, Kyo, Iori, Benimaru, Seth, Vanessa, Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Blue Mary, Mai, Chizuru, Bao, Athena, Chin, Sei Kensou, Daimon, Yashiro, King, Kim Kaphwan, Choi, Chang Koehan and Jhun Hoon.
K won't be the main character

------------------
I want you - without your head

YeldellGW
04-23-2001, 03:32 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vulvair:

K', Maxium, Kyo, Iori, Benimaru, Seth, Vanessa, Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Blue Mary, Mai, Chizuru, Bao, Athena, Chin, Sei Kensou, Daimon, Yashiro, King, Kim Kaphwan, Choi, Chang Koehan and Jhun Hoon.

Could you post a link to this place please. I always wanted to visit.

vulvair
04-23-2001, 03:46 PM
Dunno my ubb btw http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

http://www.the-magicbox.com

It'sa great site, btw what sits do you ppl use for daily gaming news? I go to madman's, magicbox, the gia, news section on this forum, and famitsu (when it was up >_<)

------------------
I want you - without your head

Gaseous Snake
04-23-2001, 03:48 PM
*Childish mode ON*

Nyah, nyah!!! Just kidding http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Snake (edited April 23, 2001).]

VinylBoy
04-23-2001, 04:34 PM

Interesting... no Joe Higashi for team Fatal Fury... and EVERYONE from AOF gone except King? VERY interesting...

The return of Chizuru, Yashiro and Daimon is cool, though. Hopefully they will be able to announce some more hopefuls, and maybe give us a look at some of the new characters soon. This game SHOULD be hitting the arcades soon overseas... it IS getting close to Summer.

Till then? Get ready, as more psycho balls & sage bottles will be heading in your general difections

Orochi Tigresa
04-23-2001, 04:59 PM
I doubt that will be the official list. For starters Whip should be in it too. If Ikari team gets axed as a team. They should keep Leona and team her with Mai, Yuri, and Athena(if Chin and Bao get axed as well) and together they will form what seems to be the best women's team of all time. If you beat KOF 99 for PSX and maybe DC, check out the edit team-2 ending in the demo section, you'll see these 4 as the characters in the ending.

Rain
04-23-2001, 06:42 PM
Characters to go? Definetely:

Ramon: Lamest Character in a long time. Everthing about this guy sucks.
Takuma: We need more new blood on the Aof team! I like using the guy, but it would be cool if a new member was brought in.
Chin: Been in it waaaaaaayyyyy too long.
Bao: Annoying little shit.
Jhun: adds nothing to the game storywise.... he's just Kim2.
Choi and Chang: Just boring now.

Oh, and i kinda like Hinoko, she's an interesting character design wise.... she won't be in 2001 though, thats for sure.

Rain
04-23-2001, 06:47 PM
Oh, and i doubt that's the official list. Yashiro without Shermie and Chris? No Ikari or Aof? Not gonna happen guys.

YeldellGW
04-23-2001, 07:03 PM
Dunno my ubb btw http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

http://www.the-magicbox.com

It'sa great site, btw what sits do you ppl use for daily gaming news? I go to madman's, magicbox, the gia, news section on this forum, and famitsu (when it was up >_<)

Thanks. I frequent MMcafe myself (Already excited about the new SNK Illustration book too.). I also check out the news section of sites like this one. That's about it for news.

Amakusa
04-24-2001, 04:26 AM
Blah! You guys that want Kasumi axed don't understand her potential, or are annoyed that she can break your routine in an efficient manner. Heck, in one I broke the traditional Iori->Seth combo by countering the first hit, then plugging from there (of course afterward I wondered if the guy was going to physically deck me for it, but if one is going to try that infinite crap on me they're going to eat it). Both of her DMs are good and useful for certain situations.

Of course back to the point I'd axe Kyo and Iori, because I'm sick and tired of fighting the both of them. I find it sickening that I know how to defeat their tactics such that they're not too much of a problem anymore. After that I'd severely weaken the popular Strikers Seth, Alt. Iori, and Joe just to force people to use other people; I'm sick of seeing them, too, as if they were the only people worth using (hell, one time I watched someone make very good use of Goenitz, of all people. Heck, I finished off a guy with Neo and Geo, they're funny).

------------------
"I found Kagami's sword in a junkyard."

Ellipse
04-24-2001, 05:47 AM
Someone get rid of Hinako quick! Her intro just looks wrong.

My axe also goes to Lin (Eiji looks better), Seth (what's he doing in this game?), and Bao (his voice is more annoying than mine).

Bring in Neo & Geo. And who the heck is Baedal?

------------------
Stress: Your mind trying to restrain your body from trying to beat the **** out of the ******* who deserves it. --sign, restaurant.

Iie-Kyo
04-24-2001, 09:28 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gaseous Snake:
*Childish mode ON*

Nyah, nyah!!! Just kidding http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Snake (edited April 23, 2001).]

*with the help of Daigo, kicks GS to the next dimension*

http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Argh! Where the hell is the Ikari team?!?!?!

------------------

Iie-Kyo
04-24-2001, 09:32 AM
Amakusa - Nobody uses her at our arcade. Only one person uses her and he's decent at best with her. I don't want her axed but her character's a bit too... what's that word... snobby for me (look at her winposes). I guess that's the way she's supposed to be but if she's axed I wouldn't be surprised, no matter how good her gameplay is (making you wonder why they took out characters like Daimon out in '99).

We can only wait.

------------------

Gaseous Snake
04-24-2001, 02:53 PM
They should really shake things up and do away with any characters that appeared in th e original KoF(94). Unfortunately, that would mean Iori remaining.

Rain
04-24-2001, 03:07 PM
I think it would be cool if someone did a "Heel turn" or something.... anyone unformiliar with that term means to turn into a bad guy basically.... Turning Terry or Ryo Evil would be a nice idea to breathe more life into them.... now that Snk aren't making Kof, this could very well happen http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

Lou Gojira
04-24-2001, 04:09 PM
I can't believe all the posts about wanting Chang and Choi axed. Jeez, after what happened to these guys in 2000, we gotta see a follow through and see how it turns out. Besides, I think they balance out the Korean Team just fine. You got Kim and Jhun, two cool guys, then you got Chang and Choi, the goofy comic relief. If all the characters in the whole game fell into the "cool/badass/beautiful/handsome/charismatic" stereo-type, KOF would lose it's charm in a matter of weeks. As for who I'd like to see axed, maybe Hinako, but then she might be more effective in 2001.

I'd like to see G. Mantle, or the Striker better known as Mask become a playable character. I'd also like to see Duck King become playable, and I already know I'm in a minority here, but bring back Team USA! As cool as Vanessa is, she still can't match the power of Heavy D. And when it comes to kicking ass, that's Brian Battler's and Lucky Glauber's specialties with all their devastating moves.

Rain
04-24-2001, 05:10 PM
Maybe Duck King could lead the USA team? Is breakdancing considered a sport?!!?

Lou Gojira
04-24-2001, 05:29 PM
I like your way of thinking Rain. I wouldn't know if dancing would be considered a sport, but to be honest, to make a 4 man Sports Team, I'd like to see Cool Guy make a reappearance. You remember him? He was the "Kuroko" in Team USA's background in '94. I can easily see him being another character kinda' like Bao. Small, fast, and has the capability of being cheap as hell. Hmmm, SNK, Eolith, you reading this?

Rain
04-24-2001, 05:45 PM
Wouldn't it be totally cool to see the USA team as the leaders of Nests?? With Cool Guy as The supreme Nests leader? Seeing him as the last boss would be interesting to say the least... I was kinda surprised as well that Heavy D! wasn't Vanessa's Another striker in 2k.... whats up with that!??!

Amakusa
04-24-2001, 10:38 PM
Amakusa - Nobody uses her at our arcade. Only one person uses her and he's decent at best with her. I don't want her axed but her character's a bit too... what's that word... snobby for me (look at her winposes). I guess that's the way she's supposed to be but if she's axed I wouldn't be surprised, no matter how good her gameplay is

Kasumi is a very skill-based character; there's really no easy way to win using her. Like the aikido style you essentially use the opponent's energies against them (if I detect a pattern the opponent's fish bait, which is why I usually always put her third so I can gauge them; sometimes I go through matches without touching her, though, so I think I'm losing practice). Of course one can't win by counter alone, so a Kasumi player must look for the right opening to strike. Thing is I think, more than anything, Kasumi matches my game philosophy; I don't want to have to rely on combos to win the game for me (even though Yasakani's Whip 101% combo sounds tempting to do). I've flubbed her 'standard' combo enough times to learn this.

Actually I play rather offensively with her; it usually works out. If the opponent tries to pattern me, or is otherwise trying to overwhelm me with attacks, then I play defensive (yet one must be wary of how they attack her). I feel dirty when I use characters like Kyo or Iori, even though they, too, require skill.

I prefer her rough attitude over a bouncy one. There's too much of those types in KOF.

------------------
"I found Kagami's sword in a junkyard."

[This message has been edited by Amakusa (edited April 24, 2001).]

Rain
04-25-2001, 10:07 AM
I agree. Kasumi should stay, as she is a lot of fun to use..... just because a character can take a while to get good at, doesn't mean they should be thrown out!