Blue Mary's Crab Clutch

Iori E

n00b
I can't do it!

I do the Straight Slicer, I hit the opponent, I perform the qcf motion, I press the K button, nothing comes out. I get seriously punished afterwards.
Every time I play as Blue Mary...

Am I doing it too early? Too late? Is there something else involved?

I also can't do the M. Snatcher, but I'll try to get Crab Clutch right first, since it's easier to do (supposedly)...

It'll be great if I can do this move. Then I can finally do the "Straight Slicer - Crab Clutch - Seth Striker - M. Splash Rose" combo, which some of my opponents always use on me... >_<

------------------
"Equal sign, capital P."
=P

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
It's good to give opponents a dose of their own medicine, especially if it's the kinda medicine that makes 'em choke!
biggrin.gif

Instead of doing a QCF + K, try do a DP + K. It's more reliable for me. Also the B version requires faster timing than the D version. Try to hit you opponent with the edge of the slicer for maximum safety.

I learned this stuff because of the countless numbers of Mary users doing it on me. :P

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Krizalid

Marked Wolf
I just do qcf K over and over. It works. Just do it when the straight slicer launches and keep doing it till it works.

PSY

n00b
str8 slicer:

do the hcf b/d IMMEDIATELY after your back fwd b/d

sort of like the timing of 98 terry's Power charge --> rising tackle

except u may need to be even faster than that

vertical arrow:

hes right, do dp+k rather than qcf K

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If u r doing it as part of a combo, straightaway do the qcf+b motion after u press b (i.e performed the straightslicer motion).

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Like PSY said, perform the qcf + K motion immediately after performing straight slicker, whether it hits or not. If it hits, it will automatically be followed by her Crab Clutch.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Iori E

n00b
Hmmm...

But wouldn't the times vary? I mean, if I did the motion IMMEDIATELY after a D Straight Slicer and the opponent was far away, would it still come out?

------------------
"Equal sign, capital P."
=P

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Just kinda predict when it's gonna hit, then do it before that hit.

Or do two QCF + K motions if you're not sure.

I ues DP + K for both after-hits for the Slicer and the Vertical Arrow. Have you noticed the computer has the uncanny ability to grab a second after either of these things hit? It's ridiculous.

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Iori E

n00b
I finally managed to pull off the Crab Clutch a few times, but the success rate is not as high as I would like...

I also did the M. Snatcher once. But I'm not as concerned with getting that down, since I won't be punished for it if I don't pull it off (as opposed to the Crab Clutch).

What would the average success rate for the Crab Clutch be for a good KOF player (just to get a rough idea)?

------------------
Anudder brilyunt meind diztroid bai duh publik edyukashun sistum...

PSY

n00b
crab clutch?
once i learnt it i've never failed=p
jk
nah.. i'd say i prolly miss 1 in 10, or som,ething like that

oh, and i am an average kof player, at best
smile.gif