How to play KOF95

thundr51

Bead Banger
Ok, you're thinking "What? just press the punch and kick button and jiggle the joystick around until you win."
Well, I just can't seem to get any type of strategy with this game. I normally use team japan or edit with Kyo,Beni,King or Andy. Counter attacks normally don't work, dodging gets me thrown and no matter what I do I'm always taking more damage than the cpu. Anybody got any tips.

Oh, why am I playing KOF95 i hear you ask, well, since i'm about to add kof94 to my collection I figured it'd be nice to play some 95. Also for some reason I can't seem to get past the third match on lvl4 on ANY kof before 96.

------------------
ms2_arabsbicker.gif

Yojimbo

n00b
Try going down weak kick/punch just out of the cpus range then jump in and combo.

Sweep then cancel into a fireball with Kyo.

Learn Kyos double kick infinity.

Use standard fireball/dragonpunch tactics with Kyo on max power.

Learn to dodge attack then do the running grab with Kyo.

Use Kyo :9

K' Evans

n00b
It will be really good if you use MAX at all times. The damage is insanely doubled and one DM can get rid of one character for you.

Using Kyo will be easy. Just use his dodge attack and just combo it with anyone else.

Andy also can use his dodge attack and combo with his HiShoKen or that other qcb+p move.

Abuse CD. Most characters have it fast.

You should also have a good ability to yper jump at ease. But time it well and from a distance away from fireball abusers.

Too bad you don't use Iori. All you need to do is crouch B the whole day, and combo it with Deadly Flowerx2 and his dp+p.

------------------
If you can't win, Buzz off!

A_Sombra

New Challenger
Yup, KoF '95 is one of those games where you have to learn how to exploit flaws in the AI because the timing in that game is stupendous. Try to exploit the fact that the damage tables in '95 are probably the most fucked up in any SNK game aside from SS3. For ripping up the computer, the best character is Chang because of the flame burp bug (you take more damage if you block the move than if you get hit by it, there's little to no lag, people don't get pushed back if they're blocking it). You can also use the really disgusting Eiji combo bugs to win the game too, but they're somewhat erratic (occasionally, the close standing C, close standing C, koppa kiri combo does 90% damage. I have no idea why). Use Kyo. Use Iori. Use shotokan tactics. dodge fireballs... it sometimes encourages the computer to close in on you and try something stupid. You can also cheese with Billy's various long range pokes. In fact, the New team is probably the best team to use in the whole game against the CPU.

Against people, OTOH, use Team China and charge up a lot. Athena's DM makes her look just like she's charging up, encouraging people to try and jump into it... one can also combo the SCS off the SCB making for hideously damaging combos. Chin's DM is buggy and although Kensou isn't as cheesy as his later incarnations are, he's well on his way there.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Easy, cheesy dizzy combo with Kyo:

Dodge attack and fireball. Two of these in a row will dizzy every time. This works with other characters as well. And don't forget his five hit insane damage combo:

Jump D, standing close C, QCF+DD, DP+C

75% damage and it may dizzy if you can't do the above combo. Also if you fancy Takuma:

Jump D, ducking C, DB,F+D (Have to charge in advance of course), HCB+C.

Another 75% damage and this one dizzies more often than Kyo's. Both are the most damaging, non-infinity combos I know (I'm sure there are more.).

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Dog

World Soccer '96
And another KYO combo : Albiet this one's fancy and only works against big charas

Jumping C, C, qcf DD, rdp + D

Best used in Mexican level RIGHT at the start

I love that combo!