That unknown air "command throw" with Mai

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
People talked about this at ON.com and I figured I'd bring it up again.

I'm not sure if she has this in 2000 at all but I know it exists in '99.

The thing is, how the heck do you do it? Nobody at my arcade seems to know the motion after her charge dwn, up + P. Nor does no one know when to execute this during that jump.

All we know is that it has to be against someone who's jumping.

I've tried to do this in '99 against the practice dummy but I didn't know how to do it. The '99 FAQ that Kao Megura put out at GameFAQs states that it's a QCB + K motion... a friend of mine tried it against me and it didn't work..?
confused.gif

How the heck do you do this?

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
People talked about this at ON.com and I figured I'd bring it up again.

I'm not sure if she has this in 2000 at all but I know it exists in '99.

The thing is, how the heck do you do it? Nobody at my arcade seems to know the motion after her charge dwn, up + P. Nor does no one know when to execute this during that jump.

All we know is that it has to be against someone who's jumping.

I've tried to do this in '99 against the practice dummy but I didn't know how to do it. The '99 FAQ that Kao Megura put out at GameFAQs states that it's a QCB + K motion... a friend of mine tried it against me and it didn't work..?
confused.gif

How the heck do you do this?

Yup,it's a qcb K.It's really hard to land since the command is awkward,maybe they'll change it to a command throw like Clark's Napalm Stretch in 2K1,then it would be way more useful.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
The command's doable. But what part of her dwn, up + P jump do you do it in? When she flips back? After her wall hop?

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
The command's doable. But what part of her dwn, up + P jump do you do it in? When she flips back? After her wall hop?

Err no,do it when you're right next to the guy,that's why I don't like that move you HAVE to the use down,up P motion,why didn't they just cut out the down,up part?

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I guess we might as well just use her air throw, eh?

------------------

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
I guess we might as well just use her air throw, eh?

*L*Yeah that works much better but if you can land that other throw in a match that would kick ass.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Million dollar question in KoF 2k -

After the "command throw", can you send in a striker to combo and do additional damage?

------------------

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
Million dollar question in KoF 2k -

After the "command throw", can you send in a striker to combo and do additional damage?

I dunno,i've never tried that but i'm sure it works since it works for Ralf and Clark.

koolking

Super Spy Agent
So if Mai can grab in midair then can you bounce a striker off it in midair afterwards?
----------------
Nasakenai

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by koolking:
So if Mai can grab in midair then can you bounce a striker off it in midair afterwards?
----------------
Nasakenai

I dun think can juggle, mabbe just act like a down attack, but I think Joe is the only possible one......but it's really damn difficult to land that slam.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
That's what I'm wondering, can you somehow make it so that after the command grab a striker like Seth will hit'em back up for more punishment?

------------------