Request for Kula Movelists, Tips, and Strageties

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
For some reason, I end up learning how to play characters I previously disliked. I hate Bao with a passion but I can play cheap with him if I want. I used to hate playing Clark and Orochi Yashiro but I learned how to play 'em after accidentally picking both of 'em.

Now, the girl whom I labeled as an "Ice B****" has gotten me. Damn you Evil_Shingo for showing me that kawaii pict of her!
biggrin.gif

All right, I need a quick description and movelist for her moves. I tried her a bit today but I had trouble playing her.

I've seen a video of her being played (I think Maan was playing her) and his Kula was literally whipping the other guy's butt. However, I'm more of an up front kick-the-guy's-ass player. I dislike playing a keep away game or annoying the player to a point where they'll end up getting hit. I just like beating on the other guy.

Can Kula's general playing style fit my personal playing style? Can anyone give any general tips on how to play her as an up front character? Her normals and moves in general are a bit on the slow side (which is a minus for me since I like flailing at the dude). I want to be able to play a decent pressure game with her but also be able to have a good defense if I start getting creamed.

A quick practical combos (comboes?) list would be nice too.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh, and thanks in advance for your assistance!

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

[This message has been edited by Iie-Kyo (edited April 18, 2001).]

E

Evil_Shingo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:

Now, the girl whom I labeled as an "Ice B****" has gotten me. Damn you Evil_Shingo for showing me that kawaii pict of her!
biggrin.gif

HAR HAR!!!
biggrin.gif

another one joins the club =P

anyways, as for her movelist (comboes, later)

QCP P: the ice blow, this is her main move, use the A version a LOT since it comes out fast, and also use it for her bread and butter combo, another thing, only use the C version when far, even though it's slow, it can easily stuff people who are rolling, it also gives them a large stun frame enough for you to dash and combo them =P

DP P: Her K' like DP, Avoid all costs of using the C version against grapplers, because they can roll and grab you once you finish, use the A version more, both of them come out insanously quick, so you can stuff people who are dashing at you easily, but don't use it as an anti-air, that job goes to her crouch C =P

QCB P: the reflector, the anti-projectile move, the perfect move against all Boa haters
biggrin.gif
comes out quick, it reflects back EVERYTHING, and the reflected back projectile comes out INSANOUSLY fast, and it can easily pass through a Max SDM projectile (Like Bao's Max fireball) abuse this move against projectile abusers =P

next, her Dms

QCP QCP P: the Ice geyser, think a faster verion (well, the A one that is) of the power geyser excpet with no invincablity, either use this and try to anticipate youre oppnents jump, or use it in a combo, the SDM verion does 3 in a row.

QCB QCB AC (or BC, I forgot): one of the BEST SDM's in the game, it can combo after any move of her's (like doing three crouch b's into super) use it as anything you like, anti-air, combo move, wake-up, anything, she has full invinceblitly in the beginning of the move

more later

------------------
This is the end for you, are you ready to die
the forces of nature are not anything you can handle

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
For some reason, I end up learning how to play characters I previously disliked. I hate Bao with a passion but I can play cheap with him if I want. I used to hate playing Clark and Orochi Yashiro but I learned how to play 'em after accidentally picking both of 'em.

biggrin.gif

All right, I need a quick description and movelist for her moves. I tried her a bit today but I had trouble playing her.

I've seen a video of her being played (I think Maan was playing her) and his Kula was literally whipping the other guy's butt. However, I'm more of an up front kick-the-guy's-ass player. I dislike playing a keep away game or annoying the player to a point where they'll end up getting hit. I just like beating on the other guy.

Can Kula's general playing style fit my personal playing style? Can anyone give any general tips on how to play her as an up front character? Her normals and moves in general are a bit on the slow side (which is a minus for me since I like flailing at the dude). I want to be able to play a decent pressure game with her but also be able to have a good defense if I start getting creamed.

A quick practical combos (comboes?) list would be nice too.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh, and thanks in advance for your assistance!

Hmm,well I can explain her moves,i'll leave the technical stuff to E_S and the others.

QCF P-Her “projectile”,A version is fast but lacks range,C has more range but is slower.If you land a C you can folow up with another hit since it stuns.

DP-Ice version of K's uppercut,comes out real fast and has good priority.

QCB P-She swats downward,if used against a projectile it reflecs it back at opponent.

QCF 2 P-Like Terry's Power Geser but slightly slower,easily combos of a close stand C.

HCB 2 A+C(SDM)-Like Orochi's screen flash DM,also easy to combo.

Hope this helps
biggrin.gif

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I think I shoulda also take the computers example. The computer plays a very effective Kula. She gives my Kyo, Iori, Clark and Kim a run for my money.

Crouch C's not totally instant though like Kyo's Crouch C... or is it??

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

E

Evil_Shingo

The computers Kula pales in comparission to mine =P
anyways, you need to time the crouch C effectivly in order to use it as an anti-air, also, the move can stop anyting, like say youre up against a Lin user that keeps using that QCP A of his, you can use the crouch C in order to stop him, trust me, it works
but just a warning, NEVER USE THE CROUCH C AS AN ANTI-AIR AGAINST A CLARK USER THAT HOPS WITH A!
so you need any specific strategies

------------------

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Ice Geyser DM is faster or slower than Terry's Power Geyser...?

Also if you guys know any really cool striker combos with Kula? Heck, I'll even take Joe ones because Kula rarely has any moves that are not rollable like Iori does)

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Doh, this is becoming like a "discussion" thread but hey I'm learning something with each post so I'll continue this.

Try read my first post. I want to be able to play a Kula that's based more on a semi defensive and offensive game but not to a point of being considered cheap (like abusing that wannabe Bao C throw or just turtling in the corner with her crouch C). Basically I want to find a way to play Kula a bit like Kyo, Iori, and Clark combined. Is this possible?

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Shingo:
The computers Kula pales in comparission to mine =P
anyways, you need to time the crouch C effectivly in order to use it as an anti-air, also, the move can stop anyting, like say youre up against a Lin user that keeps using that QCP A of his, you can use the crouch C in order to stop him, trust me, it works
but just a warning, NEVER USE THE CROUCH C AS AN ANTI-AIR AGAINST A CLARK USER THAT HOPS WITH A!
so you need any specific strategies

Say,what're her best normals and pokes?I like to use her stand C,kinda slow but has nice reach and you can cancel it,crouch C,crouch B and D and close stand C for combos.Which is her best jump in?

E

Evil_Shingo

Doh, this is becoming like a "discussion" thread but hey I'm learning something with each post so I'll continue this.

Try read my first post. I want to be able to play a Kula that's based more on a semi defensive and offensive game but not to a point of being considered cheap (like abusing that wannabe Bao C throw or just turtling in the corner with her crouch C). Basically I want to find a way to play Kula a bit like Kyo, Iori, and Clark combined. Is this possible?

It is possible, actually, you can do that by applying constant pressure on youre oppent, of they're on the ground, then hop with C, that's if they block it, then just do C into her QCF P, if they happen to roll over the QCF P, then just grab them, this is her basic offences
and use her CD for air-to-air battles or pressuring.

------------------

E

Evil_Shingo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shingo_Yabuki:
Say,what're her best normals and pokes?I like to use her stand C,kinda slow but has nice reach and you can cancel it,crouch C,crouch B and D and close stand C for combos.Which is her best jump in?

Best normals are here and why
Crouch C: Obviously, this move stops almost EVERYTHING, heck, I've even cancelled Lin's rush super with this!

Crouch B: This is another move of her that comes out fast, use it for poking because of it's speed and reach

Close C: It comes out fast, and also has good range at that

Stand B: Because she looks cute while doing it, that's why =P

as for her best jump in, it's gotta be jump C

------------------

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
That down B of hers doesn't "feel" right. I'm used to fast Kyo-style dwn Bs or a mindgame Clark-style dwn B.

Also, what's the use of her far Stand B (the one where she spins around in place?). It looks like a ground version of her jump CD. All I got was creamed when I tried using it cuz I was too into my Kyo mode (used to a Far B that is a good poke).

However, I do like for the fact that her Far C is cancellable into something. That's something I've missed with Kyo since '98 and '99.

I noticed in that tourney video that the guy's Kula also heavily abused her jump D (that thing seems to be good at stuffing people and scaring people into blocking).

I wanted to learn how to use her because I think the experts at my arcade have already modified their strageties to combat my usual Kyo, Iori, Clark, and Kim. Plus they're all starting to learn new characters so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and learn her.

A Iori and King Lion combos? Please do share.
smile.gif

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Shingo:
Best normals are here and why
Crouch C: Obviously, this move stops almost EVERYTHING, heck, I've even cancelled Lin's rush super with this!

Crouch B: This is another move of her that comes out fast, use it for poking because of it's speed and reach

Close C: It comes out fast, and also has good range at that

Stand B: Because she looks cute while doing it, that's why =P

as for her best jump in, it's gotta be jump C

Man I didn't know her crouch C was THAT good!Stand B??!The ballerina spin,wtf?It is cute but aren't you going to get your ass handed to you if you try that in a real match?

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
That spin looks like it can hit both sides. If so, isn't this good at stuffing roll attempts?

I figured I'd use the spin to trick the opponent into getting hit by the striker. Make'em think "Hey look, Kula did something stupid!" and have an A. Iori or whatever smack'em in the face.

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

E

Evil_Shingo

That down B of hers doesn't "feel" right. I'm used to fast Kyo-style dwn Bs or a mindgame Clark-style dwn B.

Also, what's the use of her far Stand B (the one where she spins around in place?). It looks like a ground version of her jump CD. All I got was creamed when I tried using it cuz I was too into my Kyo mode (used to a Far B that is a good poke).

However, I do like for the fact that her Far C is cancellable into something. That's something I've missed with Kyo since '98 and '99.

I noticed in that tourney video that the guy's Kula also heavily abused her jump D (that thing seems to be good at stuffing people and scaring people into blocking).

I wanted to learn how to use her because I think the experts at my arcade have already modified their strageties to combat my usual Kyo, Iori, Clark, and Kim. Plus they're all starting to learn new characters so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and learn her.

A Iori and King Lion combos? Please do share.
smile.gif

The far B has only one use, to make her look cute while doing it
biggrin.gif

another thing, both her Jump C and D have the same type of properties, they can both easily stuff any move comeing at you

as for the comboes, well
with King Lion:
Jump C/D (cross-up), close C, QCF A, call striker, QCF C, rush up to them, close C, QCB QCB AC (or was it BC?)

I'll see more later
=P

------------------

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
That spin looks like it can hit both sides. If so, isn't this good at stuffing roll attempts?

I figured I'd use the spin to trick the opponent into getting hit by the striker. Make'em think "Hey look, Kula did something stupid!" and have an A. Iori or whatever smack'em in the face.

I dunno,even if that stand B can stuff rollers,it's not cancelable and it leave Kula vulnerable but then again that what striker are for,doh!>_<

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
AC I believe. SDMs in 2000 are done with either both kicks or both punches.

Today I learned the motion for Lin's Poison SDM.

Today, I learned that the SNK guys were on crack for making such a weird motion for an SDM.

I think Kula's jump C has slightly higher priority. The jump D looks like it has more reach.

Is Kula's slide as effective as King's for mindgames? And more importantly, does she have an overhead like K'?

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I'll try take what you guys have said into mind and use Kula against my friends and computers first to get some practice learning how to play her. I'll come back to this thread tomorrow and ask more questions. Thanks to the Shingos for your help.
smile.gif

Btw - I just forgot that I don't have A. Iori as my striker because I *use* Iori as a regular character. Nuts. Maybe Kula will replace him?

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

E

Evil_Shingo

Today, I learned that the SNK guys were on crack for making such a weird motion for an SDM.

I think Kula's jump C has slightly higher priority. The jump D looks like it has more reach.

Is Kula's slide as effective as King's for mindgames? And more importantly, does she have an overhead like K'?

Stick with Jump C, it's better though

and as for King, Kula completly kills King, any move she does and you block, you can grab her, and only stick on the ground since Kula doesn't have anything to counter her Jump CD, and if King throws out a venom/double strike, you know what to do
=P

------------------

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Agreed. I saw this one guy's Kula whip that annoying Chinese dude who plays King, Chang, and Mary's butt. That guy's King stood no chance against Kula. King literally gotten smothered in a wall of ice and reflected fireballs.

I also remembered I learned something, the ice fireball that comes back after her reflecting a fireball goes through everybody else's fireball. This thing is lethal against King's Double Strike. Kula reflects the first fireball and turns it into an ice shard and the ice shard rips through the second one.

Yahoo.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger

Did you know you can combo Lin's poison DM,just use something like stand or crouch C,it works!

Kula's slide isn't too bad,it's pretty fast and you can chain it from something like her crouch C,dun know any mindgames though.I think the second hit of her stand D is an overhead.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I saw a friend of mine combo Lin's poison SDM.

You know how much it looks like it hurts if you beat a person's last guy with the SDM?! Dang, talk about an insult move.
smile.gif

2nd hit of the D overheads eh? Reminds me of Yashiro's Close D in 97 (I read about it somewhere in an FAQ).

More stuff to try later on today!

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
I saw a friend of mine combo Lin's poison SDM.

You know how much it looks like it hurts if you beat a person's last guy with the SDM?! Dang, talk about an insult move.
smile.gif

2nd hit of the D overheads eh? Reminds me of Yashiro's Close D in 97 (I read about it somewhere in an FAQ).

More stuff to try later on today!

Yeah,I know what you mean,I killed the CPU with the part where he lifts the guy up,I was like WTF??!

Yeah,that close D was one of the main reasons why Yashiro was a total bitch in 97,it got removed in 98 though.

*L*Well at least you get to try it out against real people,I have to settle for the CPU.T-T

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
CPU = Good practice dummy

Me using Kula tomorrow = Good practice dummy for my opponents :P

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
CPU = Good practice dummy

Me using Kula tomorrow = Good practice dummy for my opponents :P

Yup,the CPU can be retarded at times,even on lvl 8.All I can say is you learn from trial and error,good luck tomm...errr today!!