kof96 arcade secrets?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
last time i went to the arcade center i saw on the rankings that the clark card alone? (remember that they were cards back in 96 and not just a picture?)meaning that since kof has had 3 members per team who were the other two? and why weren't their pictures in there? i asked a friend that frequently goes there and told me that yeah that there are hidden characters for kof96 like takuma,3 kyos, and one of them is all black or camouflagged, as well as kagura and goenitz, however he didn't say anything about how to release them so i don't have the code. does anyone have more details about it?

rock

W

Whip's Disciple

Chizuru and Goenitz were selectable by the same code used to unlock Omega Rugal in 95.

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
There's a couple of secrets that you can perform with KOF96, such as running backwards and multiple block hits with CDs, but only Goenitz and Chizura Kagura are the secret characters.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Don't forget the cancellable Taunts. Damn that was dirty.

FAQ - How do you unlock Goenitz and Chizuru Kagura? I saw it in an FAQ a long time ago but when I tried looking for it again a couple months ago on gamefaqs.com I couldn't find it.

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
Wasn't Goenitz(BS with him able to use a DM without a stock) and Chizuru only selectable in the home version

Jeff Bogard-Did you play that KOF96,cause I've seen some KOFs that had single mode on instead of team mode.So maybe the KOF96 you saw had single mode

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I could have sworn I remember seeing this code for Chizuru in the PSX '96 version (which I have)... does anyone at all have any idea about it?

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
ok, here is how it was. i normally go to the arcade center here in juarez.mx if anyone lives in mexico just reply to me. ok the weird part of the thing was that. since there were a lot of people playing kof2k i went to were the old kofs are. so i was playing against someone in kof99 and next to it was kof96 so when the rankings came up the one for first place was clark and he was alone. now tell me the only thing that went to my mind was either you could choose clark 3 times or there are hidden players. ok if you want a proof how do i take pictures for an arcade screen. i'll try buying a camera so you guys can see it. oh and i heard rumors you can choose orochi on kof97 is that true? i only play arcades.

jeff (terry and andy's father)

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Trust us: there are no other hidden characters in KOF96 except for Chizuru and Goenitz. And you can't choose Clark 3 times in the arcade.

As for choosing Orochi in KOF97, you can do it on the Sega Saturn version by a code. In the arcade, not possible...unless your arcade operator messes with the dip switches. You can choose Orochi Iori, Orochi Leona, and the Orochi NFT team through a code in the arcade. But generally, you can't choose Orochi in the arcade.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
If Clark's by himself that means the '96 machine was set up in "Single Play" mode. Single Play is where you play KoF Street Fighter Style. Generally best 2 out of 3. I don't like this mode at all. Doesn't feel like KoF to me.

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Yes, I'm an em8ting whore. I set the '96 machine settings to "home mode". The code doesn't seem to work. Is that the correct order? Start button or the select button?

Or will this only work on a true MVS cart?

Is there a PSX code also?

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jeff bogard:
last time i went to the arcade center i saw on the rankings that the clark card alone? (remember that they were cards back in 96 and not just a picture?)meaning that since kof has had 3 members per team who were the other two? and why weren't their pictures in there? i asked a friend that frequently goes there and told me that yeah that there are hidden characters for kof96 like takuma,3 kyos, and one of them is all black or camouflagged, as well as kagura and goenitz, however he didn't say anything about how to release them so i don't have the code. does anyone have more details about it?

rock

You're missing the obvious...
Didn't KOF '96 have Random Select? If so, then the two "missing characters" could be the machine's representation of "random select".

Just an idea... it's been a while since I played KOF 96, so I could be wrong. I had no idea you couls set up the MVS versions of this game in single play mode. It's a fun mode to play at home with a few friends, but would defeat the purpose of Vs. play in the arcades. Isn't "Single Play" and "Single Vs" just exclusive to the home versions?

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited April 19, 2001).]

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I don't think so. I remember someone on ON.com previously saying that the owner of a KoF... something machine of some arcade they went to was a retard because the owner stupidly set up that KoF machine to be in Single Play mode.

'98 introduced Random Select.

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
Yes, I'm an em8ting whore. I set the '96 machine settings to "home mode". The code doesn't seem to work. Is that the correct order? Start button or the select button?

Or will this only work on a true MVS cart?

Is there a PSX code also?

I tried the Goenitz/Chizuru code on my Emu when I first d/l it and you can't do it.Because for some reason if you hold one/two button/s and press another it won't register.

Hehe Orochi on the arcade is funny.I was in China over the Christmas holidays and every machine in that arcade had Orochi plus all the other secret characters.The players there were cheap,they just kept on doing his qcf + A.They all went "wtf" when I chose Yuri as a starting character when I was versing Krazalid 1 in 99 with real Kyo as Striker

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I would've gone "WTF" too... for me the arrangement is usually reversed
biggrin.gif

Orochi enabled eh. Is the hack that is released by kofperfect.com the same hack they used at those arcades? In other words do they have to pick that space in the middle to get Orochi and does Orochi appear "frozen" in the sidelines?

------------------

Ali Jones

Geese's Thug
Try to do this on Psx KOF 96 in the arcade mode also if not on the console mode and
hold Start not the select button
up+B, right+C, left+A, down+D

It needs practice but it is possible