Your favorite and worst KOF teams?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
My favorite teams are (not in order):

1. Edit team from KOF 97 (Kyo, Terry, and Ryo) 2. And the savior team-Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru),
3. Terry, Andy, Joe, and Mai in KOF 1999
4. Iori team-Iori, Mature, and Vice (98 is better)
5. Orochi team-Yashiro, Shermie, and Chris

It's not that I hate these following teams, but I rarely (if at all) play these teams: Psycho soldiers, Ikari team, Masters team, Boss team, New Face team, and the American team.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Personally I reckon it was downhill all the way for the KIng of fighetrs series after KOF94
The teams lack innovation and the charachters apart from the Fatal furt ,Art of fighting and Ikari Warriors teams lack innovation.Also why is it the women teams are able to compete with teh male teams so well,(like Yuri Sakazaki picking up a 600 chang Kohan with ease) how abou some realism.Also the graphics leave a lot to be desired, and Ryo from AOF always loses half his moves once he leaves an AOF game.

I

Iori

Good
1.Yagami Team('98 is better if only for advanced mode.)
2.'97 Special team
3.Orochified NFT
4. 2000 Hero team
5.'96 Boss Team

Bad
1.Goddamned PS team
2.Girl team
3.USA Sports Team

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Favorite conventional teams:
1. New Faces Team
2. '97 Special Team
3. Yagami Team
4. Masters Team
5. Ikari Team

Least favorite conventional team:
PSYCHO SOLDIERS! TEAM CHINA! Find a different team, Kensu! PLEASE!!

Favorite edit team:
Any combination of Yashiro, Ralf, Kensu, Chris, Saisyu, or Lucky

Cheap '95 team:
Iori, Terry, Ryo

------------------
Tsuki o miru tabi OMOIDAZE!
iori_svc_winpose.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Also the graphics leave a lot to be desired, and Ryo from AOF always loses half his moves once he leaves an AOF game.
========================================

In relation to KOF '94 or the sequels after it? You haven't seen KOF '98/'99 have you?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Ryo from KOF 97/98 is a monster. He has tons of moves (more than AOF 3, I think), and his best special can take alot of health off, even if one block it. Too bad he is a bit weaker in KOF 99, much like Mai & Terry, (right, balance) etc though they still rock.

However, I like what they did to to Robert--granted it's all charge moves, but they are effective.

Speaking of 99, I fogot to add the Clones team as one of my favorites.

S

Silent_Scope

I always use Mai, Andy, and Mature as my favorite team in KOF96 - 99.
biggrin.gif

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
My favorite team will always be the Psycho Soldiers (Chin, Athena and Kensou)... sorry Iori.
biggrin.gif

Other teams that I have had some fun with though:
Kensou, Athena & Krauser (KOF '96)
Athena, Mature & Blue Mary (KOF '98)
Chin, Mai & Mature (KOF '98)
Blue Mary, Kasumi, Andy & Chin (KOF '99)
Chin, Kasumi, Bao & Clark (KOF '99)

I've always stayed away from characters like Kyo and Iori, simply because they were the obvious choices...

I

Iori

Originally posted by VinylBoy:
My favorite team will always be the Psycho Soldiers (Chin, Athena and Kensou)... sorry Iori.
biggrin.gif

To each his own, man. At least you think Mature is cool, I'll give points for that. But Mature & Vice gotta be together, I just wish someone told capcom that.

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
My favorite teams are these:

Yuri, King, and Mai
Yuri, Robert and Ryo (in '99 I pick Takuma as the 4th member)
The Ikari Warriors
Athena, Yuri, Mai
The Sports Team
Terry, Andy, Mai, Joe (99)

One team I'd like to see would be Bob Wilson, Hon-fu, Rick Strowd, and a new character made just for KOF.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Overall my favourite set teams are:
1. The Legendary Trio of Garou: Terry, Andy & Joe '94~2000
2. The father/son Ryuuko team: Ryo, Takuma & another (when Takuma is in the game)
3. Reforming the old England team of Yuri, Mai & King
4. The Boss Team
5. Ikari Warriors (preferred w/Heidern, but Leona's not too bad)
6. USA Sports Hero Team (bring them back!!)

Favourite edit teams:
1. Ryo, Andy and Benimaru ('97)
2. Kim, Kyo, Ryo
3. Some combination of Joe, Billy, Yamazaki and Iori (the Total Lunatic team)
4. Geese, Kasumi and Ryo/Andy
5. Whatever random select gives me as a team (I do this sort of a lot)

If '98 only had included everyone, then I could make the teams I really want, like Geese, Billy and Krauser for instance. I really hope they come out with some good characters in 2001. Even though I have not played much of '99 or 2000, I didn't really care for any of the new faces. Maybe some KoF 2000 will change that, but we'll see.

K

kyoisthekof

So far my favorite team has been Ryo, Robert, and Yuri in KOF 98!
Can't be beat!

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Favorite:

KOF 2000 Edit team:
1. K
2. Andy
3. Iori (Vice and Mature for the strikers)
4. Terry

Worst:

KOF 98
1. American sports team

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My best three teams, pre '99.

1. Fatal Fury team (Terry, Andy, Joe)
2. Art Of Fighting team (Ryo, Robert, Takuma)
3. Old Man team (Takuma, Heidern, Saishu)

Honorable Mention: Rival team (Iori, Billy, Eiji)

My least favorite teams, pre '99.

1. Psycho Soldier team (Athena, Kensou, Chin)
2. Sports team (Heavy D!, Brian Battler, Lucky Glauber)
3. New Face Team (Yashiro, Chris, Shermie)

Favorite teams post '99

1. Fatal Fury team w/Blue Mary
2. K' team (K', Maxima, Benimaru, Shingo)
3. Art Of Fighting team w/all three Sakazakis and Robert

Least favorite teams post '99

1. Psycho Soldier team
2. Ladies team 2000 (Mai, Yuri, Kasumi, Hinako)
3. Ikari team

My tournament team, pre '99

Terry Bogard, Takuma Sakazaki, Robert Garcia

My tournament team, post '99

Terry Bogard, Takuma Sakazaki, K', Iori Yagami

Taiso

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
My fevorite team 1999:
1) Terry,'K,Mai,Joe.
2) Kyo,Ryo,Athena,Iori.

My worst team 1999:
1) Andy,Chris,Sheremi,Bleu Mary.
2) ?? don't got another worst team
biggrin.gif

Cho

kyo3.jpg

I

Iori

Originally posted by chohan:
My fevorite team 1999:
1) Terry,'K,Mai,Joe.
2) Kyo,Ryo,Athena,Iori.

My worst team 1999:
1) Andy,Chris,Sheremi,Bleu Mary.
2) ?? don't got another worst team
biggrin.gif

Cho

kyo3.jpg

I think you got something mixed up, Shermie and Chris were not in '99. Just lettin ya know.

Iori- NFT ending in '97 rules

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Ops, I mixed up Dreamatch and Evolution yes ure right.

Cho

kyo3.jpg

VinylBoy

Originally posted by Jackal:

One team I'd like to see would be Bob Wilson, Hon-fu, Rick Strowd, and a new character made just for KOF.

Only one obvious choice... Franco Bash.
BTW, that would be a great team.
smile.gif

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Why I don't like Team China:

I enjoy making weaklings such as the students of Chin Gentsai suffer greatly. They dare sully the purity of a tournament with their winsome attitudes, flashy clothing, silly theatrics and perky expressions. May the gods have mercy on Bao or Athena players when they step into the ring with my '98 Omega Rugal. MWAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!!

Seriously though, they just don't appeal to me very much. I'd rather stick to the 'cool' characters because the animations to their moves have a much more dramatic look to them. I look at comedy characters as fodder for the heavy hitters, people to be beaten up for amusement's sake. Tell me Shingo, a character I played only to learn all the particluar techniques of K's '99 team, wasn't made to lose
smile.gif

I guess I've been conditioned by anime to laugh at characters like Chang or Xiangfe, to not take them seriously, and I think that has trailed over into my fighting game tastes. Of course, I like stuff when its generally goofy (Waku Waku 7, for example), but when the setting is serious I opt to learn/play the more serious characters. Again, I think that's just my aesthetic tastes at work.

Taiso

I

Iori

I hear you, Taiso. My distaste for the psycho soldiers stems from the fact that first, I hate 'helium suckers'(i.e. Athena, Yuri, Mai, etc.) I hate it in Anime and I hate it in Video Games. Second, drunk-ass Chin just pisses me off. Third, c'mon Bao?! Goddamn kid, wears a commie outfit to boot. (I really don't like anything Chinese for above reason.) WTF was SNK thinking? At least he's dead, LOL.

Iori-better dead than red.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Helium suckers....LOL!

I guess I don't really have a 'hateful disdain' for comedy characters like Kensou, Athena and Mai. I think there's a place for them somewhere in KOF and as said before, in the proper context I can deal with them (Waku Waku 7, again). But when looking at it from a storyline context, you'll have to torture me to within an inch of my life before I'll buy even the tiniest notion that Kensou could last five seconds against a K', Iori Yagami or Terry Bogard. My brain just can't wrap itself around the concept that, in a serious story with a serious setting where the focus is melodrama and not comedy, a character like Choi or Chin could beat a Kyo Kusanagi. In Chin's defense, he could probably take out a lot of fighters, and in a storyline context is probably among the top tier of fighters because, hey, he's a drunken MASTER, but this type of character in these kinds of stories do not advance to the final round of a tournament.

As far as the whole Chinese-communist thing, I try not to think about politics too much. We're probably just as good and bad as they are but in different ways, y'know?

I read once somewhere that 'We do not see the world as it is. We see the world as we are.' I think it was one of those desktop Zen calendars.

ANYWAY....

Personal Correction Time: I said in a previous post that Bao better fear my '98 Omega Rugal. Didn't strike me that's a physical impossibility since Rugal is not playable in any game Bao is in (KOF2K striker doesn't count). Sorry about that:P!

But if he WAS, Rugal would kick his juinor delinquint ass with impunity>
smile.gif
!

Taiso

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
My Favorite team...I have to go to KOF '98.

1.Iori, Mature, Vice. (does it get better than that? 2 women!!)

2.Ikari team (95 w/ Heirdern, 96 with Kick ass Leona)

3.Team edit
King, Ralph, Kyo, and Robert. (Like that they changed Robert to a charging character)

4.KOF '95 (Irori, Billy Kane, and Eiji)

5.KOF 2K (Vanessa, King, Kulua, Ralph)

The worst team has to be the American team from KOF '94.

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

CHILD

n00b
Fav. team - Team Fatal Fury from any KOF.

Teams I wish would change or be bannished from KOF - American team. Kim K. needs some new teamates, how about his sons.

VinylBoy

Originally posted by Taiso:
Personal Correction Time: I said in a previous post that Bao better fear my '98 Omega Rugal. Didn't strike me that's a physical impossibility since Rugal is not playable in any game Bao is in (KOF2K striker doesn't count). Sorry about that:P!

But if he WAS, Rugal would kick his juinor delinquint ass with impunity>
smile.gif
!

Hey, I love Team China and I still agree with you on that fact... Bao sucks!
biggrin.gif

I've always went to the oddball, orphaned characters. Most people will always take the flashy characters, the cool looking ones or the ones that are the more obvious, popular choices. By choosing a character that nobody plays, you automatically give your opponent something to think about during your match... "Why on EARTH is he choosing THAT character?"

I prey on the fact that what people don't know in video games can kill you... and people do know what a lot of the more used characters can do. That's why, I'll choose a character like Chin and stun a K' player with a few surprises. I may not win all the time, but the look of surprise on my opponent's face is worth the 50 cents.
biggrin.gif