Hello people!

I am a new person on this forum.
My english is quite bad, so you'll
have to excuse me
smile.gif

So, uh, anyway... What ever happend
to the King of Fighters movie!?

It was supposed to be a co-op between
a major HK-movie-studios and a japanese one. And Andy Lau was gonna star as Iori...

Was it all just a rumor? Or maybe it was
somekind of sinister joke made by Capcom...

Oh, well...

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grappa_Polar:
Was it all just a rumor? Or maybe it was
somekind of sinister joke made by Capcom...

sounds like something that'd come out of the KOF Online forums. maybe just a misinterpreted fanfiction? :

W

Whip's Disciple

Andy Lau was gonna be Kyo. Yeah I read it on a chinese newpaper.

I don't think it ever got off the ground.

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Thats too bad because if its like the kung fu movies or like the Matrix it would have rocked even if it was in chinese.
--------------------
Nasakenai

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
I'd rather have them make it an anime than a real-life action movie. Just how many real-life movies from video games/cartoons actually looked good? Unless of course they do it really stylish like the Matrix, and X-Men. I just don't want the KOF movie to come out with the likes of Street Fighter: the Movie. >_<;;

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fat Cat Lim:
I'd rather have them make it an anime than a real-life action movie. Just how many real-life movies from video games/cartoons actually looked good? Unless of course they do it really stylish like the Matrix, and X-Men. I just don't want the KOF movie to come out with the likes of Street Fighter: the Movie. >_<;;

Fat Cat Lim

Yeah, they all sucked, Mortal Combat, Street Fighter. The costumes were to colurfull and no good fights. X-Men was pretty good but not too much of fighting in it. It would be cool just to have a KoF Movie trough. But Anime is better !

Cho

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Anime would be nice. I like the DC 98 anime-style intro. Except Kyo and Iori's movements looked a bit too... strange for me in the video.

Mai was bouncy as ever. :P

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

I

Iori

The Street Fighter Movie. God saw it and hath smitten Raul Julia.

------------------
fetch.dll

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
god, that movie sucked. shows you how retarded american-directed fight scenes can get. they didn't even have anyone doing a special move of ANY sort. i reckon the stupidest thing was the really pathetic jokes:

"mon, i shoulda stayed at microsoft." - Dee Jay

------------------
- Bufa [Site: Freakling]
The Baxendell Manouvre punishes the cheap.

Hey! Now you are talking about crappy Hollywood-movies... the KOF-movie was supposed to be a HK-movie, wich generaly means that the fights kick ass!

Corey Yun (fight-choreographer from X-Men, diretor of Fong Sai-Yuk and such movies) are currently directing the Tekken-movie... And not that I like Tekken or anything, but I think it's gonna be really cool
smile.gif

Anyway, here's where I read the news:

http://www.gamersrepublic.com/anime/news/050500/kof.asp

But, you are probobly right. A anime would be much better. But not just a movie, a whole tv-series... a couple of seasons at least, to cover all the characters and their backgrounds and stories and so on..
smile.gif

W

Whip's Disciple

Jean Claude Van Dam as Guile:

"I em a reeale americaine."

Krusader

Rugal's Thug
Well has anyone seen the movie version of the comic Tian Ha? It's a Hong Kong production (I think HK, most likely is) and features some pretty big name chinese actors.

The special effects weren't all too out-of-place for the kind of movie its supposed to be, and it was actually done well.

KOF could be done, since its still pretty down-to-earth with some special effects added for Kyo and Iori's flames. It's pretty much the storyline and acting that is most important.

Anime would be nice, but it all depends on presentation of storyline, the storyline itself and the voiceacting. KOF is based heavily on storyline and it already has a steady plot which requires little editing (I mean the whole story is interesting enough to fit all requirements). But they can always mess things up (Let's make Kyo fight Orochi and beat him single-handedly without the help of Chizuru or Iori!)

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
Would you happen to know the English name of the movie or maybe who was in the movie(the actors/actresses)

These are all the movies I've seen based on HK comics

Young and Dangerous
Storm Riders
The Duel (2000)(is this based on a comic???)