Is it just me or is KOF2K getting harder?

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
well, since i've gotten KOF2K, it was pretty difficult to beat at first. (i had almost no idea of how to manipulate the combo system, yes, you may laugh at me.
biggrin.gif
) as i got better, it became easier. a few weeks ago, however, i decided to play on MVS difficulty. It was a little bit harder, but not that much harder. I eventually beat it and kept practicing on that level. However, a week after playing on MVS, it got much harder. I couldn't achieve perfects on the stage 1 fighters anymore, and I had to really try on stages 5&6. i think it's at a plateu right now, but i'm sure it'll move up. I also noticed something like this on Street Fighter Alpha 3 on PS. It just got harder, and i couldn't beat it on lvl. 8 anymore...

By the way, i think that if you play the game on Japanese language mode (has nothing to do with the system, change this in the options menu), it is harder than the eng. mode. Not 100% sure on this, but pretty sure.

Any thoughts?

------------------
31436715.jpg

S

Silent_Scope

It's very easy to "beat".....it's just a plastic.

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I MUST AGREE THAT THIS IS A EASY KOF
I PLAY ON EXPERT EVERYTIME AND WIN EVERYTIME
VERY EASY, THE AI COULD USE A LITTLE WORK.
VERY PREDICTABLE AI

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I experienced the same sort of thing in '94 last month. Was really weird. Suddenly the CPU just decided it wasn't going to let me win anymore, at least not with all the perfect victories I use to get. Mostly subsided, but I'd swear the AI really did learn how not to play against my Mexico Team.

Yojimbo

n00b
The only characters I have a problem with is Robert Garcia,Ryo and Kasumi Todo.They are reallyreally cheap.

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Don't know about the difficulty of KOF2K on level 8 (since I play KOF2K in the arcade), but Kasumi is easier to fight this year (99 was a bitch). The only AI that have improved this year was Kula, Lin, Yuri (as always), Leona, Bao (DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE), Vanessa (can be a bit tricky), K', and Robert (qcfX2 K...BASTARD!).

Zero isn't too hard but can be annoying.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Whip! They improved Whip!

ARGH! I can't jump in on her! They made the Whip AI so damn good!!!!!!!!!

Bao's manageable. I love kicking his hermaphroditic little rear!!!

I noticed that the '99 AI at level 8 was extremely easy compared to the '98 AI. While I was constantly placed on the defensive fighting level 8 KoF 98 AIs, I generally toyed and manipulated the '99 AI. The '99 AI has a lot of bugs you can exploit to beat them.

For example, Ryo falls for low Bs all the time.

However whoever programmed the level 8 Kasumi AI should be smacked. Damn she was such a bitch to fight. If I was to get a sure win against her I had to early jump CD, 60% of the time in which she tried to do a high counter, allowing me to rape her with whatever I wanted.

Yes, rape her. That's how much I hated that AI. :P

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Personally I think that unless you pay some attention anything past level 4 gets really dick. Like armor mode Chang or the like.
---------------
Nasakenai

Dog

World Soccer '96
Hard? Nah hard is that bitch YURI in 99, she just stands there and waits for you to do ANY move, dodge and counters, ARG! Oh and hard is Heidern as penultimate character in 98, damn turtling at it's ultimate.

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
All AOF characters in any KOF are EVIL and MUST DIE,this is what I've noticed in KOF99 and KOF2000

Ryo(99 and 2000)-Runs up to you and trip you with a Crouching C;dp + A/C when his close or your in the air;hcb + B/D whenever your close

Robert(99)-Throws a bunch of fireballs and when you jump towrds him he anti-air's you

Takuma(99)-Fireball 24/7 and when you slide or jump he'll do a Crouching C(if you jumped) or hcb + B/D(slide)

Kasumi(99)-Counters;counters;and more counters

Yuri(99)-Anti-air your ass before you even manage to jump;Jump D and then Crouching D;why do AOF characters have to have unblockable moves

King(99)-Before it was her hcf + A/C,now it's just Crouching C when I jump and hcb + A/C when I land

Anyone I missed?

btw did you like my Bao from the last time we played KOF2000 Fat Cat Lim?
biggrin.gif

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Shut up.
red.gif
Bao has always been a bitch to beat, both CPU and player-wise.

Though I find it easy to beat CPU Bao with Ralf if you get close to him and CD him everytime he tries to throw a pyscho ball.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Yes yes! Bao is a bitch! Die Bao die! I got annoyed as hell today when I went against this guy's Bao. Bao must die.

Bao must die.

Oh, er, back on topic.

I agree Hebretto, the AIs you mentioned are freaking annoying/a bitch to beat. However Kasumi is beatable. Early jumping normal, most of the time she'll stupidly try to air counter. You can land and get her.

Yuri? Wait for her to try to roll and grab you. Let her roll, er, slide and then hit her before she recovers from the roll.

Ryo - Two ways. Let him come close to you and keep dwn Bing him. Like an idiot scrub he'll keep running into you. Or, knock him away , hop all the way to the other side of the screen, then hyper hop into him with a good CD, like Clark's.
biggrin.gif

Robert - There's a pattern to his fireballs. If he throws one, he'll always throw another. Slide/roll past the first one, wait for him to start throwing the second one then jump at him. He won't recover in time to do the wannabe Kim Hienzan thing.

Takuma - He's a bitch. If you jump at him and he does a Crouching C, jump at him with a normal again. If he does another Crouching C, jump at him again. Usually the third time's a charm and he'll get hit.

King - #$(*@)($%*@)($!!! However, if she hits you with the HCF + P (the "throw") or the D version Tornado Kick, AB roll from falling and jump at her. Half the time she'll taunt you after doing this which gives you a great time to lay a combo down her rear.

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

A_Sombra

New Challenger
Actually, in '98 the entire Uncle team AI was horrible. Maybe this was because they tended to be the last guys you had to fight before the big R, but jesus... I really hated the way Takuma used his cheesy, UNLIMITED Haohshikohkens as anti-airs, spicing it up with the occasional Zanretsukan into DM combo. Heidern in '98 wasn't as bad. Had a stupid tendency to try too many neck rollers.

'99 Kasumi wasn't too hard once you figured out that most of the time when you jumped her she'd do her air counter move thing. Then you could just do empty jumps and throw her around. Occasionally, thogh she'll start going ape on that upper cut like move. And don't you hate how she seems to have no lag on that ground counter of hers? '99 Kasumi comes close to getting my "Cheesiest AI of all time award".

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
Iie Kyo-yeah I can defeat those tards easy it's just they do the same thing everytime,if they did something new once in a while I wouldn't mind

I also found that on my KOF99 Evo(US) Ralf will AB slide and then try to C throw you or Crouching A into a SAB (if your in the corner)

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Ralf does crouching A into SAB in the arcade... er.. emu too.
smile.gif

If you REALLY leave yourself wide open he sometimes does C into the QCB, HCF + K DM or C into SAB (I think?).

Ralf tends to recklessly run at you and let himself get hit. Sounds like my playing style. :P

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
He's too good,his air CD on the arcade/home version had too much priority IMO.I finished both Krazalids with air CDs. AIR CDs

In 98 Ralf and Clark were bitches,just run up to you and then a SAB or Rolling Cradle

Dog

World Soccer '96
Another example of how easy 2k is, pick kyo and JUST do CD into qcf + c, cancel when ever you feel like it. Watch as you win match after match!