What is the Nests' story in KOF?

B

Bobak!

Okay, since I bought the authentic copy of KOF2k, my instructions are in Japanese. I've beat the game with every body and every ending, but I'm still unclear as to who the Nests are and how they work into the story, as well as who Heidern is in relation to them. I've figured that 'K, Lin, Mazima, Ramon, and Vanessa are a part of this group, but who are they?

Also, as a side note, do you think they'll go with the Choi/Chang switch that takes place at the end of the Korea team ending?

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bobak!:
Okay, since I bought the authentic copy of KOF2k, my instructions are in Japanese.

heh

------------------
29246632.jpg

I

Iori

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bobak!:

Also, as a side note, do you think they'll go with the Choi/Chang switch that takes place at the end of the Korea team ending?

I don't know, Who's gonna replace Bao's sorry ass. Or will the PS team disband(please, oh please).

------------------
vicecharge.gif

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iori:
I don't know, Who's gonna replace Bao's sorry ass. Or will the PS team disband(please, oh please).

Did Bao die? I thought Kenso did something to save him at the end... Unfortunately that ending had the most ambiguous ending IMO.

Candy is destroyed, but I think they can always rebuild her.

Did Vanessa and Ramon die? The game made it sound like the woke up in heaven or something...

Anyone?

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

thundr51

Bead Banger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iori:

NO!! You can kill Kensou, Bao and the old Geezer, but you'd better not lay a hand on my Athena!!! Them's fightin' words!!!

kof98_athenapowerup.gif

I

Iori

I'll badmouth Athena all I want, thank you very much. Oh and BTW, nice sig, how original.

------------------
vicecharge.gif

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
KOF has a story?
wink.gif
My friend was expalaining the story for '99 to me the other day, I can't seem to remember it (it's kinda complicated) but I think Nest (or is it N.E.S.T.?) is some corporation, and they had something to do with the Kyo clonage deal. Hope that helps a little...

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
If your looking for elegance, then mature is the best kof girl.

------------------
lb2_setsunaslash.gif
Has my greed consumed me, of course!

Kula

Quiz Detective
I really want Kula to be in the next one.She's my new favorite and that's why I picked her name to use.

antisyst3m

n00b
Here is the story behind Nests.

Back during the KoF 97 tournament, the secret Nest cartel managed to take a sample (or captured) Kyo in a weakened form after the Orochi battle in attempt to clone the best fighter in the world to fuel their ambitions for world domination.

In KoF 99, it was actually Nests that sponsored the tournament to gather the world's best fighters to use them to absorb their energy in order to deploy their army of Kyo clones. In this whole scene at the end of the game, K' is revealed as Krizalid's clone. The hero team is unable to defeat Krizalid, and they are all saved by the single contestants, Kyo and Iori. After being defeated, Krizalid is killed by a person with a "mysterious" voice, claiming that he was a pawn in the Nests cartel. After the battle, K' and Maxima are continually being hunted by the Ikari warriors, because they are wanted for questioning, since they are claimed to have been involved with the Nests.

KoF2K is once again headed by Heidern, along with Ling, another mercenary agent closely associated with the Ikari warriors. Ling and Heidern decide to host the KoF 2000 tournament in attempt to lure out the Nests cartel, and hunt down the former Nest agents, K' and Maxima. The tournament will be under their watchful eye.

Eventually, the hero team with K' and Maxima end up in the final area where they encounter Zero (who has taken the form of Ling using the Nests cloning technologies), and Heidern is subdued by the Nests agents. Zero then intends to use the Zero cannon. The battle continues with the KoF entrants that were also summoned to the final arena (and outside of the arena). K' does the deed of defeating Zero with his full power fire blast, after which he realizes that his power is now controlled (meaning he doesn't need that glove anymore).

However, Zero tries to unleash the power of the Zero cannon (which doesn't work because it is reprogrammed by Kula). Zero is then subdued by two mysterious women who claim that he has failed also. One of the women signals Kula to fire the cannon at Zero's position to kill him.

As the KoF entrants try to escape, they encounter Kyo and Iori who say that they will go in and finish off the rest of the Nests agents.

Then the Zero cannon unleashes its power on Southtown, destroying it. Thus, ending the Nests cartel.

------------------
We don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens...

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
No. The NESTS cartel is not destroyed yet. Zero is a renegade agent of NESTS, meaning he used to work for NESTS, but he left it and impersonated Ling so that he can obtain the Zero cannon to destroy NESTS, and thus take over the world. But Kula, Candy, Foxy, and Diana intervened, thus destroying Zero and at the same time, accidentally destroys Southtown.

Bao didn't die, but absorb the Zero Cannon's Power. Then Kensou got his power back. Umm...I think I need to replay the team ending again...

K' and Maxima are now renegade NESTS agents. K' seeks to find information on his past by destroying base after base and infiltrating them. Maxima is helping K' because their buddies.

Vanessa is a NESTS agent, but only so because she wants to secretly take revenge on NESTS after her husband died (an ex-NESTS agent as well). So she became part of NESTS to find out what happened.

Lin is along because his ninja master has been missing. Apparently in the Benimaru ending, his master is now involved with some secret new plan with NESTS.

Ramon was just an extra fighter recruited by the Hero team. He didn't die together with Vanessa in the ending. They made it out alive.
smile.gif

Seth's is Benimaru's friend. I think he's also a NESTS agent but he's secretly monitoring NESTS like Vanessa. Sort of like Blue Mary going undercover back then in 97 in Geese's team.

As for Chang/Choi switch...it will be pretty damn interesting...
biggrin.gif

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Weel I hope they replace Bao though I hope they also not remove the Psycho Soldiers team like the sports team in 98. Though the sports team deserved to be taken out.
------------------------------------
Nasakenai

Krusader

Rugal's Thug
What is this about Smart Chang and Cool Choi?

I heard something about them switching body/minds because of the zero cannon, but I don't know the details. Can someone explain the Korean team ending in detail?