K' Kuestions

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
I hate to ask a stupid question, though it couldn't be any damn dumber than the bickering on this board lately
smile.gif

On K's QCF + A or C fire flash, how do you get him to follow with his fire projectile?

Lee (garg7)
http://www.neogeotemple.com

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
And if you wanna kick the fire in an upward motion, push forward and D. Hey man, that's not a dumb question at all. I wish I'd asked that on here before I drove myself crazy figuring out how to "fight like the CPU" and kick the damn fireball into a projectile.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
here is a bitchin one qcf=C f+D then when he is falling roll it back and press d shaaaaaa~! nice three hit

------------------
lb2_setsunaslash.gif
Has my greed consumed me, of course!

[This message has been edited by Lord Wolfgang Krauser (edited April 11, 2001).]

Dog

World Soccer '96
Ha hah, lovely combo for ya, do the qcf + C, then fwd + D, then dp + C then fwd + D, now that's just fire crazy!

Works best in '99 I've found.

antisyst3m

n00b
You can also try this one:

when close, A, fwd A (this 2-hit combo should not knock the opponent down, but push you away), and then "dragon punch" C, and fwd D.

A nice 5 hit. In order to do this right you have to cancel out of the fwd A so that you're close enough to do the "dragon punch" C.

------------------
We don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens...

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
my favourite combo/juggle so far is:
Close C (1 hit) -> Iron Trigger (qcf + P) -> (fwd + D) -> Heat Drive! (qcf, qcf +P)

i feel sorry for any person who gets caught in that.
tongue.gif

------------------
- Bufa
The Baxendell Manouvre punishes the cheap.
Site: Freakling

Anecdote

n00b
I got another K' question!

In the France vs Kuwait (Salim vs Maan) KOF 2000 match movie you see K' shoot fireballs up the yin-yang. I don't know who said it (on the Orochinagi BB) but that's the way how he should be played in KOF2K. OK, that I understand.

But I think someone said he couldn't be played like that in KOF99. Is this true? And if it is like that, why?

P.S. I haven't played KOF2K yet.

------------------
"Your Street Fighter competitive edge", syeah right...

W

Whip's Disciple

One of K's more effective combos in 99.

low b x 2, into crow bytes A.

It does fair amount, it has multiple uses and traps.

In 2000 you can link it to iron trigger and fwd D into a heat drive.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Anecdote:
I got another K' question!

In the France vs Kuwait (Salim vs Maan) KOF 2000 match movie you see K' shoot fireballs up the yin-yang. I don't know who said it (on the Orochinagi BB) but that's the way how he should be played in KOF2K. OK, that I understand.

But I think someone said he couldn't be played like that in KOF99. Is this true? And if it is like that, why?

P.S. I haven't played KOF2K yet.

In '99 the whole thing is just too slow and has fairly bad recovery time. In the France vs. Kuwait videos (WHERE DO I FIND THESE??!) you can probably see K' being used for anti-rolling. If the guy tries to roll in on a K user his dwn B can be comboed into his fireball thing whereas in '99 the fireball thing was too slow for it to combo at all.

I have trouble beating K' users who do the fireball thing all day in 2000. They did the exact same thing in '99 and I was easily able to pound through it but in 2000, man... I dunno.

Btw, you can do one more thing after K's fireball thing in 2000. Press bk + B or D. You can teleport now! This is lethal for his mindgames.

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
great, strong K'(KOF2K) combos:

Open:

A/C (1 hit), f + A, qcb + K (my fav)
A/C (1/2 hits), f + B, qcb + K
A/C (1 hit), f + A, qcf, hcb + A/C/AC
A/C (1/2 hits), f + B/f + A, qcb + B

Corner:

A/C (1 hit), f + A, qcf + A, f + D, qcf x2 + P
A/C (1 hit), f + A, qcf + A, f + B, qcf x2 + P/qcf hcb + P

------------------
31436715.jpg

Anecdote

n00b
I don't know where you can find that movie-file. But I'm sure Gunsmith has it somewhere. I heard there were more...

About that France vs Kuwait match: yes, K' was playing 'chicken'. He was shooting fireballs all the time and the other guy (with Jhun) had a real hard time getting close. It took him about 2,5 characters to finally beat that K'!

Now I see, thanks Iie-Kyo-senpai ^_^

------------------
"Your Street Fighter competitive edge", syeah right...