tongue.gif

Cho

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: chohan ]</p>

badkhan

Cheng's Errand Boy
My vote goes for 2k.
smile.gif

------------------
i can produce fire. yellow or purple does,nt matter , what matter is it can burn u.
logo.jpg

my site got more then 30 kof bugs.
so login at kof.cyberfanatics.org

W

Whip's Disciple

I'll say 99, It's hard to fight without jhun. Well, harder, not that I don't have characters to compensate in 98.

Can't play 2000 at all, just get totally wasted.

Gunsmith

New Challenger
(*! (*!!!!

Whoops, shift is on, I meant

98! 98!!!! Da best! The most balanced! The most fun! AND NO STRIKERS!!

*snif* damn.... need to get some threads back from the old board

antisyst3m

n00b
I prefer 2k right now, but maybe that is because it's my most recent KoF game.

------------------
We don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens...

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
96' or 2000. 96 has an awesome groove to it, plus it had the boss team!

Geese, Krauser and Mr. Big! Whatelse could you ask for?
wink.gif

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gunsmith:
(*! (*!!!!

Whoops, shift is on, I meant

98! 98!!!! Da best! The most balanced! The most fun! AND NO STRIKERS!!

*snif* damn.... need to get some threads back from the old board

Have to agree with Gunny. I never cared for that strikers/assist garbage. I don't know about balance since I never played KOF98 in the arcades; but KOF98 has all 4 of my all-time favorite teams together; which seals my vote for favorite KOF.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
'99.

Fast paced, furious, and fun.

But...

BAO MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

koolking

Super Spy Agent
99 or 2k
People complain and bitch but look at it this way have you seen a combo list without using a striker they exist but are few in number.

Krizalid

Marked Wolf
'98 or 2K!

------------------
Is good when girl meet boy in park but better when boy park meat in girl. ^.^

Krusader

Rugal's Thug

I have evo and I'm playing it right now. Its got more moves for some of the characters, but I just don't like some of the new characters like Jhun, Bao and Whip. They seem like they've been added just to make perfect teams of 4...

I just like the backgrounds and music in 99 right now. I still like 98 for the characters and gameplay.

C

Caris Nautilus

98 is the premier KOF game. It's weak how they built on characters every year, Yet 99 and 2K have less than 98'.

Plus 98' was bigger in meg size than 99'. Thats why IMO 99' is the weakest KOF game (Save 94')

Mike Tham

n00b
98 is the best, but not the best it could be. Some characters have still not completely evolved. What I mean by evolved is that nothing more can be added to the character short of making him/her too powerful. Most obvious examples are Beni, Terry, Kyo, Goro, Mary etc. SFZ3 is every SF fan's dream game but 98 doesn't fully reach that mark, IMHO.

98 comes first because Kensou had his powers, almost had all the teams from all KOF's before, sans the Boss team of Geese, Big, and Krauser, and Saishu and Heidern were there.

99 comes next because of a more simplistic Clark (along with the addition of the Gatling Attack going into the Napalm Stretch), and K'. However they screwed not only Kensou out of his powers, but screwed Kim out of a Dm so they can give it to Jhun. Also no powering stocks = evil. Also '99 sucks because Vice and Shermie were gone. :cries:

------------------
Mick Kensou- Chilli Cook Extraodinaire

[This message has been edited by Mick Kensou (edited April 16, 2001).]

96 -cos Geese is there.
then its 98!! 97 lacked something...speed, perhaps?, effort?, fun?!

------------------
Its not about logic, its about bowing down to me.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i would say that kof2k tons of strikers and killer combos. just needed fatalities to mess up the game, but seriously i like the backgrounds between 97 and 94 tons of characters were on the stage like if they were invited to watch the tournament. and let's not forget krauser's 96 background or art of fighting's (mexico) in 94. best music goes for 97. however gameplay it's a draw between 2k and 98 remember the dash terry gave and of course we miss goro because there is noone against ralf or clark in 99. they tried hard with ramon and hinako in 2k. but they'll never reach what goro could do.there's chang (my hero)but still no substitute for goro until his comeback my soul will rest. in conclusion
music-97
background 94-96
characters-2k
graphics-99
combos-2k
endings-97
revolution-94
counter combos-95