Terry is now armed with Rock's Shining Knuckle DM??? Why!!!

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
I read up on MMCAFE and they said that Terry has Rock's Shining Knuckle. Why? I would of preferred the Buster Wolf DM instead of the Shining Knuckle. However, it raise some question, did Terry teach Rock the Shining Knuckle technique. I know Terry taught Rock the Rising Tackle, but I though in GMOTW that Rock developed the Shining Knuckle on his own. Dream Match or not, Shining Knuckle is Rock's DM not Terry's. At least, Eolith should of considered the Buster Wolf over Shining Knuckle since they both have the QCF, QCF + B/D motion and both DMs begin with a Burning Knuckle/Hard Edge.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
yeah the buster wolf is better than the shining knuckle. i guess the shining knuckle was rock's own version of the buster wolf that he learned from terry.

i would be cool if you can chain the shining knuckle DM with the power geyser like in capcom vs snk.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Originally posted by ShikiMikoto:
<strong>I forgot what the Shining Knuckle DM was, can someone remind me?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's Rock's DM from Garou-Mark of the Wolves. Rock's starts the DM with Hard Edge (his version of Terry's Burning Knuckle). If it connects, he follows with a lunging elbow knocking the opponent into the air, then finishing it off with a multihitting Rising Tackle. I've seen combos where it can cancel from a throw and the DM can cancel into another Rising Tackle.

Muska

Morden's Lackey
Here is what it looks like but picture a rising takle after it.
rock-super-fix.gif

I think Terry should have Buster Wolf. He looks better doing that.

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
oooooh yeah, that move...Terry's getting that move? I would've preferred the Buster Wolf also...how dull.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Just be happy Terry gets a new super after 5 years, geesh. It may be one of rocks moves, but what does it honestly matter? The move is cool, it is very effective, and I am sure it will compiment terry's character well. Kinda reminds me of Terry's powercharge into rising tackle combo you can do in RBS, RB2 and KOF97 and 98.

Terry Power

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Originally posted by yagamikun:
<strong>Just be happy Terry gets a new super after 5 years, geesh. It may be one of rocks moves, but what does it honestly matter? The move is cool, it is very effective, and I am sure it will compiment terry's character well. Kinda reminds me of Terry's powercharge into rising tackle combo you can do in RBS, RB2 and KOF97 and 98.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree, Terry had used Power Geyser and High Angle Geyser for too many years!

Kof 2001 rox

Hardened Shock Trooper
that "hold the arm, shoot" isn't original. Megaman (i know, capcom.... but still.. and he isn't a very good fighter), then Terry (well that i know of) then K9999 (dm in KOF 01). yeah, i prefer buster wolf, but shining knuckle is ok

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Maybe Shining Knuckle is a proto-type for the Buster Wolf. Think about it.....

KoF'97-2k1: High Angle Geyser
KoF'2k2-Before Garou: Shining Knuckle
Garou MotW: Buster Wolf.

It's a possibility.

BUSTA_WOLF

Marked Wolf
its cool they've given terry a semi-new move, i would prefer him to have the buster wolf though.

ray_7

Originally posted by BUSTA_WOLF:
<strong>its cool they've given terry a semi-new move, i would prefer him to have the buster wolf though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

True, Busta Wolf is such a cool move...damaging and cool animation.

ARE YOU OKAY?.....BUSTA WOLF!!!!

Power Geyser

Armored Scrum Object
maybe the buster wolf is an evolution of the shinning knucle.
terry gets a new move its about time.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Don't you get it, terry learned the shine knuckle first & then discoved the buster wolf later on. Rock being more agile & slim is following terry's foot steps by learning the move terry used to have.
Maybe rock will turn to the buster wolf when he ages some.

Do not forget that motw is 10 years ahead of the snk universe.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Originally posted by Lord Raptor:
<strong>Hey at least Terry's getting a new DM. It's better than that Over Head Geyser.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think he'll still have O...Geyser. Shining Knuckle will be an SDM.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think I remember seeing somewhere that Terry TAUGHT Rock the Shining Knuckle... and in the tournament (Mark of the Wolves) he decided not to use all of his moves (The Shining Knuckle and the Rising Tackle). I think I saw that in the manga... i'm not 100% sure, though.

Power Geyser

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by Overkill Geyser:
<strong>I think I remember seeing somewhere that Terry TAUGHT Rock the Shining Knuckle... and in the tournament (Mark of the Wolves) he decided not to use all of his moves (The Shining Knuckle and the Rising Tackle). I think I saw that in the manga... i'm not 100% sure, though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

were can i find/see the motw manga and is it any good or is it as bad as the kof ones