"Evil" Kyo??

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
About a week ago, one of my friends said that Kyo might be turning "evil". At first, the only proof he had was the fact that he says "Asobi wa owari da!" ("Play time is over!") when he executes his grab super in 2001. And, since this's Iori's line whenever he does his Maiden Masher super, my friend tried to put 2 and 2 together. I totally disavowed this logic, 'cause a phrase is a phrase.

If Iori said, "Ore no... kachida!" ("Victory is mine!"), I wouldn't go, "Oh! He's turning good now!!". But then two strange things hit me. One, the way Kyo treated Shingo in the King of Fighters 2001 ending. And the two, the most recent issues of the King of Fighters 2001 comic/manga on KOFonline.com. Even though I rarely (and I mean RARELY) take those comics to heart, the coincidence just struck me as odd. Do any of you guys and gals hae any thoughts on this topic?

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
When Kyo executes his 2k1 DM, you see the face he makes while grabbing the opponent? I sure as heck think he's rioting.

Dark

Quiz Detective
Plus, look at the grab ..
The way he executes his flames .. doesn't it kinda look just like the ending of Iori's maiden masher ?

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Kyo's SDM grab super looks like Iori's when he starts it off with that grab but after that it looks like his final showdown super.It still looks different.
But Eolith should have given him an original super IMO.
I hope he gets a new super as well as some new moves in 2k2.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
You know... I never noticed the Maiden Masher connection!! Hmmm... we could be on to something here, guys... And when you think about it, Kyo is supposed to SNK's rival to Ryu. There's an "Evil Ryu", but (until Alpha 3) there was really no story with him. Maybe we're right...

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I due believe in King of Fighters Kyo for PS1, Kyo's dad Saisyu Kusanagi and his cousin Souji Kusanagi both went through Riot of the Blood. Aoi Kusanagi (Souji's sister/Kyo's Cousin) somehow got purple flames. Then later in the game it was revealed by Chizuru that The Kusanagi Family got the same curse as the Yasakani/Yagami Family.

But I don't recall The Kusanagi Clan making a pact with Orochi like the Yasakani/Yagami Clan did. So it's a possilbity.

K

K9999

Kyo has never been the same after NESTS showed up, and K' started to hog the limelight.

Looks like he is beginning to crack.

polnareef

NAM-75 Vet
plus,my friend...
He really needs his popularity back!...
Oh dear...
what a waste. :cool:

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Originally posted by Kim Kaphwan:
<strong>I due believe in King of Fighters Kyo for PS1, Kyo's dad Saisyu Kusanagi and his cousin Souji Kusanagi both went through Riot of the Blood. Aoi Kusanagi (Souji's sister/Kyo's Cousin) somehow got purple flames. Then later in the game it was revealed by Chizuru that The Kusanagi Family got the same curse as the Yasakani/Yagami Family.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You know... I remember reading the same thing in a translation for the game! I wonder what triggered it? Probably all of the $#^* with K'...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
moo.bmp

eevil. pure evil.

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: sonic1687 ]</p>

Dark

Quiz Detective
see ? grabs and releases flames just like Iori.
And even says the same thing.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
While i'm on this subject, have any of you taken a look at issues 22 & 23 of KOF 2001 on kofonline.com? It's the Fatal Fury team vs. the Japan team, and Shingo had a draw with Joe. Kyo got pissed off, and started to whoop Shingo's ass!! Lucky for Shingo, Benimarus stepped in. But now, Kyo's gonna do something to Terry... (Man! Why does MY character always get shited on in the comics?! The only time it's happened and i've accepted it, was in the KOF 2000 comic. The fight between Terry and K' was nice!)