WHIP and LEONA...previous connection?

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I know they're not sisters because I know Leona's background, but as far as Whip goes, I have no clue about her life. All I know is Whip is somehow connected to NEST.

Beat KOF 2k1 with the Ikari team, and you'll see them together as kids won't you (my memory's vague)? What the hell is up with that?

Off topic, why does Leona salute Chang Koehan in certain (if not all) KOF games?

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
Actually that Kula not Leona and the Lena saluting Chang thing was a bug. She was supposed to salute Ralf and give that you can't beat me intro she now has as a winpose in KOF99 and above to Chang

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Originally posted by Tora Kouhi:
<strong>Actually that Kula not Leona and the Lena saluting Chang thing was a bug. She was supposed to salute Ralf and give that you can't beat me intro she now has as a winpose in KOF99 and above to Chang</strong><hr></blockquote>

I could've sworn I saw Whip and Leona in the ending, but I told you my memories's vague. Thanks for the bug tidbit, I had no idea.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Whip isn't related to Leona in any way other than being in the same team as her for a couple years.

However, at the end of KoF99 you discover that Whip is the sister of K'. Her cnnection to nests is that Krizalid is a clone of K' (or a 'photocopy' as Whip calls him).
There is also something about Whip having a voodo curse on her but that only crops up in her winquotes and in Gals Fighters on the Neo Pocket. It doesn't seem to have developed into any kind of 'propper' plotline yet.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
In the Ikari team ending of KoF2001 you see a photo of what looks like a young Whip and Leona eating Ice-cream togeather. Though its hard to tell if its Leona or Kula in the picture (similar hair colour and lenghth when Leona hasn't got it tied back). So I guess it hints at a connection between the two before they met in KoF99.
Also, given that the photo was issued with the Ikari teams 'next orders' from Heidern it suggests that we may get to see more of theis plot development. Mabye the Ikari team will be going after Whip to get her back?

Mind you, a lot of KoF plotlines never follow on. Remember at the end of KoF2000 when Chang and Choi swapped bodies? That never carried through. Neiter did the revelation about King and the AoF team. And that 'thing' with Bao and Kensou as merrily kicked to the sidelines as a 'gradual thing'.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Most probably Leona and whip are either friends or fellow soldiers.They are not related.