Do you think that the sprites from KOF need a new design??

Shin Guile X

Mickey's Coach
Do you think that the sprites from KOF need a new design??

I really liked the fact that in MOTW Terry is older and I really liked the fact that they changed his look a little with a new outfit and all. I wish they would change the sprites for KOF to reflect that the series has been out now for 8 years and they have pretty much used the same sprites. People should change their clothes once in awhile in 8 years.

What do you guys think?

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Definitely. But if Eolith is holding off on sprite designs until KOF hits new hardware (2K3 I hope), that's a good decision. No point in redrawing the sprites on the MVS and then throwing them in the trash one year later.

I'm assuming here that the differences on the next hardware system, Crystal or otherwise, will automatically require that every sprite in KOF get redrawn from the ground up. So 2K3 is a chance to toss a lot of old characters and/or reinvent them with new outfits and fighting styles. Although I dislike Tekken, I like how Jin in T4 totally rebuilt his fighting style from T3, maybe someone in KOF could do that.

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
Amen to that. I'm tired of seeing people with the same tired costume every year. Kudos to the Andy costume change even if I didn't like it that much.

ray_7

Of course. I said this a while ago. If they're going to keep making new KoFs, better redesign the graphic totally, if not, just don't make a new one.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
What kind of question is this topic? Of course they do.

What they especially need to do is redesign Bao's sprite so it looks exactly like Eiji, has Eiji's voice, Eiji's moves and combos, and is named Eiji.

They need to also redesign Lin's sprite so it looks, sounds, plays like, and is named Jhun Hoon.

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
Originally posted by EX_Andy:
<strong>What kind of question is this topic? Of course they do.

What they especially need to do is redesign Bao's sprite so it looks exactly like Eiji, has Eiji's voice, Eiji's moves and combos, and is named Eiji.

They need to also redesign Lin's sprite so it looks, sounds, plays like, and is named Jhun Hoon.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dam right!!!!!

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
they have but they just have not done all the charecters yet.i know of kyo,athena but they need to start doing it to all the charecters.and i think it would be a good idea to give terry his motw wolves outfit atleast a secret.like they did for kyo in his original form by holding start in king of fighters 97-98.