king of fighters with motw engine

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
imagine a kof game with a motw engine i would to see that on the neo but it may not be possible due to the lack of space for the neo but that would be ohh soo sweet i think alot of members here dislike motw but i personally love this game it is very fun the only thing i think this game lacks is chareters but a kof game with the llok and feel of motw would be a very big cart i am sure it would probly be over a thousand megs if they ever created it uncompressed but hopefully playmore will realese a new motw in the near future in the mean time i am looking forward to snk vs. capcom or maybe they will call playmore vs. capcom since this is the snk.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
You're referring the "Just Defend" System right. I think it's a pretty decent system, I used it in some occasions when I played Cvs.S. This system just needs to add rolling though.

Mystery

Sakura's Bank Manager
Wow, that was one long sentence ;)

Of course it would be theoretically possible to create a KoF with the engine/gameplay of MotW.
But it would have the crappy KoF animations or, if you want better animations, less characters.

And rolling sucks major ass..I prefer dodging.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
KoF with MotW engine?

Uhm, I really don't understand what's so great in that MotW engine.

Let's see what we've got... T.O.P = counter mode, just-defend = cancels, breaking is also implemented (specially in 2k1), and the specials of KoF are IMO better integrated in the game play. No need to rename features which are already in the game, not to mention guard cancels, escape moves, rolling. Lots of mobility to cope with. And ppl who don't like rolling (hi Mystery!) can always use EX mode.

The reason why the MotW engine looks "cooler" in some aspects is the low number of chars in MotW, which provides enough ROM space for lavish anims and lots of move/combo frames to combo/connect.

Anyway, I think it would be the DEATH of KoF if they'd play around with such ideas.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Then it wont be kof will it, it will be mark of the wolves (garou) & i dont fancy tapping in directions, i hate the parrying/just defence feature because it makes you get an advantage out of nowhere. I would rather just block moves & make sure you do not block again that often, inotherwords, just make your attacks more effective to make them block or get hit.

Also theres nothing wrong with kof's animation, it has some of the most complex sprite shiffting graphics around. Just look at how they create moves & win poses the opposite way around in some versions, thats what helps build character & gives the characters more variation to countering attacks.

10 in 2010

Originally posted by $hockwave:
<strong>imagine a kof game with a motw engine i would to see that on the neo but it may not be possible due to the lack of space for the neo but that would be ohh soo sweet i think alot of members here dislike motw but i personally love this game it is very fun the only thing i think this game lacks is chareters but a kof game with the llok and feel of motw would be a very big cart i am sure it would probly be over a thousand megs if they ever created it uncompressed but hopefully playmore will realese a new motw in the near future in the mean time i am looking forward to snk vs. capcom or maybe they will call playmore vs. capcom since this is the snk.</strong><hr></blockquote>

pleaaaaseee put some full stops in your posts. don't want to sound like an asshole but man thsoe sentances could run the 100 meters!!!

if they made all the KOF charcters MOTW quality you'd need a small fortune just to buy the cart all those chips would cost a fortune nether mind the man-hours it would require to do such a task. MOTW has a great character roster i'd rather have 14 well balanced and designed charcters than 40 characters with only a handful i'd use. KOF has loads of great characters i love to use, but also loads of shit ones like the annoying old men , little girls and boys(you know who you are, bloody psycho soldiers team!!!!)

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Originally posted by $hockwave:
<strong>imagine a kof game with a motw engine i would to see that on the neo</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just defended was crap, and TOP was all but useless, but it would definitely be great to see another game with that level of animation.

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
If you mean KoF with Motw's graphics engine then I'll support ya. Other than that I like the KoF engine as it already is. (except a little less emphasis on the strikers)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Ever heard of punctuation? ;) Seriously, I wouldnt like it too much. I like advance mode a lot in KOF 98, and I'm OK with '99s engine, but MOTW? no. maybe a line sway in 2002, THAT would rock.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
KOF with MOTW engine...no thanks.

Didn't like the MOTW engine in the least bit. RBS is still my favorite Garou title and has yet to be dethroned.

Originally posted by Mystery:
And rolling sucks major ass..I prefer dodging.[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Prefer it the other way around myself.

Muska

Morden's Lackey
I think making a KOF with a MOTW engine is kinda stupid. I mean I think the controls are way to easy. To do a SDM all you have to do is press d,df,f d,df,f p or k, and It makes it to easy making the moves system not challenging compared to the KOF moves system.