Hyper 64 Sound Issues

achika

Geese's Thug
Ok, so I got my Hyper today with SS and FF:Wild Ambition. It's great, I love it, but I don't love the fact that there is no sound. I'm wondering if I can just take some speakers that have the +/- inputs on the back and hook them up, will I get sound then? BTW: I'm running this through a SIGMA Supergun and Quasar 25" VCR/TV combo with no +/- inputs on back.

So then if this is correct, I need to figure out which set of wires I use. The guy I bought this from sent two sets of Red & Black (two red wires & two black wires with one white plug X 2) One of the red and black sets has bare wires while the other one has Y prongs (I'm guessing he put those on there)

And then one set of wires: grey, black, pink, and brown with a white plug. These ones have little metal tips with blue plastic surrounding them.

I'm not getting sound from the TV like I do with my MVS, ST-V, and CPS II boards.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
there are two types of volume switches on the hyper neo geo's later models. The first one I got had a knob that you could turn right byt he jamma connector, and the second had a little dial located near the corner of the motherboard somewhere, can't remember exact placement. Anyhow, check the volume on the board, then the supergun. Pictures might help too.

Just remembered that I wasn't getting sound on the hyper once before, and I just needed to adjust the jamma connector and the cart, make sure they were securely connected.

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: EvilWasabi ]</p>

achika

Geese's Thug
I saw the volume switch before I put up the post (it's the one with the control near the JAMMA) I tried that and nothing. When I get back I'll check the Super Gun. Thinking of it, it may be in the mono position from my MVS. Thanks for making me think more. :)