SS64 1 and 2

Chairman Kaga

Fio's Quartermaster
I will be ordering vektorlogic's HNG64 package with 3 games in the near future, had a few questions though:

Is there much of a difference between SS64 1 and 2? Enough to warrant getting both? If i get both, it will be at the expense of the Fatal Fury game (is this good?), Ill get Buriki 1 no matter.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Check that videos thread a couple places down. Somene said the new deal is the Hyper 64 system, BOTH Samurai games, Fatal fury and Buriki all for the usual $300 shipped. That's all four big games. I don't know if this is correct or if he's simply misinformed, but that might put an end to your dilema here.

Sounds like it might be true. Vektorlogic is probably having a hard time unloading all those Hyper units, especially since everyone that wanted one probably already has one.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
To answer your question, you want both Samurai Tamashi (SS 64) and Asura zanmaden (SS 64 2). They are not the same in terms of gameplay, atmospheres, characters (bosses spefically). In fact, the game to overlook of the four is Wild (un)Ambition.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Boy, Kaga, tough call. I agree with Evil that they are both different enough to warrant getting both games, however, if I had to choose only one, I would choose SS 64:Azura Zanmaden. I think it is a more finished product. That is not to say that SS64 1 doesn't offer its own unique aspects, however, Azura has more polish.

I guess if you are still not sure about bumping Real Bout or not, ask yourself this question. Do you like the Street Fighter EX games? I say that because Real Bout: WA has a VERY similar feel when compared to the Capcom series. Personally, I like RB: WA a lot and, in the interest of having the most unique line up of H64 games, I would probably get RB instead of Samurai 64. That's not to say RB is a better game, by leaps and bounds, but it is very different from Azura and Buriki.

Having Azura Zanmaden, Buriki One and Real Bout: Wild Ambition as your three titles gives you the most diverse set of games. Each, when compared directly, feels NOTHING like the other. The two Samurai are the most closely related of the four titles.

If the new Vektor offer is for all four games at $300, so much the better. So, there's my 2 cents.

[ March 25, 2002: Message edited by: RyoGeo ]</p>

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Back when I ordered from Vektor, they gave you the system and 3 games for $300 and the 4th game for not too much extra. I recommend all 4, but I agree with Wasabi, the Samurais are the best game on this system, if you must drop one drop Wild Ambition or Buriki One.