Questions about the Hyper

Sandmanct

Quiz Detective
1. Can it be used with the super nova without any problems?
2. How many more of those packages dose Vektorlogic have left about?

Im just getting ready to buy my MVS and super nova and im wondering if Vektorlogic will still have them in stock for a few months. Thats a great price and I dont want to pass it up. thanks

S

SUPERNAUT

As far as I know a version 2 board (the one Vektorlogic are selling will cause work fine with a super gun as its Jamma). The deal there is pretty sweet. They've bought all the remaining stock from SNK so I will be much harder to find a better price anywere else. At these prices it's to sweet to pass up, and there boards will become much harder to come by as time goes on....

bwi

20 Year Member
I looked at it this way.

1. The vektorlogic deal , once its gon , its gone.

2. Mvs boards i can get anytime

bri

Sandmanct

Quiz Detective
Ok do you think I should buy the MVS and the Hyper now and then save for a few more months (like 2-3) and buy the super nova? That would meen I wouldnt be able to play them for a while but at least I would know that I have one. And do you think the hyper will have a high resale value on ebay in a few years if I want to sell it? Whats it going for now? Help me on this decision please!!

Sandmanct

Quiz Detective
Oh and if I did it that way and I would get the 4 slot board from the place that has the hyper deal instead of a 1 slot.

edit: anyone know where I can d/l some videos of the hyper games running? Ive only played one and im intrested to see the others.

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Sandmanct ]

If it'd work financially for you, you'd be better off buying Super Nova & HYper first so you can test the board. WOuld suck to have MVS & HYper boards sitting around & then find out months later (when warranty from seller may have run out) that those boards don't work when you hook them up.

Have had bad luck with a Sega ST-V board & a Macross shooting game pcb bought off MD Gamesales & need both replaced for annoying defects. Will let you know how my replacements turn out.
Have had bad luck with buying boards from them but have never gotten a bad cart (MVS or SEga ST-V from them yet), maybe boards are getting damaged in shipping or aren't tested well enough.
ANyway thought this serves as a cautionary tale about danger of buying a board you can't test.

Good Luck & tell us how HNG64 is if you get it, need to save for one myself.