Dumb newbie question

Suu

n00b
Hello there, I just purchased my first Jamma cab and was wondering if it's possible to play the hyper 64 games on it and what I need to do it if it is. Some rough idea of cost would be helpful too, I guess. Also, are the games worth the effort for the cost? Samurai Shodown 64 screenshots have whetted my appetite. Thanks!

Andy Geezer

Rugal's Thug
NeoGeo Hyper64 Motherboard will work fine on a Jamma cabinet, but please note two things:

Original Hyper motherboards used external sound connector for sound output (stereo).
Button 4 for each player is not the Standard Jamma spec (so you will probably need to wire these up from your Jamma loom), Button 4 is also required for Standard Neo Geo too (well only games that support 4 buttons).

Suu

n00b
Cool, so what does that mean for the sound in practice? How would I need to change the setup of the cab or is it a case of buying a cable or what?

Andy Geezer

Rugal's Thug
Depends if you buy the older style Hyper64 motherboard, if you buy the older one you'll just need to interface the sound output from the motherboard directly to the cabinet speakers.

On my cabinets, I make it so the Speakers either connect via the Jamma loom, internal stereo Amp or game board direct to the speakers (using RCA Phono type connectors).

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
go to vektorlogic.com or co.uk, not sure which. They ahve an awesome hyper deal for 199 pounds - 3 games and the motherboard. Very good. Get all 4 for like 260 pounds I think...

There's no need for any worry of modification on the boards you get from Vektorlogic. Plus you get them minty fresh.