Hyper Music

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Well I finally got a call from MAS systems today and they (after many days of waiting) sent my Super Nova. I hear the music from the hyper games (especially the SS games) is really cool. Now, I know there was an entire post on this but it kind of confused me. So, with the new versions of the hyper board, do you get stereo sound out of the standard JAMMA connection? Thanks

C

Caris Nautilus

Jamma is mono, you will never get stereo out if a jamma connection, the stereo hook ups are always on anotehr part of the board. And if it was on the Jamma edge connector, the board would not be standard jamma, and would require special wiring.

bwi

20 Year Member
You can get L and R outputs off a jamma connection , but the board that you are plugging in has to support it and you have to have the cab/supergun wired correctly.
http://freespace.virgin.net/chad.gray/neogeo4slot.htm

shows an example of the 4 slot mvs board

Bri

Edit: incorrect URL

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: bwi ]

Your Hyper NeoGeo has two switches where you can choose between "Jamma" and "MVS". Setting both on "MVS" delivers stereo-sound through the Jamma-connector. I know it´s true cause in my cabinet I have stereo sound without any additional wiring.
Caris is right, Jamma originally is mono, but the hyper is not 100% standard-Jamma.

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
you are right strongest hyper is in stero if you switch it to stero
jamma connection can play stero if board is in stero.some cabs only have mono connected but all you need to make it stero is some speaker wire nothing special