Gai From Buriki one in KOF2K...

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Hes only a striker but for those who did'nt know Cool huh!!!

Laterz!!!

C

Caris Nautilus

Holy Mthr F$%#*!

Gai is in KOF evolution!!!

I just went to Bookyaka and downloaded the new game save, Who is the Syo person? Damn I never knew Gai was in this! I downloaded the striker save LONG ago, and it said it was all of them!

Who found out you could get Gai? Since I didnt see him or Syo in the striker gallery!

Damn this is sweet

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
<STRONG>Holy Mthr F$%#*!

I just went to Bookyaka and downloaded the new game save, Who is the Syo person? Damn I never knew Gai was in this! I downloaded the striker save LONG ago, and it said it was all of them!

Who found out you could get Gai? Since I didnt see him or Syo in the striker gallery!

Damn this is sweet</STRONG>

Are you talking about the Jap Evo?Cause you have to put in a code to get them in the US version.

To answer your questions,Syo is originally a prototype for Kyo but he was nixed for the Kyo we all know and love :DFor the Jap Evo Syo and Gai were only downloadable through KOF Battle De Paradise and I think the official 99 homepage.

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
<STRONG>Holy Mthr F$%#*!

Damn this is sweet</STRONG>

Well, Syo and Gai were the two most elusive strikers, since you need to exchange info with a NGPocket (and a saved game of KOF: Batlle of Paradise) That's why some players never could get them. (i think in Gamefaqs they have a savestate for download)

BTW, i think Syo's outfit looks a bit like the old Andy costume.

C

Caris Nautilus

Yes I got the jap KOF evo when it first came out in japan, thats why I said I downloaded the striker save soo long ago, it said that "All strikers" were unlocked, so I didn't think their was a new save!

Originally posted by Shingo_Yabuki:
<STRONG>Are you talking about the Jap Evo?Cause you have to put in a code to get them in the US version.

To answer your questions,Syo is originally a prototype for Kyo but he was nixed for the Kyo we all know and love :DFor the Jap Evo Syo and Gai were only downloadable through KOF Battle De Paradise and I think the official 99 homepage.</STRONG>

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'd LOVE to see a playable version of Gai Tendo (who look is actually inspired by real life mixed martial arts fighter Kazushi Sakuraba) in KOF2K1. Of course, I don't know what team he'd be a part of, but it would be great to play him nonetheless.

Buriki One was a LOT of fun, IMHO (after FF:WA it was the game I enjoyed the most on the NGH64). Who knows, maybe there'd be room for him on a 2K1 Ryuko team, considering Ryo is in Buriki One and that could serve as a possible bridge to get Gai into the game. Hmm...Ryo, Robert, Yuri and Gai. Seeing as how he's Takuma's 'Another Striker', I'm sure the 'Buriki' connection figures prominently there.

They'd have to beef him up in order to make him a legitimate contender in a KOF tournament, but I think one thing that's missing from KOF is an 'ultimate fighting' type of guy. Hell, if a high school girl can be a sumo in KOF, I KNOW Gai Tendo has a place there too.

As for Syo...the less said about him the better :).

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
Originally posted by Taiso:
<STRONG>I'd LOVE to see a playable version of Gai Tendo (who look is actually inspired by real life mixed martial arts fighter Kazushi Sakuraba) in KOF2K1. Of course, I don't know what team he'd be a part of, but it would be great to play him nonetheless.

Buriki One was a LOT of fun, IMHO (after FF:WA it was the game I enjoyed the most on the NGH64). Who knows, maybe there'd be room for him on a 2K1 Ryuko team, considering Ryo is in Buriki One and that could serve as a possible bridge to get Gai into the game. Hmm...Ryo, Robert, Yuri and Gai. Seeing as how he's Takuma's 'Another Striker', I'm sure the 'Buriki' connection figures prominently there.

They'd have to beef him up in order to make him a legitimate contender in a KOF tournament, but I think one thing that's missing from KOF is an 'ultimate fighting' type of guy. Hell, if a high school girl can be a sumo in KOF, I KNOW Gai Tendo has a place there too.

As for Syo...the less said about him the better :).</STRONG>

Hell yeah,I say screw the story and throw Gai in regardless although it would be awkward to see young Ryo fight Gai,throw in Buriki or WA Ryo too! :DOh and Gai is voiced buy the same guy who does Joe if you guys didn't know.