Games

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
There are not too msany topics in here,
anyway. how many games actually came out for the hyper 64 and what happened to the home machine of it they were going to make, it was meant to be called the neo star i think, also what games were planned but never made and is there any chance any othetr companies might make the games for this system or is it virtually dead?

DILLIGAF

New Challenger
Good question Lee.
There were a total release of 7 games. 4 Fighting, 2 Driving, and 1 gun game.
The system was killed by SNK in a very shot 1-2 year try. Like the beloved Sega Dreamcast.
Nothing more will be released for this system, and SNK never releaved the SDK kit for other software companies out side their own group of 3rd parties.

I personaly love the 64 system, true as they say it was out of date the day it was released, but it had alot more to it then other arcade syste did. It shocked me the first time I played Wild Ambition on how a 3D feel could still fill like 2D feel and be great all at the same time.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Thanks :) Its is silly when a company gives up on its system so quickly, i mean sega for instance put so much money into the dreamcast and it was meant to compete with the playstation 2 and as it came out before they hoped for a bigger share of the market, yet before the playstation 2 was even released it was dead in the water
It could have been big but they messed up, you dont give up on your systems so soon.

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Apparently whoever own SNK now revealed some plans to release games on the Hyper 64 board. I think Vektor Logic have also mentioned they will be releaseing a game or 2 also. Although this may not happen due to the fact that the chances of them making money from games on this system are very slim.

but you know what they say....

Its not over till the fat bitch sings! :D