Got stereo without additional cable !

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
Hi guys,

Yesterday I rewired my mono sound cabinet to a tru stereo one. As I read that an additional cable was needed to get stereo with the Hyper I thought I would not get it. Anyway, I then tried switching dips under the mobo and when setting them to :
2Ch MVs and the other to MVS, I just managed to get the ass kicking Hyper stereo sound and it is just marvelous !!! The only problem is that when I get to test mode, the sound test doesn't seem to be stereo
frown.gif

Anyway, my friend who helped me with that is used to reparing cabs as a professional really agrees with me saying that in the games it gets stereo...
Has anyone tried this before ? Do you agree with me ? If I just change one of the dipswitch it gets back to mono.

Thanks
DarkskyZ

Since the first day I run my hyper in this configuration. I thought everybody did that since the switches say "Mono, Jamma" and "MVS" , so I think its a logical consquence.
Could your friend tell you what the other 4 switches do? The display says: "ON MD",
I have them on the unsigned side but I never knew what they did.

C

Caris Nautilus

Who ever said you needed an extra cable for stereo sound? The 4 pins for stereo are on the front of the hyper plain as day. All you need to do is wire them up to your speakers.

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
Hey I mean I haven't even needed to wire those 4 pins ! Just used a standard Jamma+ stereo wiring. That is the discovery
smile.gif

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
Well, I wired my cabinet so that it is Jamma+ i.e. 2 sound channel. Then I set dipswitches on the Hyper so that they are both in MVS position (one is called 2ch. MVS). And that is all and it gets kicking stereo sound ! That is that simple.

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
To be clear, I didn't wire the 4 pins everyone is talking about to make it work, I just use the Jamma connector