HYPER cab compatibility?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Hello. Some other threads sort of hint around the subject, so I'm just going to come out and ask it. Will the HYPER board work with a standard MVS cab (not your usual JAMMA cab, but the smaller MVS-specific cabs kind of like a Candy)? Do they operate with the standard Neo 4 button layout? Is it just a matter of swapping out my 4-slot MVS board and hooking up the HYPER board?

If it's of any concern, my board is one of the newer models with controller ports, headphone jacks (with separate headphone/speaker volume controls) and memory card slot. I've been entertaining the thought of purchasing the kit along with the four available fighting games, but I think I will only do so if I can run both SNK boards with the same cab.

Thanks for the help.

My Hyper has an MVS setting and a JAMMA setting. Worked fine in a Japanese Super Neo 29.

B

bugula

Member,
Originally posted by FeelGood:
<strong>Hello. Some other threads sort of hint around the subject, so I'm just going to come out and ask it. Will the HYPER board work with a standard MVS cab (not your usual JAMMA cab, but the smaller MVS-specific cabs kind of like a Candy)?</strong><hr></blockquote>

i've got a candy and my hyper runs flawlessly in it. the only thing you might have to do, other than switching the JAMMA connection, is switch the sound harness as it appears some cabs don't use the JAMMA connector for the hyper's sound.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I have one of the newer, Japan only full JAMMA hyper boards. It works flawlessly in my MVS cab. The one thing that would need adjusting for me is that the "test" button on the MVS is not technically JAMMA. JAMMA test button is pin 15 ( I think) and MVS is not.

So, in short, if you have the Jp, totally JAMMA board, you are set except for the test button (easy enough to wire though). If you have an earlier Jp board or a US board, there is some separate wiring to get stereo sound on your cab. Hope that answers your question.

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: RyoGeo ]</p>