Hyper 64's sprite capabilites.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I just wanted to know if the Hyper Neo Geo's sprite capabilites were greater than the Neo Geo's or exactly the same. I didn't know cuz 2 people had given me different answers a long time ago when I asked.

C

Caris Nautilus

I'm pretty sure they are much greater. The Hyper just never took off, so SNK didn't have time to release any full 2-D games, since they were trying to go 3-D with the hyper.

Play Samurai 64 2, there is some amazingly detailed 2-D in that game on the character select screen and other areas.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X:
<STRONG>I just wanted to know if the Hyper Neo Geo's sprite capabilites were greater than the Neo Geo's or exactly the same. I didn't know cuz 2 people had given me different answers a long time ago when I asked.</STRONG>

K' rules man...

he's certainly 1000000000000000000000x cooler than Kevin Ryan... yeesh.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Jugding by that outfit he wears, i don't think he is playing on the same team as Kevin, Geese, Clark and other "manly" men. If he was a real man he'd zip up that shirt all the way and take of that weak ass glove. I think he is on the same team as Benimaru, if you know what i mean...........

now back to the discussion at hand.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
sprite capabilities are probably superior to the neo geo considering the incredible skins that you see in Samurai Spirits 2, as well as the action on screen in stage 3, as the leaves are flying all over the place.

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by EvilWasabi:
<STRONG>sprite capabilities are probably superior to the neo geo considering the incredible skins that you see in Samurai Spirits 2, as well as the action on screen in stage 3, as the leaves are flying all over the place.</STRONG>

Yea the leaves on that page are 2-D, there's also this swinging rope in Haohmarus cave stage that is 2-D, and has some incredible animation to it.

It almost brings a tear to my eye that the Hyper never got a 2-D game. I think maybe if Metal Slug, or some other 2-D game came out for it at launch, and totally kicked ass, lot's more neo fans would have said "Holy shit" and gotten it.

The majority of SNK fans are 2-D fans, so it's kinda hard to convert them all to 3-D with their favorite games. Even though Wild Ambition and the Samurai games were done very well in 3-D. I think SNK should have made 2 or 3 2-D launch games in addition to the 3-D ones they made.

Their were rumors of a Hyper KOF game, Metal Slug and Super Sidekicks game, but I don't know if any of those were to be 2-D. I'm sure theres a few games that were in beta, that never got released, because the Hyper sold so poorly.

[ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X:
<STRONG>Jugding by that outfit he wears, i don't think he is playing on the same team as Kevin, Geese, Clark and other "manly" men. If he was a real man he'd zip up that shirt all the way and take of that weak ass glove. I think he is on the same team as Benimaru, if you know what i mean............</STRONG>

That's kinda strange, since Benimaru is the mack daddy of the KoF universe. Really, he gets all the chicks, and Kyo just passes them up. If anything, question his sexuality. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay.

Beast busters for the hyper 64 was a 2d sprite based game. While im not sure the graphics in it were any better than some of the more recent neo games, they were quite nice. It was a realy fun game, but i dont think that it was very common due to the dedicated gun set up. It had 2 large Revolution X style guns mounted on the macine. Me and a friend did play it for a while in the arcade though, and one of the enemies i remember best (other than the 1st boss) were the zombies on motorcycles. Cool indeed :)

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.klov.com/H/Hyper_Neo_Geo_64.html" target="_blank">http://www.klov.com/H/Hyper_Neo_Geo_64.html</a>