Question About Hyper Neo Geo 64

My local arcade here in New Jeresey is selling a Hyper Neo Geo 64 Arcade Cabinet with Samurai Shodown 64. I asked them how much but they didn't have a def. answer, they said call back on Friday. Now I have questions about the system. Question 1) How much should I pay for this? I say about 250-500 bucks, I just don't wanna get ripped. Question 2) I know some games came out for the system, I was just wondering what games did come out and if i can interchange them with this arcade system. Ok thats it thanks alot for your time. Later

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Aat Vektorlogic you can get a hyper 64 with 3 games for $295 plus about $55 shipping, but there's no cabinet though so think about that!!

Originally posted by L'homme:
<STRONG>Aat Vektorlogic you can get a hyper 64 with 3 games for $295 plus about $55 shipping, but there's no cabinet though so think about that!!</STRONG>

Thanks for the info L'homme I will look into that. But how will I get to play the games if I don't have a cabinet? Sorry i'm new to this, but can it simply hook into a standered TV set? Thanks Again.

C

Caris Nautilus

To play a hyper you need a standard jamma cabinet or a supergun/supernova device.

It will not hook to a regular TV without a super nova.

Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
<STRONG>To play a hyper you need a standard jamma cabinet or a supergun/supernova device.

It will not hook to a regular TV without a super nova.</STRONG>

First off thanks Caris. But isn't that the same as getting the Arcade Cabinet at this Arcade? So I should get this arcade cabinet anyway? Once again sorry for sounding like a newbie but its because I am. haha. ok later

C

Caris Nautilus

A supergun is the same as getting an arcade cabinet, just not as good, since you'd be using a regular TV, with the arcade cab you get an RGB monitor.

Just FYI - there are several different versions of the Hyper 64 motherboard, with associated snags - potentially

1 - Japanese or Export Hyper 64 - Needs sound connectors to hook up to audio and also has additional power leads with them - not really necessary though as it will work without them (providing your JAMMA harness isn't made of feeble wires) - takes all games

2 - Japanese Full JAMMA - Japan version - needs no extra wires - switches on the underside of the interface board to select MVS or JAMMA etc etc - takes all games

3 - Japanese Samurai Board - compatible with JAMMA - no switches on IF board - will only play Sam Sho 64 or Warrior's Rage only

4/5 - Driving + Shooting Compatible Boards - self explanatory

So - just check what you are getting if you want to use other games also.

Jeff F

Originally posted by Vektorlogic Ltd:
<STRONG>Just FYI - there are several different versions of the Hyper 64 motherboard, with associated snags - potentially

1 - Japanese or Export Hyper 64 - Needs sound connectors to hook up to audio and also has additional power leads with them - not really necessary though as it will work without them (providing your JAMMA harness isn't made of feeble wires) - takes all games

2 - Japanese Full JAMMA - Japan version - needs no extra wires - switches on the underside of the interface board to select MVS or JAMMA etc etc - takes all games

3 - Japanese Samurai Board - compatible with JAMMA - no switches on IF board - will only play Sam Sho 64 or Warrior's Rage only

4/5 - Driving + Shooting Compatible Boards - self explanatory

So - just check what you are getting if you want to use other games also.

Jeff F</STRONG>

Thanks alot for the helpful info! It really helped alot, but I have one question? Does the board itself actually have the name on it? Like does it say Samurai Board on it, or do I have to look for the descriptions you wrote? Once again thanks for the info.

There are no markings on the boards - just the configurations are different

Just use the notes listed in the above post and use them to help you

Jeff

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Man, that Hyper Neo64 racing game is _SO_ cool :-D I played it on the mall on a huge cabinet, it's damn nice.

I can only recommend it.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Man, that Hyper Neo64 racing game is _SO_ cool :-D I played it on the mall on a huge cabinet, it's damn nice.
I can only recommend it.
Is there a way to play these games on a hyper 64 set up that one has at home.