Secret Charcter Space in Buriki One?

C

Caris Nautilus

Does anyone else see the extra character spot in buriki one? Anyone know who it is an how to unlock it?

Scotman_jp

n00b
I think it might be Zilber ( german for silver by the way),he is the secret boss.To fight against him complete the game without using a continue.

C

Caris Nautilus

Yea, I beat him with Python, but it didnt unlock the spot. Anyone else have any ideas?

KGenjuro

n00b
You can select Silber via a code... I found it on the japanese SNK homepage. This is the (crappy) translation:

"When the ズィルバー is pushed down with all characters,
The ズィルバー appears under Song of the キャラ selective picture!"

hmm... belive me, I tried everything... dunno how to make it work...

here is the original url:

http://www.neogeo.co.jp/buriki-one/silber/silber.htm

------------------
KGenjuro
www.daddelkingz.de -> 150+ NeoGeo Reviews

Scotman_jp

n00b
When the ƒYƒBƒ‹ƒo￾[ is pushed down with all characters,
The ƒYƒBƒ‹ƒo￾[ appears under Song of the ƒLƒƒƒ‰ selective picture

Ive tidied it up by transalting the Katakana.But it's still rough.I thik it says Zilber can be accessed by pushing all buttons and Start.Then finding Zilber under Song.

Or completing the game with all characters then Zilber appears under Song.

Ryoga

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KGenjuro:
"When the ƒYƒBƒ‹ƒo￾[ is pushed down with all characters,
The ƒYƒBƒ‹ƒo￾[ appears under Song of the ƒLƒƒƒ‰ selective picture!"

I think "Siruba" stands for "Silber" and the first part might mean that you have to defeat him with all the characters. The second part says that he appears below Song in the character selection screen.

Scotman_jp

n00b
The Katakana translates as Zilber,which is German for Silver.(take a look at the characters hair)

Scotman_jp

n00b
I think the Buriki girls was a publicity stunt.People were asked to vote for top5 rendered models are "Fight Round girls".

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
You mean these fight round girls are like announcers or are they like judges in streetfighter 3 when theirs a double ko?When do they appear in the game?PLEEEAAAASE answer me!Im dying to know this info about the buriki girls!

E

Energy jobs

But once you get over that initial intimidating phase, there's something addicting about the huge character roster. There are well over eighty fighters in the entire series, which has spanned well over ten years. Each of them have a unique design (although not necessarily a unique style), most with their own deep background and history. All previous fighting games have had loose plots to justify everyone getting together to beat the crap out of each other - The King of Fighters is one of the few that tries to make any sense out of it. Granted, it doesn't do a great job of it - the in-game cinemas are confusing (and often poorly translated), so gamers have to rely on translated documents to figure out exactly what the hell is going on. But once you get into it, there's a whole world that easily rivals any RPG ever made.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
But once you get over that initial intimidating phase, there's something addicting about the huge character roster. There are well over eighty fighters in the entire series, which has spanned well over ten years. Each of them have a unique design (although not necessarily a unique style), most with their own deep background and history. All previous fighting games have had loose plots to justify everyone getting together to beat the crap out of each other - The King of Fighters is one of the few that tries to make any sense out of it. Granted, it doesn't do a great job of it - the in-game cinemas are confusing (and often poorly translated), so gamers have to rely on translated documents to figure out exactly what the hell is going on. But once you get into it, there's a whole world that easily rivals any RPG ever made.

Ban?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I never saw this thread before but it's interesting. Is that really how you can use Silber? I beat the game with everyone and couldn't use him. Is he really under Song and not the block you think he would be?

Anyone confirm this?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just tried it today and no dice. I tried holding all 4 buttons and pressing start and he doesn't appear. Anyone with Buriki ever got Silber as a usable character?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I never saw this thread before but it's interesting.

What's more interesting is that "Caris Nautilus" was an old Dash K account. I don't think I've ever seen a Dash K post where he talks about the Neo-Geo before.

tsukaesugi

Just tried it today and no dice. I tried holding all 4 buttons and pressing start and he doesn't appear. Anyone with Buriki ever got Silber as a usable character?

I just checked the URL that one of the original posters linked to (I had to enter it through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine)

Anyhow, it said that you have to defeat Silber with every character first, and after that he'll appear automatically in the character selection screen.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010618144346/http://www.neogeo.co.jp/buriki-one/silber/silber.htm

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I just checked the URL that one of the original posters linked to (I had to enter it through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine)

Anyhow, it said that you have to defeat Silber with every character first, and after that he'll appear automatically in the character selection screen.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010618144346/http://www.neogeo.co.jp/buriki-one/silber/silber.htm

And if you unplug the B board from the motherboard you have to do it all over again.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

I did that and nothing happened, default settings and all.

I'll try it again in case I missed one.

tsukaesugi

I did that and nothing happened, default settings and all.

I'll try it again in case I missed one.

Whoops, sorry, I missed your first post where you said that you beat him with each character already.

Hmm... did you do it all in one sitting? Maybe it's something like Forever Sublime mentioned - if you unplug the game or turn it on and off it resets itself.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can take the game out of the Hyper and it retains the info but if you play another cart it erases the previous cart data.

Also I think I didn't beat Silber with everyone just beat the game with everyone. I'll redo it.