Technical questions but Hyper 64 related only so posted here...

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
Hi,
I got my 3 games and system pack from Jeff @ Vectorlogic yesterday (thank Jeff, this has been a good and smooth deal !). So I have a few questions as no one seems to know about an English manual...

1) Is it normal that when I change a cart and put it back, I loose the language and free credit settings ? because the language setting is somehow very usefull
redface.gif
)

2) This has been replied in a way yet but is is possible to get stereo sound trough Jamma connection using the MVS-style and setting the dipswitch to MVS ? If so how ?

3) Is it possible to get the camera and LCD screen from the dedicated cabinet as spare parts ? Where ?

4) Is it possible not to love Buriki One ?
redface.gif
)

Thanks for answering a Hyper 64 early newbie !

DarkskyZ

bwi

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DarkskyZ:
Hi,
I got my 3 games and system pack from Jeff @ Vectorlogic yesterday (thank Jeff, this has been a good and smooth deal !). So I have a few questions as no one seems to know about an English manual...

1) Is it normal that when I change a cart and put it back, I loose the language and free credit settings ? because the language setting is somehow very usefull
redface.gif
)

2) This has been replied in a way yet but is is possible to get stereo sound trough Jamma connection using the MVS-style and setting the dipswitch to MVS ? If so how ?

3) Is it possible to get the camera and LCD screen from the dedicated cabinet as spare parts ? Where ?

4) Is it possible not to love Buriki One ?
redface.gif
)

Thanks for answering a Hyper 64 early newbie !

DarkskyZ

1. yeah happens on mine aswell

2. ermm not sure , why don't you try it and let us know
smile.gif

3. I imagine you could as to where , well try the normal dealers like mdgamesales etc

4. Its an aquired taste and i think its up there as quality goes

Did you get warriors rage? as i seem to think too many people overlook Samurai spirits , its more than just a prequel to WA.

Bri

C

Caris Nautilus

Language settings are saved to the cart, not the board. Thats why, the LCD screen on the hyper cab is just a normal LCD screen. You can buy one that can display RGB video and custom install it on your cab, and feed the jamma video signal into it. thats all it is

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
Hi,

I got Samurai Spirits, Warriors Rage and Buriki One.

As you both seem to say, there is no way to keep language setting when swapping games ? This is quite annoying
redface.gif
(
Does the (15) jamma pin that activates test mode act the same with MVS ?

Do one of you have an idea of the hyper wiring using the big white plugs under the jamma connector ?

Thanks

DarkskyZ

Scotman_jp

n00b
Its a strong possibilty that the battery on your Motherboards need changing.That could be the reason your setting are not stored.

bwi

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scotman_jp:
Its a strong possibilty that the battery on your Motherboards need changing.That could be the reason your setting are not stored.

The settings remain as long as you keep the cart in the motherboard , take it out and it gets reset.

Bri

C

Caris Nautilus

If it gets reset then just switch the language back each time. I don't think it does it on my boards, although ive never really looked to notice.

Remember arcades don't ushually swap games out everyday, a game ushually stays in a cabinet for a long while, just one of the draw backs of arcade gaming at home, it may be the battery on your board tho, who knows.

I wouldn't worry about it

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited April 20, 2001).]

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
So is it that the Hyper 64 boards that Jeff has are Japanese boards? Or is it that the carts are Japanese? Just curious.

C

Caris Nautilus

I did not get my boards from jeff, I have no idea. My board and games are all japanese, and all play in english as well. Ive never really noticed the language changing back. Perhaps it just changes back to the default language for the country.

I would not worry about it, nothing wrong with your board

bwi

20 Year Member
I think the system was never released out side of japan , was it?

Well all mine is japaneese anyway

Bri

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Well, I've seen Hyper 64's with the gun games in the States, but not any of the fighters. Anyone else seen the Fighters in English on location?

bwi

20 Year Member
I meant that all the games and system are japaneese , but like jeff says there are options in the test mode. Can anyone say whether they actually got a US system or cart ?

Bri

and could someone please translate the manual for us , i'd love to kknow what some of those ports are for

Scotman_jp

n00b
Yes the Hyper neogeo was released in the states,and is slightly different to the japanese model.

My motherboard is Japanese,3 out of the 4 titles are japanese.With Warriors Rage being The US title.

Ok my grasp of Kanji is really basic,but i do now the Kana syllabus .SO heres a rough translation of various text.

(page 3- from top to bottom)

Main unit

1)Dimensions
2)weight
3)power input/output
4)56 pin card electrical connector-jamma compatible
5)Hyper neogeo64 input cassette
6)?
7)operable temperature 5C~35C

States that there is three types of hyper neogeo 64 main units.
This board is the general motherboard and the following games will not work-

Road trip RV
Off Beat racer
Beat busters Second nightmare.

---------------------------------
(page 5-- main unit schematic)

1)56 pin card electrical connector jamma compatible
2)Hyper neogeo 64 input cassette slots
3)Versus harness connector
4)Secure clip
5)Volume control
6)Jamma/MVS switch A
7)Jamma/MVS switch B
8)?
9-12)?(its hard to imagine that these are sound outputs,but they have the same kanji as the stereo output)
13)Dip switch
14)Push bar
15)stereo connector

And the rest of the pages are pretty self explainitory.

My Japanese isnt really that advanced but i hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Scotman_jp (edited April 21, 2001).]

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
Hi guys,
I knew about the language setting in test mode, that is what I do but it just looked strange to me to have to do it each time I put a cart in...
Thanks Scotman_jp for the translation
smile.gif

DarkskyZ

K

KiddragoN7676

how come the laguage,blood settings etc don't stay but the extra chracters on FF:WA always stay?

Laterz!!!

------------------
rickr2.gif

We Dragons Never Die Our Spirits Live On!!!

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
HI,
A friend of mine who got several Hypers from SNK while on holidays in Japan has the same "problem" on each of them. And true, FFWA unlocked characters just don't reset... What's the trick ? I would really like to know.... My friend is about to get the original hyper cabinet with LCD top screen and camera so we will get answers about all connectors I hope
redface.gif
)

DarkskyZ

DarkskyZ

NEST Puppet
HI,
A friend of mine who got several Hypers from SNK while on holidays in Japan has the same "problem" on each of them. And true, FFWA unlocked characters just don't reset... What's the trick ? I would really like to know.... My friend is about to get the original hyper cabinet with LCD top screen and camera so we will get answers about all connectors I hope
redface.gif
)

DarkskyZ