Do you think the hyper has a little life left in her?

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
do you guys think the new company wille design on the hyper?

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I doubt it because the system is horrible in my opinion, I play SNK games because they are really the only 2D games left, and their 3D games are horrible.

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
you really think the games are that bad? what games have you played gambit?

and why did you think they where that bad?

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I have played Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, and Samurai Showdown and both are total rips of Tekken. Also the graphics are so ugly, and the control is even worse. I just don't like 3D games
smile.gif

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Yea Wild Ambition is kinda bad. It seemed like a rush job to get a game out. The animation is not too smooth and not many neat speacial effects.

Samurai Shodown II Warriors Rage is a work of art. You can tell a lot of work was put into that game. It oozes with style =) I think SNK was just starting to get good at making 3D games before they pulled the plug on the Hyper. Too bad.

I'm still a hardcore 16-bit player. I switch back and forth between both systems. I have both systems installed in my game cabinet.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
How long ago was the last game released, was it last summer I can't remember ???

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
yea gambit i feel ya on the 3d games ( i didnt like the hyper neo geo 64 much until i really seat down and really played it!) I bought mine for my arcade back in 1997 (it was the samurai shodown 64 kit) and it made it money back since then but i relly didnt care much for it untill i upgrade to warrior rage and took it home to play on my super nova.)When i seat down and got involed with it. I started finding some little moves and players! I now enjoy it very much (and it not a tekken rip off BECAUSE I CANT STAND TEKKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)Samurai shodown has been around alot longer then the tekken games have! (and i cant stand tekken talk about a awefull game!!!!!!!!!!) i bout tekken tag kit for my arcade and man that game sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant belive people play that game!!

I guess what iam saying is that you have to give thing chace (maybe the frist bunch of game didnt meet your standards!) but SNK was getting better (not only was the hyper a good 3d system but it hade some awesome 2d graphics (think about do you think all the games on the Hyper neo geo 64 would have been 3d?? I think not!) Plus the system was made for the arcade vender in mind! (it was made to support fighting games,gun games and driving games!!) not to many arcade system can do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well I still stick to what I said in that I feel that most of the games for the Hyper were Tekken rip offs, but how many 3D fighters aren't. Fatal Fury is almost identical to Tekken though in my opinion. I just think that the good ole MVS is just fine the way it is. If I want 3D games I'll go buy a dreamcast or Playstation 2.

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I have a hyper 64 and it is great. The sony ports are horible, yeah it looks like it but it's not( kinda if you look at the back of kof 95 or 99 for the plastation it looks good until you run it). Look at some of the detail in the FWA game no 3D fighting game to date has the depth and detailed backgrounds. Don't get me wrong I would rather play my MVS but sometimes I am in the mood for a 3D game and TEKEN just doesn't cut it................NEONUT