HNG64 on a Super Nova

M

metalslug2k

I am in the process of buying a Super Nova and MVS setup. I would like to add a HNG64 board as well. What do I need to know in order to hook the HNG64 up to the Super Nova? I know that it is more complicated than the MVS, but can someone give me specific details? Thanks!

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
If you are playing it on the nova everything works except the sound. The neo 64 board has separate stereo wires( not part of the jamma harness). I have a plug in type , but I heard that some neo 64 boards have rca jacks ( not sure)...........NEONUT

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
buy a super nova 4 button system and mod the hyper to run on basic sound imputs (just tell masssystems your going to run a hyper on it and they should sell you a connectior (30 to 40 dollars) that will allow you to run sound off the super nova.

M

metalslug2k

I already have the Super Gun on the way. Is there anything that I can do after the fact to add that sound support? Can anyone verify that there are HNG64 boards with RCA outs?

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
There aren't any HNG64 boards with RCA outs (unless you mod it), but there is a 4 pin square connecter (with cable) that lets you hook the unit up directly to speakers. There is also a volume knob.

[This message has been edited by SmokeYa (edited October 13, 2000).]

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by SmokeYa:
There aren't any HNG64 boards with RCA outs (unless you mod it), but there is a 4 pin square connecter (with cable) that lets you hook the unit up directly to speakers. There is also a volume knob.

[This message has been edited by SmokeYa (edited October 13, 2000).]

Hey man,

I was wondering if you knew where to buy the male connector for the hyper neo board? I was just wondering incase I ever need a spare, Also where would I buy the pins to put into the male connector? Since I am in great need of some, If you can help that'd be great. Also do you know what the OTHER slightley bigger white box with 4 holes is next to the sound one? thank's for any help

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
go to video connection they have spare sound harness for the hyper unit