New to Neo-Geo Hyper 64

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
I'm completely new at this topic

I have some questions about Neo-Geo Hyper 64:

1. What setup do i need to play the games?
2. How many games are available for this system?
3. What are the best games?
4. How much is the average game cost?

Your help is very appreciated

many thanks,
Pedu

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I don't know too much about the technical aspects but I'll tell you right now that the best games are Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition, both Samurai Shodown games, Buriki One, and Beast Busters 1999 (released in the US?).

K

KiddragoN7676

hi
Basically all u need is a basic jamma setup!!the best games are probably the four fighting ones(buriki one,Fatal fury,SS64and SS64 warriors rage)i have'nt played any of the driving ones or beast busters so i can't say!!there are 4 fighting 1 gun and thge 2 driving are Xtreme Ralley and Roads edge!!prices vary u can pay between $100-200 for the mother board and $50-100 for a cart!!take vektorlogics deal $295 the board and 3 games!!its well worth it!!but if u want the driving games u have to buy a Driving mother board
frown.gif
hope this helps
smile.gif

Laterz

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Hey, I checked around and just so you know Beast Busters (and any other gun games) won't work on the regular board either
frown.gif
. Road's Edge and the gun games are on some slightly modified board (HYPER Hyper Neo Geo 64? o_O
wink.gif

I heard that same company has the HNG64 Dev kit from SNK and is finishing a Metal Slug 3D game, is that true?

bwi

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:

I heard that same company has the HNG64 Dev kit from SNK and is finishing a Metal Slug 3D game, is that true?

If this is true, i would imagine that it would be Jeff at vektorlogic. He has said that htey will produce some new HNG games as it is easier than producing for MVS.

Only time will tell i suppose

Bri

The new game for HNG 64 is our aim for the end of this year or the beginning of next.

Right now we are working on 2 new games for MVS - one puzzle and one maze game (with a familiar lead character ;-)~ )

The first game will be released on a dedicated PCB for the first 1000 units and then the neo version will be released shortly after that. I will post some screenshots in the near future when the game is ready for Beta but I have been playing it this week and it's pretty good - if I do say so myself.

There will be an AES version for the AES freaks - thanks to Adam from Northallerton who traded his AES system for a mini 6 slot upright - I can now get to work on building the AES boards and cartridge plastics.

(If the moderators want to cross post this info - feel free - there's nothing on our site on this as the site is being re-written right now and should be ready with the flash stuff and on-line sales in a month from now)

Jeff

jeff.ferrier@vektorlogic.com