Staff member
In the same voice as from Tempest 2000:

'Yes! YEs! YES!'

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
So, then, does that mean that "NGF" didn't get ALL the restock, like they said they did? I guess thats the case, which means they'll be sitting on those carts for a LONG LONG time . . . selling them on eBay and thats about it!

Oh, and incidentally, did anyone notice that they took down all their "restock" pictures from their website? Funny how they pretty much gutted the whole site, now there's nothing left there except like 3 pages . . . I wonder what happened to make them take it all down?

I think they're starting to sweat about something, time will tell exactly what that turns out to be . . .

CORE

n00b
Actualy I heard that NCS bought 20 different titles from NGF. this doesnt seem to hard to believe seeing that NGF prefers selling to other companies.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I think that whatever you heard was BS.

NCS posted on their website that the games they got were from SNK Japan, not "NGF".

NGF offered the cartridges to NCS at ridiculously inflated prices (acting like a middleman that does nothing more than jack the price up), and NCS declined the offer.

I've seen that in an email NCS sent to a friend of mine.

But If I were NGF, I'd be wondering how the hell I'm going to move 1000+ cartridges when my reputation as a company (NGF) is completely trashed? Ebay is too slow and tedious, prices aren't guaranteed there, and you have to pay a percentage to eBay for the sale. That doesn't leave much of a source to move the carts, and I'm sure that Dion and Chris sank a big chunk of money (or loans, most likely credit cards) into the order . . . and those loans are gonna come due REAL soon!!!

All I can say is THANKS to NCS for coming through YET AGAIN for the hardcore Neo Geo gamers, the TRUE FANS of the system!!!

[This message has been edited by chimpmeister (edited December 04, 2000).]

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Don't know about you but the Final Neo Geo Freak issue was more important news to me. Really wish I knew about pre-ordering the issue: Could have gone quite nicely with Top Hunter. Oh well looks like I'll have to hound Tower Records for a few more issues. Wonder what will happen about the US version games though, since I half had my heart set on a Japanese version, and other people may have as well. Anyhow, it's news worth toasting to.

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
Hey Chimp, this the best thing that could and did happen. Now we all have to support NCS, cause they are the ones that really care and are not a fucken ripoff. They are working on some other things too! this is just one more pin in the voodoo Doll if you know what i mean. Now to put some gas on the fire we should get the members here and on Dolf's site to petition every business site we know of and tell them not to buy them god dam tanted carts. Hupplark_39

S

Silent_Scope

NCS is awesome
I'm just waiting for my Shocking Troopers 2 from them

JRock917

, ,
I have to say I am too very delighted to see that not only did they get some stock in, but are negotiating for more... if only the 21st would get here a little quicker so I could get my hands on the aes kof 2000!

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
Don't know about you but the Final Neo Geo Freak issue was more important news to me. Really wish I knew about pre-ordering the issue: Could have gone quite nicely with Top Hunter. Oh well looks like I'll have to hound Tower Records for a few more issues. Wonder what will happen about the US version games though, since I half had my heart set on a Japanese version, and other people may have as well. Anyhow, it's news worth toasting to.

Yeah... I kinda wish I pre-ordered for an issue of this. The last issue of a great magazine, even if I didn't understand any of the text.
smile.gif

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
hey all i talked ncs today when i called in my credit card infomation for ngf, i asked about the supply and the price for the neo geo carts restock, they told me all the games that i preorder are in so they think (spinmaster, tophunter, kof99, ms2, ss3, ghost pilot) and the prices were the same...I was worried they might have jacked up the prices of they brought the games from neofeofreak.com......I am very happy about this situation and if ypu never have ordered from ncsx i think this is a good chance to get some great products from a reliable company who wont jerk you...I also paid for my kof2000...Looks like this is a snk christmas!!!!!!!!!

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
SNK Christmas? Forget that, we have FESTIVUS!

Happy Holidays.
smile.gif

James

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I too, do regret not getting that NeoGeoFreak issue. I really didnt even notice it when they said to pre-order it. That would have been great to have, who else stocks it?

Originally posted by smurphy570:
hey all i talked ncs today when i called in my credit card infomation for ngf, i asked about the supply and the price for the neo geo carts restock, they told me all the games that i preorder are in so they think (spinmaster, tophunter, kof99, ms2, ss3, ghost pilot)

I got an e-mail from them this evening and it looks like Metal Slug 2 and Real Bout 2 are not available yet. I'd be really interested if you get a different story tomorrow, as I ordered just a few minutes after the stock was posted.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Originally posted by brentsg:

I got an e-mail from them this evening and it looks like Metal Slug 2 and Real Bout 2 are not available yet. I'd be really interested if you get a different story tomorrow, as I ordered just a few minutes after the stock was posted.

Interesting indeed brent - I got the SAME exact email from the looks of it as you did. Same deal with my MS2 and RB2... sucks considering I honestly placed my order also just a few mins after the stock list posted... Did anyone get these carts? I really dont think I was beat to them by anyone, if anything it would have to do with the way NCS sorted the orders?

Originally posted by outsider:
Did anyone get these carts? I really dont think I was beat to them by anyone, if anything it would have to do with the way NCS sorted the orders?

I'd be willing to bet that MS2 just isn't available in this shipment. The way it was worded to me is that they couldn't get that title yet, but that they had an offer on the table they were considering.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I got my confirmation email tonight as well. Although they confirmed 14 carts for me, they did say that Metal Slug 2 was not available in this shipment, and FF3, SS2. They said they might get those later, but they confirmed everything else I ordered. Which is truly AMAZING, what a GREAT store this is!!!!

Oh, and my email order went it within the first ten minutes of the list hitting their website . . . looks like a couple of you guys (brentsg!!) were even FASTER on the trigger!!!

BTW brentsg, how's the case?

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Fellas. I also got the same email regarding Metal Slug 2. It says that there were previous pre-orders. I hope they get in the Metal Slug 2 and 1 shipment in, and at a low price.

S

Silent_Scope

"crying so hard"...........
Can't get Spinmaster and Shocking Troopers 2 .......coz I submited my order late.........
frown.gif

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
:: sniff :: I guess I'll just have to wait till that other stock hopefully arrives, damn :/ But the future looks good, more stock they'll be negotiating!

M

Maiden Masher

Man, I just got a confirmation for
King of Fighters 99
Metal Slug 3
Samurai Showdown 3 (US!!!!)

Now all I need is a cart system and I'll be all set
smile.gif

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
my email states
ghost pilot
top hunter
kof99
ss3
ARE IN!
i was wondering what else is available?
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
My question is, how do we go about getting them the money? I got an e-mail confirming 3 of the 5 I put in a pre-order for, and I told them how I prefer it to be shipped, but to be honest, I don't see them shipping out things they don't have money for just yet. I know I sound about as uninformed as they come, but ordering things online is something totally new to me. I wish I could just call them and find something out, but I think it's too early, and I gotta be at work soon. Bummer. Thanks in advance for any help...