NGF control

NGF

NEST Puppet
Hee hee hee! I wanna buy Mark of the Wolves for 900 dollars just to get the private mailing list!
Kunios>>
Yes, isn't it great how we got retailers to follow the NeoGeoFreak pricing? Isn't it great that ALL retailers are now selling KoF2000 for OVER $330 now, even though the wholesale cost is still the same as KoF94-KoF99? NCS sold KoF99 for only $259, yet they are following the NeoGeoFreak lead and now offering KoF2000 at $332, and might ask for more. Isn't it great that even places overseas have dramatically increased their Neo AES prices to follow NeoGeoFreak?

NeoGeoFreak is completely controlling and creating the new Neo standard daily. Wait for more world-wide control coming soon.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

The Black Knight

Cheng's Errand Boy
No point in dignifying this idiotic post with anything other than a simplistic response that shoots it down:

Dion, there's no proof NGF affected the price of KOF2000, outside of your word. In fact, NCS posted something quite to the contrary, a little while ago.

NCS no longer enjoys the distribution discounts that enabled us to offer most previous Neo Geo cartridges at US$268. Perhaps it is due to the re-organization of SNK that has changed vendor pricing to higher platforms.
Today's price is final and will not hike to a higher level under any circumstance.

Including act of imbecile. Dion, that means you.

No more distributor discounts due to the Neo-Geo's recent situations. Quit making things up.

- The Black Knight

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Dion (the backside boy) why do you say they are charging $330 and that is too much but for the same game KOF 2000 you are selling it for $1200. However when the KOF 2000 really comes out you are gonna take the game and give it that old dion treatment (which destroys the game) then sell it for $400. $70 more than NCS. You are just a piece of crap and everyone on this board knows it.

Dion=Steamy pile of elephant dung rotting in the sun.

N

NGPSkinhead

And even if NCSX follows your prices. Be proud they are more expensive now and be happy less people are now able to play tehre loved fighter at home. Sorry I don't have rich parents or a big job so I can buy everything.

Why NGF see it as positive that games are getting expensive?

I don't get it, if you're a real freak you want everybody to enjoy the great gameplay and not only the rich.

NGF

NEST Puppet
What simple and short memory you people have. Our $1200 KoF2000 was a convert from the MVS, and we were selling them 4 months BEFORE the wide release.

Some people can and will pay more for their advanced versions. Those special "NeoGeoFreak" versions will always been seen as the rarer and more expensive collectors versions.

The KoF 2000 Japanese and English versions will finally be available this coming December 21, and might be shipped to people by Jan 1, 2001. And like we said, retailers are following our lead and selling games well past their $250 tag.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

NGF

NEST Puppet
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NCS no longer enjoys the distribution discounts that enabled us to offer most previous Neo Geo cartridges at US$268. Perhaps it is due to the re-organization of SNK that has changed vendor pricing to higher platforms.
Today's price is final and will not hike to a higher level under any circumstance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Including act of imbecile. Dion, that means you.

No more distributor discounts due to the Neo-Geo's recent situations. Quit making things up.

- The Black Knight >>

If that's what you think, fine.
We know the wholesale price of the KoF 2000 carts because we ordered 200 ourselves. The wholesale price is still the same as it always was.
NCS is following the NeoGeoFreak lead and selling the games for more. And why shouldn't they? We are all in the business to make money. I'm sure the next game they sell will be over $360, posiblly $400.

NeoGeoFreak will continue to set the standard and the pricing.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

DaemoN

Camel Slug
>Those special "NeoGeoFreak" versions will >always been seen as the rarer and more >expensive collectors versions.

Of course, they're made in less quantity and they're homebrew. It's quite obvious they're rarer. If I make a KOF2k "Elite Official DaemoN version Convert" it'll be even rarer, that doesn't imply that it'll be more important, better or that it's worth $Bazillion Dollars$ more than other carts.
IMO, Real collectors collect real carts.
Since SOME carts weren't released as home, then getting adapted cartridges is fine.
Even with that kind of reasoning, I still say NGF "adapted" carts are just a clean job, anyone w/ time and dedication could do those as well without having to charge people abusive prices.

------------------
DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com
www.roarvgm.com

NGF

NEST Puppet
As usual, talkers vs. doers.

Most you people don't know the first thing about doing these. Look at the other group, it takes 4 other people to make one art. And to what avail? no one has or wants the "other free versions."
And even they offer the NeoGeoFreak versions for download. Just completely undermining all their time and effort. Even THEY know the only ones worth anything and worth having are the NeoGeoFreak versions.

We have been making these since 1996/97. As usual, people are "trying" to follow the NeoGeoFreak lead.

So go ahead Dameon, make those inserts, do conversions, and sell them cheap. Don't charge people for your time and effort locating parts, sending out payments, doing the conversions, creating art, printing them, sending out games, etc. Just do them all for free.
We want to see more conversions available from more people. This way more people will upgrade their carts to the NeoGeoFreak versions. We have already had 4 people send in their "black" carts for free NeoGeoFreak insert/sticker promotional give-aways, and we want more. We are expecting another 5 to be sent in to us soon from a few new people. Our promtional give-away seems to be bringing in some new friends and new collectors.

The more people offering and doing conversions, the more people will buy the official and recognized inserts, stickers, manuals from NeoGeoFreak.
Please look around, most serious collectors have the NeoGeoFreak cartridges. That's a fact.

We are here to provide for and support all NeoGeo fans. And the fans want the NeoGeoFreak brand.

thanks again,

NeoGeoFreak.

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited December 03, 2000).]

DaemoN

Camel Slug
You seem to be quite confused.
I've never said people should do conversions for free. I said they shouldn't pay fucking abusive prices for those.
I am a graphics artist and I've made plenty of free work for people. But PRINTING the work is quite different from making it.
Come on, you're trying to use lame reasoning with me.

Printing = Ink + Paper = Costs Money

Making an Insert = Costs Time and "Finger"

Charging to CONVERT a cartridge is fine, if it's not an abusive price (you used little material and your time/effort). Charging for a CONVERTED cartridge is fine, since you wasted two cartridges and other material to do it.

But charging ABUSIVE prices for a cartridge is not acceptable IMO.

And to answer your crap about "serious collectors": I am one of the biggest videogame collectors of my state. I know the number one collector in this state (and maybe in my whole country) and he also thinks that paying such prices for a converted cart is quite stupid and abusive. We are both "serious" collectors and we are not willing to get NGF stuff. Why? you tell me :P

Not to mention we're not the only people with this kinda opinion, hehe.

If NGF was SOOOOOOOOOOO serious and cared SOOOOOOO much about this, maybe you guys could make a complete/detailed walkthru about how to convert a cart, provide hi-res scans &/or inserts/stickers/others for FREE, and only charge for services (i.e. people who feel they're not capable of or have no time to make a converted cart for example).

Maybe you guys should AT LEAST have some consideration with the "scene" you all claim to respect so much and stop bragging about the monopoly you're trying to make and act like a real company: shut up and provide your services - people who like you will come after you.

------------------
DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com
www.roarvgm.com

NGF

NEST Puppet
If NGF was SOOOOOOOOOOO serious and cared SOOOOOOO much about this, maybe you guys could make a complete/detailed walkthru about how to convert a cart, provide hi-res scans &/or inserts/stickers/others for FREE, and only charge for services (i.e. people who feel they're not capable of or have no time to make a converted cart for example).

Maybe you guys should AT LEAST have some consideration with the "scene" you all claim to respect so much and stop bragging about the monopoly you're trying to make and act like a real company: shut up and provide your services - people who like you will come after you.

DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com >>
-----------------------------

Here is the "blind fury" in action again.
We DO offer a service.
We offer the original

"NeoGeoFreak Promotional Inser CD"

for only $20. Yes, only $20.
This way all people to be able to print the NeoGeoFreak inserts themselves, and have another beautiful NeoGeoFreak collectible item.

We want everyone to have and recognize the collectible NeoGeoFreak inserts.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

like ive said before, some zxyklon b would solve this problem....a fine example of a greedy piggy mentality that has to be eliminated..this shit is beyond sick and beyond a childs state of mind,even children have more morals and decency than these idiots!!i would call it "ngf" a halve retarted set of siamese twins...who need to be euthanised......

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
I have to say it again - I'm glad I collect MVS carts!

But anyway, Dion and other people forget that it is the BUYERS who set the price for Neogeo games. Dion thinks he is setting the trend in prices for Neo carts. If prices are too high, people will stop buying the games. No sales = no money for Dion and others. Sellers will have to drop their prices. The buyers are the ones who set the trend in pricing and have the true power.

I think Neogeo is a great gaming system, but I don't think the high pricing will last much longer. The technology is getting old fast. It is amazing that it has lasted 10 years, but it won't last the much longer. Video game technology has increased at an exponential rate these last couple years. The new systems are pretty amazing. It doesn't make sense that people will keep paying >$200 for old games. People will start to drift away from the system due to high prices and lack of new games coming out.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
>Here is the "blind fury" in action again.
>We DO offer a service.
>We offer the original
>"NeoGeoFreak Promotional Inser CD"
>for only $20. Yes, only $20.

Let's clarify this. Original NGF, unnofficial tho.

$20 for a CD that I doubt you guys wasted more than $5 to make, but oh well.

Why not have downloads as well on your page then?
smile.gif

>This way all people to be able to print the >NeoGeoFreak inserts themselves, and have >another beautiful NeoGeoFreak collectible >item.

Oh whatever, beautiful neogeofreak collectible item, blah blah blah. Make it freely available so people with a fast connection can download it them. I'm sure modem users will still buy the CD from you guys.

>We want everyone to have and recognize the >collectible NeoGeoFreak inserts.

Keep wanting then...

>thanks for the support,

I don't support you guys, so quit using that when answering any of my messages
smile.gif

I hate it when a certain NGF person answers my email on a certain mailing list like this:

me: I need a scan of XYZ's insert so I can print it and make my own insert. I have no money to buy one nor the intention to do so.

then I get some response like this:

NGF people: "ILL SELL IT FOR $$BUX$$! FREE SHIPPING MAYBE! ORIGINAL NGF PRODUCT! LOL DUDES!"

then I reply again:

"I don't want to buy it, I want a scan"

and I get

"ILL SELL IT FOR $$BUX$$ (minus $1) THEN!!!!!!11111111"

and I reply yet again

"I don't want to buy it, I want a scan"

and I still get mail offering me the damn thing.

Hopefully people will continue to send me scanned inserts and other neogeo related art so I can put it up for people to freely download and make their own inserts without having to pay a penny for it (other than the paper and ink/toner/whatever) :P

Cya, AND THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!
biggrin.gif

------------------
DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com
www.roarvgm.com

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
As usual, talkers vs. doers.
Most you people don't know the first thing about doing these. Look at the other group, it takes 4 other people to make one art. And to what avail? no one has or wants the "other free versions."
And even they offer the NeoGeoFreak versions for download. Just completely undermining all their time and effort. Even THEY know the only ones worth anything and worth having are the NeoGeoFreak versions.
-------------------------------------------

What the hell are you mooing about?
You know as much about us as we do about you.
Nothing.
You wanna talk up your "skills" fine.
You wanna do so by putting us down?
Think again. You really dont want to go there. I've worked in the graphic arts & printing indusrty for over a decade now. What I do here is "fun" stuff that I give away. You wanna start talking shop, I doubt your gonna be able to hang.
I make my inserts for my own personal enjoyment. If some else likes or wants a copy. They are welcome to it. If they think its crap, thats fine too. If they want to buy yours, I really dont care.

What I do care about, is I will not be talked down to. Nor will my work. Next time you want to talk up your work, leave us out of it. Thats a double edged sword that you will not like.
-nick_th_fury

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
It's pretty funny how the fuckers that run NGF come into these forums to harass everyones opinions...I want to first off tell everyone that DION is the most IMATURE person I have EVER HEARD TALK IN MY LIFE. It mis so hard to find good Neo-related dealers anymore...NGF isn't one of em'. NGF is 2 FUCKERS trying to sell Neo for prices that they think it should be sold for...then RIPPING EVERYONE OFF. I think NGF is taking lessons from BUYRITE...

Bryan -FUCK NGF-

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

Originally posted by BonusKun:
All I can say is........Pffftt.

BonusKun
BONUS QUIT HOGGIN IT AND PASS IT DOWN.....SAMHAIN

NGF

NEST Puppet
What the hell are you mooing about?
You know as much about us as we do about you.
Nothing.
You wanna talk up your "skills" fine.
You wanna do so by putting us down?
Think again. You really dont want to go there. I make my inserts for my own personal enjoyment. If some else likes or wants a copy. They are welcome to it. If they think its crap, thats fine too. If they want to buy yours, I really dont care.

What I do care about, is I will not be talked down to. Nor will my work. Next time you want to talk up your work, leave us out of it. Thats a double edged sword that you will not like.
-nick_th_fury >>
-------------------------------

Where in our original post does it mention you? Where does it put down your work?
We did not say anything bad about you, your work, etc.
All we said is even with some people making inserts, you guys still post the NeoGeoFreak versions for download. Which undermines all "your" work time and effort. Isn't that right?

We like and support your work. We always said some of your inserts look rather nice. It's just that collectors all have the NeoGeoFreak versions. Even you guys offer them? right? So obviously, you guys understand that the collectors versions are the NeoGeoFreak versions. Case closed.

Go back and reread our post.
We'll accept your "I'm sorry for tht reply" if you're man enough to actually say that.
If not, that's fine too. You can have our inserts anytime you want them. You already uploaded them, so just download them and print them for your own collection. At least you'll have a "scan" of an original NeoGeoFreak insert to add to your collection. We like the fact that you offer our inserts. "FREE PRESS"

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Problem is, the one insert of all of yours that I thought looked really nice, Strikers 1945 Plus, turns out to be not so hot after all. I printed it out, and noticed that the quality isn't close to that of the inserts offered by Keith, Trey, etc.

For instance, all four Strikers screenshots on the back cover of the insert look horrible. Washed out, not very clear, with poor detail. I'm assuming that you guys grabbed some cheap, small jpegs from the SNK Japan website, and enlarged them (thus degrading the already mediocre quality) to put them on your insert. They don't look good at all, certainly not even close to the Metal Slug insert designed by Jeff or the Neo Bomber Man, Pop N Bounce, Neo Mr. Do, etc. inserts designed by Keith and Trey.

The Strikers insert I have was printed from a very high quality scan of your original Strikers insert. Don't try to play the game about loss of quality on the scan, because it wouldn't degrade nearly this much.

Maybe Shawn can confirm my thoughts about this insert. How do the four screenshots look on the back cover? What I see in front of me (printed on a high quality Xerox color laser) are four shots with washed out colors, heavy pixellization, and loss of detail (vs. the real game). When I compare these four shots to the Metal Slug insert created by Jeff, its like night and day. Those four screenshots have nicely saturated colors, great detail, and no noticeable pixellization.

So if Strikers, one of your flagship inserts, looks this bad, then I have to really wonder about the rest of them . . .
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Where in our original post does it mention you? Where does it put down your work?
We did not say anything bad about you, your work, etc. All we said is even with some people making inserts, you guys still post the NeoGeoFreak versions for download. Which undermines all "your" work time and effort. Isn't that right?
We like and support your work. We always said some of your inserts look rather nice.
------------------------------------

All right then, I mistook your post & totally misread it. For my reply, I am sorry. I can be wrong, and when I am, no one deserves to be jumped on by me.

I do disagree with your assumption that posting those scans undermines anything. That is because I do this for my own enjoyment, and to help out anyone that wants/needs my help. As its a hobby for me. If others use my stuff, im glad I helped someone. Thats all. Being that it is my hobby, sometimes I can be passionate & jump the gun w/bad conclusion. As seems here. People can use these scans to help them get started making their own inserts, maybe make some original MVS marquees, or print them, or ignore them totally. That just adds to the stuff people have done. Since the homebrew inserts are free, that means it takes up a lot of "free time". Something thats often hard to come by. Eventually we will have many more "original" designs/art available. Until that time, those scans fill a nice void.

Otherwise what you said is true. There are quite a few people that really like the NGF inserts. Theres no denying that.
-nick_th_fury

The Black Knight

Cheng's Errand Boy
A few things.

Yet again, Dion is cornered by the fact that 99% of the words that come out of his mouth are a fairy tale.

If that's what you think, fine.
We know the wholesale price of the KoF 2000 carts because we ordered 200 ourselves. The wholesale price is still the same as it always was.

It is what I think. And NGF "knows" something, apparently. But how do we know it's the truth? We don't. We are supposed to trust Dion's word, on faith.

(10 second recess so readers can laugh/shake head at the absurdity of trusting Dion's word.)

NGF makes up stories because that's how they see things. It's obvious nowadays that Dion is living in some kind of disturbed fairy-tale reality where NGF, a worthless scam that isn't even registered as a business in Nevada, is some kind of Neo-Geo messiah. If NGF actually had any followers (which it doesn't), I'd worry about Dion leading them into his house to drink some "NGF Kool-aid".

I was also thinking the "thanks for the support" after every message might be part of a delusion, but looking it over, it's really just a ploy to irritate readers by pretending they recieved support they would never get. Childish.

Moving on...

a fine example of a greedy piggy mentality that has to be eliminated

Greedy piggy...good stuff, DSD. Made me smile. Thanks.
smile.gif

All right...check out this quote:

The KoF 2000 Japanese and English versions will finally be available this coming December 21, and might be shipped to people by Jan 1, 2001

Might be shipped?

Give us your money, and we might ship it to you on January 1st if your name is drawn out of the lucky official ultra rare NeoGeo World cowboy hat. If it's not, you are entered in a secondary drawing to get your officlal NGF AES KOF2000 original official cart on December 21 2001. If you fail that drawing, we keep your money and ignore you for as long as we want. Isn't it great that's the way real Big Tymers get their carts? NeoGeoFreak reserves the right to not hold any drawing and just keep your money. NeoGeoFreak will be offering official AES NGF original KIng of Fighters 2000 official carts at $1550. Don't you see Real NeoGeo AES fans are ready to spend that much???

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

smile.gif

Lastly, I've seen NGF inserts. Anyone with half a trained eye can look at one and see what a piece of home-grown crap it is. Everyone I've talked to with a insert hates it, and wants to get rid of it somehow. Some people have pulled the NGF ones and simply made their own or pulled the insert because the NGF ones are such pieces of garbage.

But that's all common knowledge, really. Except to NGF...they'll fervently deny it until their dying day.

- The Black Knight

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
HOLD ON TREY!!!

Of course you were right in taking offense to what Dion had said :

Look at the other group, it takes 4 other people to make one art. And to what avail? no one has or wants the "other free versions."

This was meant as a slap in the face to us from Dion for our work. It's easy to read his intent into this type of posting. There is no need to apologize to Dion for squat. He's playing word games.

In the above, he's saying it takes 4 to do the work of one, and that the work of the 4 does not stand up to his.

Jeff

Originally posted by nick_th_fury:
We did not say anything bad about you, your work, etc. All we said is even with some people making inserts, you guys still post the NeoGeoFreak versions for download. Which undermines all "your" work time and effort. Isn't that right?
We like and support your work. We always said some of your inserts look rather nice.

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Just remember 1 thing, people:

The NeoGeoFreak Printable scanned fake inserts are the COLLECTIBLE printable scanned fake inserts.

I saw the AES cart castle! It was KEWL LOL

NGF IS the Magnavox Odyssey2. No offense to Odyssey2 fans...

------------------
You'll remember me every time you see the moon.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by NGF:
What simple and short memory you people have. Our $1200 KoF2000 was a convert from the MVS, and we were selling them 4 months BEFORE the wide release.

Some people can and will pay more for their advanced versions. Those special "NeoGeoFreak" versions will always been seen as the rarer and more expensive collectors versions.

The KoF 2000 Japanese and English versions will finally be available this coming December 21, and might be shipped to people by Jan 1, 2001. And like we said, retailers are following our lead and selling games well past their $250 tag.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

*SHAKES HIS HEAD*
You obviously think that your influences have affected the actual legit gaming market. But if that was the case, even comapnies like NCS would be trying to sell KOF 2000 well over $400, just like EVERY OTHER company that is trying to sell the game. The fact that they're selling it for $332 does show that they did indeed get a new vendor, but that's where it ends. Your supposed "price guide" has affected some people, but it's mainly the "usual suspects" that always charge too much for games anyhow... so, your claim is moot. Case closed. We await your next fabrication...

But then again, trying to explain a fact like this is like trying to teach the US Government how to count Florida ballots without f***ing up. It's a pointless, debate that is as useful as talking to a brick wall. Think what you must... keep thinking that the 100 people (our of millions of Neo Geo fans worldwide) you rip off keep the system alive. At least then, there will be three people out there who think you're providing a good, quality service...

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
ALL THIS ABOUT INSERTS?

AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED, THERES SNK INSERTS AND HOME MADE INSERTS......

THERES SNKHELL STICKERS THOW
wink.gif

THANX TO THE WONDERFUL AND "HELPFUL" WORKS OF NICK_TH_FURY....YEAH HE DOESNT SHOVE THEM THE HELL DOWN YOUR THROAT AND SAY MINE ARE THE OFFICIAL ONES......HE SAYS
"HEY I GOT THESE TEMPLATES SHOULD YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN, OR YOU CAN TAKE ONE THAT I DESIGNED"

NO ONES TASTES ARE THE SAME.........AS INSERTS WERE NEVER PROPERLY CREATED BY "SNK" WHOS TO SAY ANYTHING IS OFFICIAL?

I DONT KNO ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT I REALLY LIKE NICK_TH_FURYS ATTITUDE......SOMEONE OUT TO HELP, RATHER THAN FUCK OVER THE COMMUNITY.....

IVE NO USE FOR HOME CART INSERTS BUT MAKING STICKERS IS FUN......SNKHELL STICKER........BUT DOES ANYONE BUT ME GOING TO USE THEM?

WILL MY STICKERS BE WORTH $200?

WILL ANTHING I MAKE BE SNK OFFICIAL?

WILL MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE EVER SEE THEM?

STANDARDING A FINISHED PRODUCT.......MAN SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST EGOTISTICAL FUCKERS......

THIS NEW RUN OF GAMES......I WONDER, DID SNK CORRECT THE "GENRE STRIPES"?

FKN CHOKE ON IT.......
AND DIE FROTHING BLOOD AT THE MOUTH......
DEVIL GUI