My browser is broke -- can anyone help?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
For some reason, I can't download the free inserts that NGF posted on their site. I think IE5.5 isn't picking up the links.

Anyone else having this problem?

Jeff

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Hey Jeff, funny thing I'm having the same problem! I'm using Netscape 4.7, and I can't seem to get any of the downloads to work either!! I see tiny thumbnails of some of the inserts, but they don't seem to allow the FULL INSERT to be downloaded at all!!

I'm sure NGF will see this post and fix the problem so we can d/l these great inserts. I especially want to grab the Strikers 1945 Plus insert, looks really nice . . .

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Actually, I think there is a message on the sight that says "coming soon". Also, Dion addressed this issue elsewhere that the files have not yet been uploaded for download I believe.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
"Coming soon" and "As soon as pigs fly"

They mean the same thing on their site.

Jeff

Shawn

snkusa.com
I think you are supposed to position your mouse over the insert you want to download, right click and left click “save picture as”. If you are waiting for the downloadable “PROMO” version, which will surely have discrepancies from what they sell, you will be waiting a very long time. This is NGF we are talking about. All they would need is one hour at the max to upload and make them available. For Dion to make this feature a reality would take some serious time and dedication from him, but I feel Chris’s competence level is adequate. Give them another month or so, they can be forgetful, selective amnesia.

NGF

NEST Puppet
All you guys have to do is buy the NeoGeoFreak Promotional Insert CD now for the low price of $20, which we are offering as a service to the NeoGeoFreak fans.
smile.gif

Since we listed that the NeoGeoFreak inserts will be available to download online, our hit counts have gone way crazy. So instead of us wasting our servers and bandwith and having to pay extra for more storage, we will post what the official NeoGeoFreak inserts look like and you can save it by "right clicking." Or the people who want to have the collectible "NeoGeoFreak Promotional Insert CD" can order it direct.
Only $20 for this AWESOME NeoGeoFreak collectors item.

At least now everyone can view, save, and print the NeoGeoFreak inserts whenever they need them.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited December 02, 2000).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
Originally posted by NGF:
Since we listed that the NeoGeoFreak inserts will be available to download online, our hit counts have gone way crazy. So instead of us wasting our servers and bandwith and having to pay extra for more storage…..

You can’t possibly be serious. Your site, www.neogeofreak.com consists of only 3 pages! How can bandwidth be an issue, it’s going to be near impossible to convince anyone of this.

This site, www.neo-geo.com is averaging 500+ megabytes in downloads per day. The fact that we offer over 600 web pages for browsing probably has a lot to do with the bandwidth issue. Now how can you claim that your three web pages are causing a storage and bandwidth concern?!?

NGF

NEST Puppet
Bandwidth would be a major issue if we had over 100 inserts in English and Japanese available for download. With that in mind, we decided it was better for everyone to have the ability to buy the

"NeoGeoFreak Promotional Insert CD"

for their Neo collection. We are offering this as a service. Didn't you offer scans of the NeoGeoFreak insert on a CD for $20? We thought it would be better to give the fans the original digital files for the same price. And at the same time, we provide yet another beautiful NeoGeoFreak collectors item.

Shawn, you told us that you value your NGF carts more than most of your Neo carts, and that you would never sell your NGF carts (unles you bought extras from us to sell to people who contact you privately). So, we know that you support and value NeoGeoFreak cartidges and even make nice sales on the side.

We wanted to remind you that you haven't updated your Strikers pic. You told everyone you got your game back and that everything was working fine, but it seems you conveniently forgot to update that picture. We just wanted to remind you to fix it.

thanks for all your support,

NeoGeoFreak

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Bandwidth would be a major issue if we had over 100 inserts in English and Japanese available for download. With that in mind, we decided it was better for everyone to have the ability to buy the

"NeoGeoFreak Promotional Insert CD"

for their Neo collection. We are offering this as a service. Didn't you offer scans of the NeoGeoFreak insert on a CD for $20? We thought it would be better to give the fans the original digital files for the same price. And at the same time, we provide yet another beautiful NeoGeoFreak collectors item.

Shawn, you told us that you value your NGF carts more than most of your Neo carts, and that you would never sell your NGF carts (unles you bought extras from us to sell to people who contact you privately). So, we know that you support and value NeoGeoFreak cartidges and even make nice sales on the side.

We wanted to remind you that you haven't updated your Strikers pic. You told everyone you got your game back and that everything was working fine, but it seems you conveniently forgot to update that picture. We just wanted to remind you to fix it.

thanks for all your support,

NeoGeoFreak

Translation, we are too cheap to put any inserts up because we have purchased very little bandwidth and that is also why we lowered the number of active pages on our site to 3!

Ummm.... Something really smells here.... Lets see, we have inserts, stickers, and manuals online for Download, and they are downloaded often, and no problem at all so far....

Although, if you can not handle it, we would be happy to host 5 inserts or so at a time and rotate them weekly.

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I knew he wouldn't do it. He's all talk.

For those that are interested, I will extened the following offer for the next couple of weeks:

All NGF inserts that have been posted to the net, plus all the existing NGH (NeoGeo Homebrew) inserts - on a CD for $5, which includes shipping.

I'll even start including this CD with all conversions/mods/whatever it is that I ship out, for FREE.

Jeff

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Bandwidth would be a major issue if we had over 100 inserts in English and Japanese available for download.

Ummmm... unless these documents you were uploading were at least a good 10-20 Megs a piece, then you should have no problems uploading anything to your server for downloads. Even still, witha decent cable modem or DSL, you'd still be able to do a feasable upload of a bunch of sizeable documents at about 10 megs every 2 minutes or so.

It's just another scheme to make some $$$. You can't sell your games at your prices, so you're going to try and make photocopies of your work available on a CD (which probably won't work on a computer) for $20. Nice scam, fellas...
tongue.gif

NGF

NEST Puppet
For those that are interested, I will extened the following offer for the next couple of weeks:

All NGF inserts that have been posted to the net, plus all the existing NGH (NeoGeo Homebrew) inserts - on a CD for $5, which includes shipping.

I'll even start including this CD with all conversions/mods/whatever it is that I ship out, for FREE.

Jeff >>
-----------------------

Nice to know that you gus took the NeoGeoFreak inserts and actually changed the back box. You guys must be so afraid and jealous of us. Why else would you remove, alter, and change our work?

Are you guys really that afraid of "NeoGeoFreak" that you would actually feel the need to remove our "NGF back box" with our URL? You guys sem really sad and desperate.

It just goes to show the fear you people have over our presence. Who ever was the person who first mentioned doing that is the person that really feels the pinch from "NeoGeoFreak." We are sure we know who that was.

With that said, we'll let you "4" sit there and think about it all. We laugh, while you guys wonder and try to catch up.

We have no problems with you 4 feeling the need to post our beautiful inserts, but at least put them up in their original, unaltered form, with our NeoGeoFreak back box. Sure, we may be using art from SNK, but NGF did the creating for the insert presentation. We list our back box so people will know who did the work and who made those inserts, and who to contact with questions. You people removing that box shows the deep seeded fear and jealousy you guys have.

If you guys are going to deny those feelings and say "We are not jealous or afraid of NeoGeoFreak," then put the NGF inserts online, in their ORIGINAL form. (if you guys dare and are brave enough). Nick (Trey) is always keen to mention his work and how proud he is of it, so we are sure he would agree that "our" work should not be altered.

But like we said, it's an ongoing thing with some of you. The "blind fury" to try and steal the "NGF thunder." What we first do, you guys "try" 4 years later.

We are the pioneers.

NeoGeoFreak
www.NeoGeoFreak.com

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited December 08, 2000).]

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Why do I waste my time?! Anyway, here we go....

Nice to know that you gus took the NeoGeoFreak inserts and actually changed the back box. You guys must be so afraid and jealous of us. Why else would you remove, alter, and change our work?

Are you guys really that afraid of "NeoGeoFreak" that you would actually feel the need to remove our "NGF back box" with our URL? You guys sem really sad and desperate.

It just goes to show the fear you people have over our presence. Who ever was the person who first mentioned doing that is the person that really feels the pinch from "NeoGeoFreak." We are sure we know who that was.

What are you babbling about? What is this 'NGF Back Box,' is it something you all scribble on the insert? I'm confused totally. Japanese inserts usually have a URL that goes to SNK of Japan, but US inserts do not have a URL on them. Please post a pic and explain instead of babbling...

With that said, we'll let you "4" sit there and think about it all. We laugh, while you guys wonder and try to catch up.

Who are these '4' that you '2' keep talking about? If there is some group of '4' you are refering too, maybe the '4' need an identity to share so they can hide behide it to post like you '2.' And what are the '4' suppose to wonder about and caught up on doing anyway? Speak English, not riddles...

We have no problems with you 4 feeling the need to post our beautiful inserts, but at least put them up in their original, unaltered form, with our NeoGeoFreak back box. Sure, we may be using art from SNK, but NGF did the creating for the insert presentation. We list our back box so people will know who did the work and who made those inserts, and who to contact with questions. You people removing that box shows the deep seeded fear and jealousy you guys have.

Why don't you totally explain what you are babbling about.

Also, I offered to host your inserts, 5 at a time, if you provided the files. Why would I waste mu time trying to change something? Send me 5 of your inserts, in zipped form, in both EPS and BMP format, and I'll just create a little page for them and let others download them. I don't see why you all can not do this, it is not incredibly complicated.

If you guys are going to deny those feelings and say "We are not jealous or afraid of NeoGeoFreak," then put the NGF inserts online, in their ORIGINAL form. (if you guys dare and are brave enough). Nick is always keen to mention his work and how proud he is of it, so we are sure he would agree that "our" work should not be altered.

See the above offer to post the inserts!
smile.gif

But like we said, it's an ongoing thing with some of you. The "blind fury" to try and steal the "NGF thunder." What we first do, you guys "try" 4 years later.

We are the pioneers.

NeoGeoFreak

Well, time to steal the stage here. You all started making inserts and stickers for resale at ridculous prices, so you started that trend. Nick_the_fury started the brainchild of making a template for others to create them on their own (he had some help in the beginning I believe).

And, to my credit, manuals (with actual content) are all mine BABY! And don't tell me all of the BS about the 'special' collectors having NGF manuals. 6 so far with more in the works. I did have some help from others, but I did a majority of the work! And not for profit, or glory, but to help the members of the Neo Geo community.

So, you all might have been pioneers in one aspect, but only in trying to make $$$ from the members of the Neo Geo community.

Like I said, send me the inserts in their original form (I can convert them to BMP in ILL) and I'll post them 5 at a time for others to download.

The ball is in your court now... LMK about the inserts!

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Originally posted by JMKurtz:
For some reason, I can't download the free inserts that NGF posted on their site. I think IE5.5 isn't picking up the links.

Anyone else having this problem?

Jeff

Why would you want a NGF insert?
anim-radiation.gif

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

NGF

NEST Puppet
Why would you want a NGF insert?

Illiicious
-----------------------------

Obviously it's because the NeoGeoFreak inserts are the only inserts that count.
That's why all serious collectors have NGF carts in their collection.

Need any other questions answered?

NeoGeoFreak

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
SERIOUSLY, dion DID ADMITTEDLY MAKE THE INSERTS (PROBABLY WITH ALOT OF HELP)

MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE BOTH AN ALTERED AND UNALTERED VERSION, CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE......

HOWEVER HE IS A THIEF AND I WOULDNT LOOSE ANY SLEEP SEEING HIM SHAFTED FOR A CHANGE.....

IN THE INTERESTS OF WHATS RIGHT ON AN INDIVIDUAL LEVEL, HE DOES HOLD THE INTELLECTUAL (STANGE IT SHOULD BE CALLED THAT) RIGHTS TO THE LAYOUT TEXT AND PICS USAGE (IE ARRANGEMENT)......

WHAT IM SAYING IS IT WOULD BE AT LEAST DECENT TO SAY "ngf MADE THIS INSERT" SO PEOPLE CAN PRINT EM AND SPIT ON dionS WORK IF NEED BE........
LIKE SHAWNS CART PRICE LIST BEING RIPPED......NO ONE LIKES IT,

AND WOULDNT YOU RATHER KNOW WHO MADE THE INSERT?
I KNO ID NEVER "SUPPORT" ngf OR THEIR WORK......IT IS ESSENTIALLY ACKNOWLEDGING THE WORK OF THIS MORON........

......JUST MY 30000 CENTS.....
BY THE WAY, I LOVE THE GANRYU INSERT! THE ART WORK IS VERY WELL DONE......
I THINK IM GONNA BE RIPPING A FEW PARTS FROM NICK TH FURYS INSERT TO MAKE MY NEXT STICKER
wink.gif

YAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAA =)
DEVIL GUI

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Thats why I offered to host their inserts in unaltered for, but they are just ignoring the issue now.....

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

NGF

NEST Puppet
Well, if Keith and Nick (Trey) didn't alter or remove the NeoGeoFreak back box from our inserts, then it only leaves Shawn and Jeff.

Which person will come forward and admit they fear and are jealous of NeoGeoFreak?
Why else would one of them feel the need to remove and alter our inserts?

Anyway, Keith, I would like to send you some inserts so you can host them online. Or better yet, maybe we will host them ourselves. Since we revamped our web site, we have a lot more room. Your help, if you want to give it, will be much appreciated.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak.

We now want to add that Trey now admits to altering the inserts created by NeoGeoFreak.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Umm.... Hate to tell you this, but I did nothing with any inserts of yours.... Need to look elsewhere for that.

Anyway, figure out the best way to get me some of the inserts, maybe the six you already have posted as thumbnails on your site, and I'll put them on my server. I'm expecting them to be around 15-40 megs each zipped, although it depends on how they were made. Size does not make a difference really... (This ain't no Godzilla movie!
smile.gif
)

Let me know!

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

NGF

NEST Puppet
Umm.... Hate to tell you this, but I did nothing with any inserts of yours.... Need to look elsewhere for that.

------------------
Keith
------------------------

If you RE-read what we wrote, it clearly states that if you (Keith) or Nick_(Trey)_Fury didn't alter the NeoGeoFreak inserts, then it must be either Shawn or Jeff. Now which one of them will come forward and admit to changing our inserts out of jealousy?
Why would anyone remove our URL and backbox? (can we say manipulations)

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

We now want to add that Trey admits to altering the NeoGeoFreak inserts.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, if Keith and Nick didn't alter or remove the NeoGeoFreak back box from our inserts, then it only leaves Shawn and Jeff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe this question even came up? Who's website is it?
Well, It's mine, so therefore every thing on it is my responsibility.

I did not put those scans up for myself or you.
I put them up for all the neofans. Lets face it, there are a lot of people that
like your inserts, but that doesnt mean they want your URL plastered on the side.
I did that for them. You'll notice that my inserts do not have my name
airbrushed into the art. There is no credit/url on any of the homebrew inserts either.
Thats because were not jealous. We enjoy helping the "small tyme" neo fans.
As far as that goes, it was very uncool that Dion wrote his name on SNK
art as would an artist. That was not cool, and you should'nt be surprised that it was taken off.

Your inserts were "stripped" by ngf. Look in any magazine,
Strippers never get credit on the "printed" piece.
Thats the way of the world. Time magazine doesn't, USA Today doesn't,
GQ magazine doesn't. You should'nt expect us to be any different.
Having worked in the printing industry for so long, I tend to think by it's rules.
That's just the way it is.

However, this isn't printing, this is neogeo "fan" stuff.
Perhaps it was the "standard practice" thing to do, but not the "right" thing.
I think Gui Long may have the "right" & "fair" compromise.
Would the members of NGF feel appeased if I were to place on the page
with the scans credit that they were designed/created by NGF?
-nick_th_fury

NGF

NEST Puppet
You'll notice that my inserts do not have my name airbrushed into the art. There is no credit/url on any of the homebrew inserts either. >>

We are not talking about YOUR inserts, we are talking about the inserts CREATED by "NeoGeoFreak." Why would you alter OUR work? We think we know why.

<< Strippers never get credit on the "printed" piece. Thats the way of the world. Time magazine doesn't, USA Today doesn't, GQ magazine doesn't. You should'nt expect us to be any different. Having worked in the printing industry for so long, I tend to think by it's rules. That's just the way it is. >>

All new magazines, such as GQ and Time now give credit to the photographer and artist used in the pictures. SNK has their web site on the inserts, and they did not create any of them. They were all done 3rd party, OUTSIDE SNK. So NeoGeoFreak does the same. That way there is no confusion as to the origins of the insert and if it's an oriignal "SNK" print or not. This saves people from asking or having doubts.

<< Perhaps it was the "standard practice" thing to do, but not the "right" thing. I think Gui Long may have the "right" & "fair" compromise. Would the members of NGF feel appeased if I were to place on the page
-nick_th_fury
---------------------------------

That would be nice and a friendly start. It would be nice if you said "These are scans of the NeoGeoFreak inserts" or something like that. But regardless, the NeoGeoFreak inserts should be put online in their ORIGINAL form, with the "NeoGeoFreak back box" in tact and with our URL.

We've always had much respect for your artwork, and we never talked down about them. Even to this day, we say we like most of them. Some better than others, and you should follow the genre coloring standards. Other than that, we enjoy and fully support your work. There is a place for your work and for the work from NeoGeoFreak. We serve 2 different purposes. Let's try and remember that.
smile.gif

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
>All new magazines, such as GQ and Time now give credit to the photographer and artist used in the pictures. SNK has their web site on the inserts, and they did not create any of them. They were all done 3rd party, OUTSIDE SNK. So NeoGeoFreak does the same. That way there is no confusion as to the origins of the insert and if it's an oriignal "SNK" print or not. This saves people from asking or having doubts.>>
---------------------------------------------------------

That is very true. The photographer's & artists always recieve credit. Having worked as a stripper, I wouldn't have minded being given credit.
Never did, probablly never will. Although Ive seen the owners of printing
companies get credit for my work. The way of the world I suppose.
As far as people thinking these are scans of original SNK's, I didnt think of that actually. Had I, I would not have taken off your url.

---------------------------------------------
<< Perhaps it was the "standard practice" thing to do, but not the "right" thing.
I think Gui Long may have the "right" & "fair" compromise. Would the members of NGF feel appeased if I were to place on the page
-nick_th_fury

>>That would be nice and a friendly start. It would be nice if you said
"These are scans of the NeoGeoFreak inserts" or something like that.
But regardless, the NeoGeoFreak inserts should be put online in their ORIGINAL form,
with the "NeoGeoFreak back box" in tact and with our URL.
We've always had much respect for your artwork, and we never talked down about them. Even to this day, we say we like most of them. Some better than others,
and you should follow the genre coloring standards. Other than that, we enjoy and fully support your work.
There is a place for your work and for the work from NeoGeoFreak. We serve 2 different purposes. Let's try and remember that.
thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak>>
--------------------------------------------

I will add credit on the scans page as to their design/creation/origin.
As for putting the original scans up, well I'm afraid thats all there is.
I saw no purpose in keeping old copies. I only have them as they are.
In 20meg and 80-150meg versions. However, If you wish to send me your
digital files; Id be happy to Host them for you, completly unaltered.
As for rescanning them, the only ones I myself own are the
MoneyPuzzleExchanger & Magician Lord.
-nick_th_fury

The Black Knight

Cheng's Errand Boy
*laughs*

I love how NGF tries to take "credit"/copyright things that don't belong to them. They take a little officlal SNK artwork, paste it poorly in a cheap image editor (Windows 3.1 Paint? The NGF Choice of Champions...), and suddenly SNK artwork belongs to them, and they must get CREDIT for it. NGF couldn't draw an SNK character, take a screenshot, or even decently imitate the fonts SNK uses on their inserts if their life depended on it. And even if they could make something more original than the poor cutting and pasting of copyrighted material, there would still be a whole mess of copyright infringement anyway. Sadly, it's going to take a little while to get the companies involved to care...but the future looks bright. Nobody likes their product reputation degraded by a couple of worthless hacks.

There's not much of a problem when you provide a conversion service for a few bucks, and make someone up a nice insert so their cart isn't naked, such as what I hear Mr. Kurtz does. But when you sit there and claim the fine SNK artwork and screens you make your inserts out of (or bastardize into insert form, in NGF's case) BELONGS to YOU, because you stamped "ruined by Dion" on it (physically or metaphorically)...that's low. I think that now that the SNK staff has a little more free time, being stripped apart by Aruze, someone should invite them to the US to personally beat the snot out of Dakis and Crew for ripping off art they worked so hard to create--not only without their permission, but in the spirit of using it to rip other people off.

And if that wasn't bad enough, like I've hinted at earlier, the NGF inserts are a disgrace of cheap inkjet ink and even cheaper paper.

- The Black Knight

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
THE DEVIL GIVETH, THE DEVIL TAKETH........

IM VERY SORRY, BUT WASNT dionS CLAIM THAT THOSE WERE SNKS "DIGITAL FILES" AND THAT THE INSERT "HAD" BEEN MADE BY SNK, BUT SCRAPPED ONLY TO END UP IN HIS HANDS.......

ACCORDING TO LAW, THEN, IF HE DID NOT START FROM SCRATCH, "HE" HIMSELF IS INFRINGING SNKS ARTWORK........THEREFORE HE CAN SAY NOTHING AND PUTUP WITH IT FROM A LEGAL STANDPOINT, BECAUSE HE IS MOST GUILTY OF ALL!

SORRY BOUT THAT, MY BRAIN HADNT KICKED IN PROPERLY YESTERDAY, AN INSERT MADE FROM SCRATCH IS ALRIGHT, AN ALTERED ONE IS NOT........

dion YOU HAVE NO RIGHT LEGALLY TO ADD YOUR URL IF YOUR CLAIM IS INFACT CORRECT.......THAT THESE WERE SNK OFFICIAL.......

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY, JUSTICE IS BLIND.......
DEVIL GUI