Neo 1x CD Rom Systems at NCS??

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I know people may have found out about this earlier... but if you haven't, here's the rundown:

--------------------------------------------
NCS is mulling an offer. New, unopened (you know the drill) Neo Geo CD consoles are on the table as SNK of Japan seeks to clear inventory. Apparently, everything must go as the business transition continues and seeks an end to commence with a new beginning. Through the past couple of months, and years it seems, stateside vendors have solicited purchase offers for small quantities of the Neo Geo CD unit but this quantity from SNK is fairly sizable and substantial. NCS is comfortable with purchasing hundreds of units of older consoles (re: Saturn and PC-Engine units when they are available) and this Neo-CD supply sits within the same range in terms of quantity. Pricing is proposed at US$159 per unit for the top loading, single speed model. Input, feedback, and comments are appreciated. We will formulate our plan of attack once we can gauge the overall demand (or lack thereof) for this Neo Geo CD unit.
--------------------------------------------

I know I would get one if I could get it alongside a mint copy of the Samurai Shodown RPG...

NCS are import gaming GODS. 'Nuff said.
biggrin.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I agree that the Neo CD offer is very nice.

However, why would you want to buy Samurai Shodown RPG? Being all in Japanese, wouldn't it be pretty much impossible to play? And not very much fun if you need to use a FAQ or walkthrough to do anything in the game . . .

Funny thing is, I found a brand new sealed copy of Samurai Shodown Bushidohretsuden (RPG) for . . . uh . . . $15 on eBay. I got it for the hell of it, just to have the artwork and screenshots . . . but I can honestly say that I'll NEVER play the game. I'm not a big RPG fan anyway . . .
biggrin.gif

It would be nice if the game were translated and released in English, but its pretty clear by now that it will never happen. Too bad, some of the characters and backgrounds look pretty cool!

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Buy one.. its a great price. SS RPG can be found just about anywhere brand new, and cheap too. It's pretty cool, except no one ever translated it, so like Chip says, its a pain in the butt to play.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Damn... and I would have thought that the Neo CD may have been blessed like the regular cart system... where the game would play in English or in Japanese depending on the system or by the option settings of the game!!
frown.gif

I hate playing RPGs where I can't follow along with the story... we do need a translation of this game. Better yet.... maybe a NGPC version.

S

Silent_Scope

SS RPG? It's a joke. Game play is slow, terrible loading time.....bla bla bla. Why waste your money on it and you can buy Final Fantasy IX instead unless you must own every single Neo Geo CD game........