These are the games that will not play on the current adapters:
MotW,
Metal Slug 3,
Prehistoric Isle 2,
Strikers 1945 PLUS,
Ganryu,
KoF99,
KoF 2000,

All new titles coming soon will not be playable on the current adapters.

Also, many old games do not work on the current adapters such as: Windjammers, Baseball 2, and many others.

And currently, there is no adapter that can play a protected game. Don't be foold by "picutres."
An "all working Neo MVS to AES adapter" has yet to be made.

thanks again,

NeoGeoFreak.

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited November 30, 2000).]

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Yes. Currently, there is no adapter on the market that can play all games. But someone with a good rep says they are making one, so why contradict that without any proof? I dont' see why this guy would sacrifice a flawless rep to sell what, maybe 20 adapters? I hope for the sake of the neo geo community it does work, because those 3 protected games that never made it to home cart officially (strikers, ganryu, and PI2) are all great games and should be available to the AES owner for a reasonable price. The only problem I see with this adapter is that if it does work, I doubt it will work on any MVS games that are released past kof2k (if there are any) and we would be forced to buy a new adapter for the newest games.

Matt

NGF

NEST Puppet
<< Yes. Currently, there is no adapter on the market that can play all games. But someone with a good rep says they are making one, so why contradict that without any proof? I dont' see why this guy would sacrifice a flawless rep to sell what, maybe 20 adapters?
Matt >>

Well Matt, this SAME person also said they were making NEW cart cases. What ever happened to those?

People talk about doing these things, and they have NO IDEA how expensive getting an injection mold will be. The mold alone will cost well over $15,000 to make. Then, each part there after will be about $2.00 - in lots of 1000. So, for someone to make some NEW cases, they will need to invest a minimum of $17,000 upfront and pay for delievery.

No one here will invest that kind of money upfront to make a few $20 sales here and there on these cases. Even if all the cases were sold at $20 each, that would only bring $20,000....which is a profit of $3,000 - but it would take REALLY long time to move 1,000 cases, since most cases available are fine and come with the cartridge.

We'll see if these new "all working Adapters" will be made in "lots" for quick sales. If any are ever made, they will be done by hand....one at a time.

The original adapters only cost $40 to make. NeoGeoFreak bought 20 of them them at $70 each and we were selling them for only $120. All sold out now, and we wouldn't get any more. We decided to wait and see if a new adapter will be made. Even then, we would only pay a max of $100 to buy them. Andso should everyone else.

thanks again,

NeoGeoFreak.

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited November 30, 2000).]

N

NGPSkinhead

Sorry but if only a few MVS-only releases will worker on an converter it is already worth a few hunderd dollars. But I know, it will crash you converting business so it's bad business for you. But by the why people want them, a arcade cabinet with neo isn't expensive at all.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
This !Arcade! guy said he MIGHT make cases after he gets the adapter on the market, which he hasn't done yet. SO there is your cart cases. And talking about costs of injection moldings for cart cases in no way disproves the possibility that this guy really is making an adapter for all games.

Matt

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Actually, there isn't really any reason to disbelieve what !Arcade! is saying at this point. I can remember people raging for months that an MVS to home convertor of ANY type was impossible. But lo and behold one came out. All we can do is wait.

Later,
Jeff

ibbo

n00b
NGF, understand within:

Current Neo-Geo encryption of the c?, s1, p1 + 2 and m1 roms as of kof99 can be by-passed. The group who are trying to dump KOF2000 are showing as such as they already have the m1 and s1 rom from a proper edition of MOTW. As such we could presume that the good fellas at !Arcade! are using similar processes revealed by the Project-0 group and using some kind of bios faking or bios re-routing to make the encrypted MVS board decrypt itself on-route to the convertor and therefore send a proper Un-Encrypted AES data flow to any lucky home system. There, happy?

NGF

NEST Puppet
The MotW that was dumped was from a BETA cart that had no protection. That is what I have found out. I'm sure an adapter will be made one day that will work with protected games, but why not just buy a MVS 1 slot for $150?

thanks again,

NeoGeoFreak

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited December 02, 2000).]

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Are you kidding man?? I TRADED my MVS 1 slot for an adapter!!! Adapters are SO much better! Why pay less? You aren't a BIG TYMER if you pay less!!! Hmmm? Manipulations? Hmmmmm?

------------------
You'll remember me every time you see the moon.

ibbo

n00b
Look NGF, the set of MOTW that is being circulated is the beta un-encrypted set which anyone with a bit of nouse around an eeprom reader could do, the Project-0 group however have dumped certain roms from a protected MVS board using their own custom-built hardware, look at their site if you want, you'll find it on most emulation sites.

[This message has been edited by ibbo (edited December 03, 2000).]