New Neo Geo CD Units

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Well, since everyone here seems to have decided to just argue 24/7, I have a bit of news to share with everyone.

NCS has been offered a large lot of new single speed units which they could offer for $159 BRAND NEW.
http://www.ncsx.com/ncs112700/ncs1127.htm

They want feedback, so if anyone is interested, give them a hollar.

And can we all try to stop some of the arguing? Most of these posts seem like they would more than likely just be war room posts, not news - but anyway, I'm not pickin on anyone, but just look for yourselves at what our "news" section looks like.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Kill, kill, kill, crush the enemy, destroy the evil empire, wipe out the vermin, get rid of the scum . . . . uh, oh I forgot this is the news section. hehe.

So, yes that is quite a shocking news item on the NCS website. I NEVER thought I'd see brand new Neo CD units come around again, but these units MUST be Japanese ones, since SNK-USA moved what was supposed to be the last of the U.S. Neo CD consoles (in three different offers) before they shut down.

So as I said I think these are Jap Neo CD units . . . which can be good and bad. Good, censorship off by default, bad, language Japanese by default. Personally, I already have one used Jap unit and one new U.S. unit (backup), so I don't really need any more. But the price is really quite nice . . .
biggrin.gif

Mike

Bead Banger
Hey Chimpmeister, did you need step down converter for the Jap Neo cd system?

If so, what voltage?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Funny thing is I never used a stepdown converter for it. It works just fine. I think its got a slightly different rated voltage (Japan 100V vs. U.S. 120V?).

But one thing I do with all my Neo systems, I NEVER leave the AC adapter plugged in when they're not in use. Just to be on the safe side, and knowing that AC adapters for Neo systems don't exactly grow on trees . . .
biggrin.gif