PDA

View Full Version : Shwan McCleskey, a liar AND thief??????



chrisr
11-28-2000, 10:55 AM
First off. THIS IS NOT ABOUT NGF BUSINESS. This is a Chris and Shawn matter.

I got a good laugh out of the topic change, I knew it was coming, but its nice to see others agree that it shouldnt be done(unless it is available for all to do). It just illustrates my contention all along that Shawn will gladly smile to your face then scam you out of house and home without you ever knowing it. He is a master manipulator of the people that fail to look deep and just "flock to the masses".

Anyway, generally I let Shawn get away with his half story antics, as its one of his favorite techniques, but I thought I would make his day by giving everyone the rest of the story.

The reason the price increased from 400to 1000 was Shawn wanted the goods AFTER I had told the guy I wanted them and offered more.... Hey, fine, instead of both of us paying more for the goods I emailed shawn telling him all I wanted was the collectables(he wanted the pins). I offered $125 for the collectables(about 15 items), and he would pay 275 and get the 1500 neo pins. He told me I was "out of his league" and continued to bid the items up. I said fine and bid along with him to something like 1400 or so. He then emails me and says he agrees with the split deal and will offer the guy something like 600. I told him fine, contact the guy and get the stuff. Evidently the guy wants to sell for 1000 minimum now since our "bidding war" so Shawn pays. Shawn agree's now to a payment of $200 for the collectables(we are both bearing the burden of the increased price). He says the goods are in, I paypal the money, and here we are.

Am I "paranoid" about $200? No. Do I want Shawn to keep his word about the goods(something im not selling, just keeping for myself), of course. I would have just bit the bullet and paid the guy the money for everything but I really didnt even want all the pins, and since Shawn made the offer, I said ok.

I emailed shawn in private MANY times about this matter with no response. If he had bothered to answer my emails his "secret" would have been safe with me. If he had a valid reason for not sending the goods(ie. he had to actually put some manual labor into them) I would understand, but all he has to do is go to the PO(something he says he does often).

So whats the worst thing that can happen? Shawn keeps my money, gives me nothing, and im "out" $200? He changes yet another topic title, and attempts to spin the story to himself? Well, it wouldnt be the end of the world for either, thats for sure. It would just continue to illustrate my point that people have selective cognizance when it comes to whats really going on, and its only a matter of time before the "epiphany".

ChrisR

VinylBoy
11-28-2000, 12:24 PM
You're complaining after two weeks????
Two weeks????

Kid... you get no sympathy from anyone around here. After doing such a shoddy deal with him in the first place, you dare go back to the Lion's Den? SUCH an idiot... you get what you deserve.

To be honest, if Shawn was to drag his feet on the deal between your two it would be "poetic justice", even though ethically it's the wrong thing to do.

This whole scenario reminds me of some New Radicals track... "You Get What You Give" or something like that. I REALLY have no idea why... http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

theif shawn
11-28-2000, 12:28 PM
I can see how it is now. Everyone kisses shawn's ass because they are afraid of losing member rights or something. I sent Shawn some games for trade and he made me wait over 6 weeks giving me excuses that he is moving all the time. He kept telling me that he sometimes waits weeks to months for his items to arrive and that I should be HAPPY that I have him to deal with. Why does hoe long he wait have anything on me? Afterwords, I find his prices were 3 times more than normal and the games I got were in pretty bad condition. I am offering them on Ebay right now. I will never deal with that crook again. I am starting to see through all this mess now and my mind is changing. I know there is some internal problems between neo-geo and ngf, but maybe there is truth to what is being said by ngf. This will probably be deleted.

Mouse_Master
11-28-2000, 01:12 PM
Tell us more of this deal with Shawn, get it off your chest in the open. Details!

Include, the games, price of each, total, when you sent money and when you received product. Also, links to the games on sale at Ebay would be helpful, with the pictures. If you want to expose Shawn as you say, show people the proof, and let people decide for themselves! Don't pull an Algore! http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

Keith

http://grador.radix.net/%7Ekws/trey/mmlink.gif (http://nickthfury.cjb.net/)


[This message has been edited by Mouse_Master (edited November 28, 2000).]

Robi15
11-28-2000, 02:01 PM
Chris how does it feel to me on the other side of a deal? A deal that does not go as you thought?


.....sos......

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
11-28-2000, 02:37 PM
I DONT BELIEVE IN THIEVERY EITHER WAY!! FROM ANYONE! WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND!! IF I EVER GOT JACKED THERE WOULD BE NO PITY FOR THE CHUMP THAT DID IT..

Shawn
11-28-2000, 02:43 PM
Interesting subject title, so who is Shwan?

Your version of this bidding war is twisted with lies, which is expected from NGF. Itís funny how Chris tries in vain to convince people that this deal has no relation to NGF. He realizes that he loses all credibility if he has any affiliation with NGF, which is in all actuality himself and Dion.

The seller agreed to sell to me at $460, then you jumped in offering counter after counter. Your final offer was $1600. I told the seller, Brian, to let you have the goods. You backed out of the deal by not answering Brianís emails, so he sold to me in return, but wouldnít sell for any less than $1000 at this point. Brian actually called me on the phone to solidify the deal. He told me he would sell me the merchandise under one condition, ďThat I never sell any of the merchandise to Chris Ray.Ē It appears that you are universally hated by all, and rightfully so.

As far as answering your emails, I responded to every single email you sent me. What a freakin lie, emailed me MANY times without a responseÖ However, I did give you the runaround, just like you did to me. Remember during the 15th week of the 4 month cart delay? I called your house and demanded that you send me my games. You said you really didnít have an excuse for not shipping my games, probably because you ran out of excuses. You also said that when my games are in your collection, itís the same thing as them being in my collection. Well the same theory applies to our current situation. Your collectibles are in my collection, so thatís the same as them being in yours. Agreed?

Shawn
11-28-2000, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by theif shawn:
I sent Shawn some games for trade and he made me wait over 6 weeks giving me excuses that he is moving all the time. This will probably be deleted.

I can honestly say I have never made anyone wait 6 weeks for their games. Not sure why Iím replying to this imaginary deal and customer, made up by NGF. As far as members losing their posting rights, only two members have experienced suspension on these forums: Jason, and NGF.

VinylBoy
11-28-2000, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by theif shawn:
I can see how it is now. Everyone kisses shawn's ass because they are afraid of losing member rights or something. I sent Shawn some games for trade and he made me wait over 6 weeks giving me excuses that he is moving all the time. He kept telling me that he sometimes waits weeks to months for his items to arrive and that I should be HAPPY that I have him to deal with. Why does hoe long he wait have anything on me? Afterwords, I find his prices were 3 times more than normal and the games I got were in pretty bad condition. I am offering them on Ebay right now. I will never deal with that crook again. I am starting to see through all this mess now and my mind is changing. I know there is some internal problems between neo-geo and ngf, but maybe there is truth to what is being said by ngf. This will probably be deleted.

Nah... we can't delete a funny post like this! http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Shawn's reputation as an administrator on this forum, and as a member of the DHP list is much more respectable than anyone of the NGF camp. I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but I have heard of it through DHP for a long time, and I have not heard of any instance where someone was kicked off the forum because of a disagreement with Shawn. Maybe because they assume a million ailiases (all beginning with NGF) and do nothing but flame post... but NEVER because of a difference of opinion.

It's funny to see people complain about waiting a couple of weeks for their games. Anytime you order something on TV or on the internet (unless you purchase it with Priority or Express shipping) always takes a few weeks to get to them. You are complaining about 6 weeks, whereas Shawn had to wait up to 4 months for his stuff, and at the same time had to deal with putdowns by the person he was dealing with. Now, YOU tell me which scenario is worse???

chrisr
11-28-2000, 04:15 PM
A couple emails I dug up. hmmmm..... manipulations?

Chris,
Did you mail out payment of $1600 for the neo collectible lot?

If you haven't I suppose you can have the collectibles for $100, and I will buy what's left (pins) for $400.

I figure that you would rather spend $100 instead of $1600.
Let me know,
Shawn

Hey Brian,
Did you receive an email from Chris? I'm going to buy the merchandise and
send you payment in the morning (money order). Then I'm going to sell Chris
everything but the pins for only $100. Is this cool with you?
We got into a silly bidding war, sorry about all the confusion.

I will send you out $500 (extra $40 from our original deal, just to be nice)
in the morning, unless Chris or you say other wise.

Sincerely,
Shawn www.neo-geo.com (http://www.neo-geo.com)

2 emails showing the progression of events.

claims of lies? accusations of falso posts?

No replies to my post about opening up the IP's? What is the big secret? I guess people can figure it our for themselves.

ChrisR

chrisr
11-28-2000, 04:17 PM
BTW, I would have gladly corrected my typo of your first name if I could edit my topic line..... I guess thats something else just for the moderators.

ChrisR

Shawn
11-28-2000, 05:08 PM
And what do those emails prove Chris? That you jacked up the price and bailed on the guy?

sent from Brian: Fri 10/20/00 5:38 PM
---------------------------------------
Wait.. let me get this straight, you want me to go from $1600 to $500? I'm sorry but that's not going to happen, basically both of you just screwed me big time. I had a feeling this was going to happen, I just assume keep the merchandise and sell it myself. You have some nerve coming to me with some mean lowball offer of $540, if you want to stuff minimum I'll accept from you in what your lowest offer was which is $1400.00 you know and I both know that you will have no problem making that back. If not like I said.. I'll keep the stuff, no wonder chris didn't want to give me his shipping address or phone #!.

Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: <shawn@neo-geo.com>
To: "HaloEighty-8" <haloeighty-8@mediaone.net>; <cray@neogeofreak.com>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 8:09 PM
Subject: change of plans


Hey Brian,
Did you receive an email from Chris? I'm going to buy the merchandise and send you payment in the morning (money order). Then I'm going to sell
Chris
everything but the pins for only $100. Is this cool with you?
We got into a silly bidding war, sorry about all the confusion.

> I will send you out $500 (extra $40 from our original deal, just to be nice)
> in the morning, unless Chris or you say other wise.
>
> Sincerely,
> Shawn
> www.neo-geo.com (http://www.neo-geo.com)
>
>

chrisr
11-28-2000, 08:15 PM
Well this should be easy. Lets quote from above to demonstrate typical shawn manipulations....

WHAT SHAWN SAYS ABOVE:
<The seller agreed to sell to me at $460, then you jumped in offering counter after counter. Your final offer was $1600. I told the seller, Brian, to let you have the goods. You backed out of the deal by not answering Brianís emails, so he sold to me in return, but wouldnít sell for any less than $1000 at this point. Brian actually called me on the phone to solidify the deal. He told me he would sell me the merchandise under one condition, ďThat I never sell any of the merchandise to Chris Ray.Ē It appears that you are universally hated by all, and rightfully so.>

What I posted after, copies of the emails from shawn:

<Hey Brian,
Did you receive an email from Chris? I'm going to buy the merchandise and
send you payment in the morning (money order). Then I'm going to sell Chris
everything but the pins for only $100. Is this cool with you?
We got into a silly bidding war, sorry about all the confusion.

I will send you out $500 (extra $40 from our original deal, just to be nice)
in the morning, unless Chris or you say other wise.

Sincerely,
Shawn www.neo-geo.com (http://www.neo-geo.com)
>

Now doesnt this show that I didnt "back out" of the deal. Hell, we I had just talked with the guy less than 24h before. shawn and I agreed to work it this way, and shawn sent the above mail.

It also states we had a deal for 100 for the collectables, of which I doubled because his expense doubles.

So shawn tries to make it out like I jacked the guy around, when if anything "we" did. Tries to make himself coming out like a poor dumb party in the entire thing, when you can see HE manipulated the ENTIRE situation by offering me the deal when he knew I won the items. Now am I completely clean in this situation? No, but neither is the manipulator.

No we see also the reports coming in about satisfied NGF customers in a different thread..... The COMPLETE IGNORE of my question about OPENING up the IP logging(because posts can be made, impersonating NGF, by who knows who, and nobody can check the headers of IP themselves) We are left to trust shawn and crew do do that "for you".

THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL PEOPLE.

I never started this, its not my job to awaken people to these kinds of things, but since shawn didnt want to answer my emails, what could i do?

ChrisR

benares
11-28-2000, 08:24 PM
Hey Chris/NGF:


F-U-C-K Y-O-U


Shawn is the most honorable, decent, and quickest shipping Neo-Geo dealer I have run into on here. This isn't brown nosing - THIS IS FACT.

I've purchased several hundred dollars worth of items from Shawn and he was always quick to ship and always sent me what I ordered.

For every satisfied NGF customer their are probably hundreds of satisfied Neo-Geo.com customers.

Remember that BIATCH

chimpmeister
11-28-2000, 08:27 PM
Sorry Chris, but one of your points is pretty poor. There's no need to open up the IP addresses to the public, there are four moderators that take care of watching the IPs and it should NOT be made PUBLIC.

Besides, the War Room is so FREAKING FUNNY with all those unregistered IDs posting there, it adds quite a bit of spice and variety to the forums . . . http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Shawn
11-28-2000, 08:36 PM
Look Chris. You offered Brian $1600, and I didnít offer higher. You were stuck with the bill and you bailed. You quit answering his emails. I tried to salvage your screw up by attempting to purchase for a price closer to the original deal I made with Bryan before you stepped in. Unfortunately, I had to pay double what I was originally to compensate Brian for the price war he experienced. This is from Brian after he realized you were full of shit:
------------------------------------------
Shawn, Go ahead and leave me your # and I'll give you a call in a bit or we can set a time for tomorrow. I need to step out for a while but I'll be back in a hour or so, remember my time is PST. I do appreciate your $700 offer, but I really want and feel the lapels alone are easily worth $1000.00, let alone all the additional stuff I'm including. Quite frankly I would appreciate if we did make some kind of deal and you didn't sell anything to Chris Ray honestly!. After the stunt he's pulled with me I honestly don't think he deserves anything regardless of how much $$ he is willing to pay for it. Anyways, like I said.. you seem like a reasonable person and I'm sure you can understand why I want $1000.00 for everything it is completey worth it.

Brian
-----------------------------------------

chrisr
11-28-2000, 09:04 PM
You get more and more desperate as the thread goes on. Read above where i told you I had JUST EMAILED with this guy less than 24h before this supposed email you posted hit. The manipulation is so bad its not even funny. You dont have control over me, and you dont have time to manipulate in the background, so your arguements are getting weaker and and your lies are getting more and more apparent.....

how about you send the goods and I will let you manipulate in peace. Or, if you want, just admit you are going to keep the money and not send me anything. Either way just be a man.

BTW, Im glad I have "the moderators" to "watch ip's" for everyone. I really feel safe now. Thanks jimp.

ChrisR

Shawn
11-28-2000, 09:43 PM
So what if you said you emailed him 24 hours before. Brian says different, I say different. Why would we both lie about this? Manipulating? You kidding me? Iím posting emails word for word, and stating facts. So far you posted an email that I made which was merely an offer that was rejected by the seller. What the heck is that supposed to prove?

Just be a man you say. Itís only been two weeks and you are already throwing a tantrum. Howís that sting feel, having a taste of your own medicine? Should I give you a refund, make you wait longer, or just send you the collectibles? Keep in mind, Iím still waiting on the gold system box, two joysticks, neo signs & R/F adapter. I think this should be up to the members of the forum, donít you agree?