Neo Geo Home Scene Redefined?

Now that an adaptor will be out soon which lets games play Neo Geo MVS Games on a home system (all games, according to !ARCADE!, even the newer ones like Strikers and Ganryu) it means that gamers with home systems no more have to pay $$$$ to get a converted (or bootlegged) home versions. I was wondering if this will bring a gaming revolution in the NG scene...

What if plastic cases for MVS cartridges become available? Then we can do our own cover art - it will rock - we will get CHEAPER games which are NOT bootlegs...

I hope this all comes true...

Nostromo

Mike

Bead Banger
I really hope that we get some MVS cases too.

I would buy 75 of them today if they were here.

JRock917

, ,
I think Dream said he knew of some manufacturer that would make cases,if he received a very large order for them. Might want to ask him, I am not sure if this is true or not.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well I'd put more faith in !Arcade! producing MVS cases than Dream, seems like he has the capabilities to do it. IF he had enough demand (preorders?) for MVS cases, IF the design was nice (allowing sleeves for the MVS move sheets and/or mini marquee), and IF the MVS to home converter takes off, then cases are VERY much within reach.

I'd leave it to !Arcade! to disuss whether he would consider making these cases. He's already talked about making home cart cases, so it isn't a big stretch . . . just a few design adjustments.

JRock917

, ,
I will tell ya Chimp, it really dont matter to me, I would just love to see it actually come to light. But hell, if arcade can deliver on that converter then maybe he can do the same with the cases.

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"I'd leave it to !Arcade! to disuss whether he would consider making these cases. He's already talked about making home cart cases, so it isn't a big stretch . . . just a few design adjustments."

Regarding the above. Cases are certainly
a project we are considering for the future.
One must realize though that the initial start-up costs involved in the production are rather high.

There are two ways in in which cases are produced, injection moulding or vacuum forming. Injection moulding is the way to go concerning the "New Style" case. With this method the current available SNK cases can be duplicated exactly. But the catch being, each case would have to be sold for around $24.95, with 1,000 units having to be sold just to re-coup the start-up costs.

Vacuum Forming would be the way to go regarding the "Old Style" cases, but the integrity of the case is lost using this method. While the outside shell is one piece
the inside components have to be glued in place, which would over time break away from the constant opening & closing.

We feel that once our convertor is released
that the demand for the cases will of course increase thereby making the case project certainly worthwile re-visiting.

Best Regards
!Arcade!

I think many people are more intested in MVS Cart cases rather than Home Cart cases for the simple reason that Home Cart cases can be bought elsewhere, but MVS cart cases will be a first!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I agree, MVS cases would be really cool. Especially if they included slots for the move sheets and mini marquees. The demand for MVS cases would probably be much higher than for home cases, since MVS carts are fairly plentiful and cheap. Plus demand for MVS carts would SKYROCKET if the MVS to home converter from !Arcade! really works well!

Also, the homebrew designer "crew" could probably do some really nice sheets to put in the MVS cases, since many people don't have the original sheets/marquees that come with the MVS carts. Their is a HUGE potential market for all this stuff, and I just hope it all pans out!!!

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah, the cases for MVS. For the cases, I use the Post Office priority box that I touch it up so it will fit. It's fairly bad, but it's better than nothing.

Arcade, are your MVS coverters out yet, since it's past the 27th
smile.gif

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"Arcade, are your MVS coverters out yet, since it's past the 27th"

Regarding the above. As stated in another thread, our MVS Convertor is finished. We are currently in the final stages of production regarding the packaging for this
product. We are trying to have this completed as soon as possible, but it must scheduled so it does not compete with our
daily regular production.

With regards to the "New Style" cases, adding a plastic sleeve for an insert presents little or no problem once the initial case is complete. Different process,
but quite simple really.

Best Regards
!Arcade!

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Actually, selling cases for around $24.95 wouldn't be too bad. Most of the time people sell cases for around fifty bucks apiece so you guys selling them for $25 would be great.

Jeff

zz99

!ARCADE!

I will be very interested when you release your convertors

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
My $0.03 (Yeah, a penny extra!)

I would got for making MVS boxes that are almost identical to their Home Cart Counter parts.

I would also design them to, by default, be designed to accept an insert. With all of the homebrew inserts out there already, and the impending release of the NGF inserts, it will be really easy for someone to get ahold of inserts for whatever game it is they have.

On the inside, I would put a pocket to store the Marquee, and maybe the arcade inserts (I do not know a good place to store this stuff) dip sheet, and maybe even a manual!
smile.gif

I would DEFINITELY not copy the old style boxes for reproduction. If I did anything with the old style, I would redesign them so they were sturdier. Just my thoughts though...

Keith

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Plus demand for MVS carts would SKYROCKET if the MVS to home converter from !Arcade! really works well!

And with that, I think we could all begin to have difficulties in finding MVS carts, or at least at the price levels some of us have become accustomed to, the same way we now do with home cartridges, only to a lesser extent.

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
LUCKY IS ARCADE.....
I WENT TO GET THEM DONE SOME 6 MONTHS AGO.........THE SMALLEST PRICE AVAILABLE WAS AROUND $25000 FOR LIKE A HUNDRED BOXES.........ID DOUBTED ITD RAISE MUCH FOR 1000 OR EVEN 10000 BOXES, BUT THE PROBLEM IS THE DEMAND.........

HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL HONESTLY PAY $35+US FOR A PLASTIC BOX........A HUNDRED TIMES OVER?
THE NOVELTY WILL WEAR OFF UNLESS YOUVE GOT ALL THE MVS CARTS AND NOTHING TO SPEND YOUR CASH ON.......

IF MORE WERE MADE FOR LESS DEMAND MAY GO UP........I KNO I SOUND GLOOMY, JUST BEING REALISTIC.......
ARCADE WOULD NEED A MASSIVE USER BASE AND GUARANTEED SALES TO LOWER COSTS.......
DEVIL GUI

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"IF MORE WERE MADE FOR LESS DEMAND MAY GO UP........I KNO I SOUND GLOOMY, JUST BEING REALISTIC.......
ARCADE WOULD NEED A MASSIVE USER BASE AND GUARANTEED SALES TO LOWER COSTS......."

Regarding the above.
Well said - Our point exactly!

Best Regards
!Arcade!

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
AND NOT TO BEAT THE DEAD CORPSE SOME MORE, AS WE HAVE SEEN, PEOPLE HAVE CONFLICTING IDEAS.........
GETTING A BOX DONE COSTS ALOT, AND THERES NO ROOM FOR MISTAKES.......IF THE DESIGN IS UNLIKED?
OR IF PEOPLE WANT A REDISGN ETC
IT COULD ADD UP TO OVER $40 A BOX........TO AMERICAN CITIZEN IT MAY NOT BE TOO BAD.........BUT NOT ALL THE SNKFANS LIVE THERE OR IN THE SURROUNDING TERRITORYS........
A $40 BOX+ SHIPPING +INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER COSTS OVER THE WEAK AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR MAKES THE BOX A RIDICULOUS $110+

OUR WAGES HERE COMPARED WITH AMERICAN WAGE AVERAGES ARE ABOUT THE SAME ($300) BUT THEN CONVERT IT AND ITS LIKE ($150USD)
NO ONES GOING TO PAY THAT FOR A BOX........AND THEY WILL STAY AT HIGH COSTS IF NO ONE BUYS THEM =(

ITS ALL A BIG RISK, JUST DONT GO GETTING TOO EXCITED BEFORE THE EGGS EVEN LAID.......
DEVIL GUI

Hmmm

I doubt a plastic case is worth USD25 or more
frown.gif
I mean MVS carts may look ugly as f*** but there`s a limit to how much one is to pay for it.

-Nostromo-