KoF 99 is back!

S

Silent_Scope

Actually both KOF 99 Dream match and KOF 99 Evolution on DC aren't that good. I have both of them for my lovely Japanese DC for a long time and somehow it's not what I expected (but better than Capcom vs SNK).
If SNK tries to port Metal Slug X, 3, shocking troopers 1 & 2 on DC or PS2 and that will be great....let us pray for SNK to do that .....Amen....

danny

n00b
Silent_Scope what in particular did you not like about the Dreamcast version of KOF 99 or KOF 99 Evolution? I am a Dreamcast owner and a huge fan of SNK fighters. Also what are the differences between KOF 99 and KOF 99 evolution? Lastly I plea to SNK to port Samuri Showdown on my Dreamcast....PLEASE!

S

Silent_Scope

Well, first of all both versions dont' use DC's full potential in both graphics and animations. Characters should be a little bit larger and graphics can be better (look at Soul Caliber, C'mon, SNK. I know you can do better than that...).
NG Cart version is the best overall.....

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by danny:
Silent_Scope what in particular did you not like about the Dreamcast version of KOF 99 or KOF 99 Evolution? I am a Dreamcast owner and a huge fan of SNK fighters. Also what are the differences between KOF 99 and KOF 99 evolution? Lastly I plea to SNK to port Samuri Showdown on my Dreamcast....PLEASE!

Kof Dream Match 1999 is a port of KOF 98, But with 3-d backrounds.

IMO DM 99 on the DC is better than the arcade version of 98'

99' Evolution is a port of the KOF 99 on the arcade, Again with added 3-d backrounds, And DC only strikers, Like Seth and Vanessa from KOF 2000.

I own both games and play Dream match 1999 (KOF 98) way more, They took alot of good characters out of Evolution 99, Like the whole orochi team, Team USA, Saishu ect.

DM 99 is way better than the aracde version of 98 IMO, But I'd say the DC version of 99 evolution WOULD be better than the arcade version but they messed up alot of the animation by cutting it ect.

Why I don't know, If the DC can do a better than arcade perfect ports of such games as SF 3 3rd strike, MvC 2 ect. it sure as can hell do KOF 99 on the 16 bit MVS.

It's just SNK being lazy on their ports to other consoles like they do so much.

If your a BIG kof fan like me I'd get both games, But if you only had to get one get KOF DM 99', Theres a really long anime intro and IMO KOF 98 is a much better game than 99' is.

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited November 26, 2000).]

C

Caris Nautilus

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited November 26, 2000).]

JRock917

, ,
I love the fact agetec actually has the testicular fortitude to bring KOF 99 to the us dreamcast market, and I for one plan to pick the game up.