KOF 2001

H

Haomaru

I've heard that KOF 2001 is under production and SNK will not involve. Is it true?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, we would answer you but you misspelled "Haohmaru", which is really unacceptable.

Plus, we already have a real "Haohmaru" on the board, so your ID is confusing.

Try another ID.

tool.gif

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
You really can't say which spelling is correct because there's never the "right" spelling to any word or name translated from another language that doesn't use our alphabet.
smile.gif

As for KOF 01, that would be cool but unlikely it seems. Maybe it's for a completely different system or cabinet?

Jame

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I think I read it recently from Magic box/Kazuya's maybe. I think the rumor said that Capcom bought a KOF licence from the SNK/Aruze, and the the former SNK workers are going to make it w/ better technology at their disposal. The news is fairly similar to that of the several old month rumor that sprang in alot of websites--except it's more concrete.

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Yup Takeo on the 1 list read (in Japanese) about this somewhere, and magicbox announced it also.

The rumour is that the lead KOF designer along with other artist could be re-forming under 'Brezasoft'.

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by gargoyle7:
Yup Takeo on the 1 list read (in Japanese) about this somewhere, and magicbox announced it also.

The rumour is that the lead KOF designer along with other artist could be re-forming under 'Brezasoft'.

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

He's right a bunch of ex-snker's have formed brezzasoft and bought the KOF rights, And are currently working on the next game.

N

NGPSkinhead

But I don't believe the rumors about Capcom. It sounds too strange to me. Snk vs Capcom ok, but KoF under Capcom, I think it will be a failure (in the west at least).

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by HAOHMARU:
WTF? I thought I started this topic for a second...

Tell that guy to pick an origional name, lol. Mabye I'll make Haohamaru and start posting...

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Yeah, I did too for a second. Then I saw the bad spelling job on "Haohmaru" and knew better. I think whoever it is can find a better name than that . . . you've already taken the real one, after all.

Haomaru is recycled ==>
gore.gif

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I think a KoF 2001 under a different company would lose it's authenticity. Don't you agree? But KoF is a cool series, and shouldn't be discontinued. I'm still waiting for a KoF R3 for the pocket!

p.s. leave the poor guy alone
wink.gif