Neo News Magazine contest

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
All right, we already know that Jeff Kurtz will be offering his services in the next issue of
Neo-News magazine. Well, we've decided to devise a contest (premise is still sketchy)
where you can win some free Neo-Geo paraphernalia. We're talking a copy of KOF'94
for Neo-CD, flyers, and other goodies.

We'll keep everyone posted as things develop! BTW, the remaining premier issues (which
are few and far between now)will be shipped to our remaining subscribers next Friday
(11/24/00), including the remaining staff members who are still waiting for their copies.

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
I hope I'm on that list for the premiere issue as I'm still waiting...

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by yuckydog:
I hope I'm on that list for the premiere issue as I'm still waiting...

You're on the list, Yucky. =)Your issue will be shipped as promised. =)

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Hey, if you need more prizes, I will donate a Debug BIOS Kit as a prize.

Jeff

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Whoa, what happened to my free issue? Haven't seen anything yet . . .
frown.gif

Cros

n00b
Did you recieve my payment yet, the name would be Chris Yungbluth.

Just wondering.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Cros:
Did you recieve my payment yet, the name would be Chris Yungbluth.

Just wondering.

Chris Youngbluth of Omaha, NE; we have you on file for receiveing your premier issue of
Neo News along with a subscription. I apologize for the delay -- the in-house process is much slower than we
anticipated (I don't know how Gamefan was ever able to release their issues on time using
this method. Wait, they never were!).
We ask our remaining subscribers to be patient (and forgiving?) -- your issues will be
shipped! As for the free issues from our promotion a while back: you will be receiving a
copy as well. Again I apologize for the delay -- we are doing everything we can to fill
orders!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by JMKurtz:
Hey, if you need more prizes, I will donate a Debug BIOS Kit as a prize.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! Your offering will be duly noted and deeply appreciated! I have to place a
hold on that Mod job until that issue with a certain West76 is resolved.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Hmmmm.... this was a double post (I decided to remove the text and add this message instead ). Is there something wrong with the message board, Sean?

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited November 16, 2000).]

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I dind't know that there was a Neo News Magazine, howmany issue's are there? I would like to see one.

Cho

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I'm still down with doing some art-work for it, if you'd like. Drop me an e-mail if you still want me to do that cover.

l_gojira@yahoo.com

Thanks,
-Lou-

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
OK... so I'm a little late jumping on the bandwagon. When have I ever been known to be on time around here?
biggrin.gif

Just how do I sign up to receive this new Neo Geo Magazine you guys are putting together?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by chohan:
I dind't know that there was a Neo News Magazine, howmany issue's are there? I would like to see one.

Cho

We just released our premier issue just recently. Please visit neonews.cjb.net for information pertaining to our magazine. =)

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
I'm still down with doing some art-work for it, if you'd like. Drop me an e-mail if you still want me to do that cover.

l_gojira@yahoo.com

Thanks,
-Lou-

Yes, we still need your artistic skills, Lou! I've been very ill lately, and this has placed a kink in my progress. What materials (i.e. pictures) do you need to complete a cover?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by VinylBoy:
OK... so I'm a little late jumping on the bandwagon. When have I ever been known to be on time around here?
biggrin.gif

Just how do I sign up to receive this new Neo Geo Magazine you guys are putting together?

The premier issue is already finished and is being shipped to those who've subscribed, etc. We apologize for the delay, but the remaining subscribers who didn't receive their issues yet will be having their copies shipped this coming Firday. Please visit neonews.cjb.net for information to obtain your very own copy of Neo-News! We appreciate everyone's support!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited November 17, 2000).]

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
"What materials (i.e. pictures) do you need to complete a cover?"

A few clear pics of Benimaru's team would help immensly. At the risk of sounding out of it, I honestly don't know who is on that team outside of him and Shingo.

I'd also like to know what size of drawing you'd need to publish it. For example, it's common place to draw comic pages at 11 x 17, but I have no idea how big your mag is. An idea on print size would help a lot.

Finally, please let me know when the deadline is. I'm guessing you're still cool with the idea I e-mailed you with a while back, so if I can get all the info above, the sooner I can start, the better.

Thanks for the interest. I hope you'll be happy with what you see, when I draw the thing of course!
wink.gif

Thanks...

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey,

Howmany issues are there a year? about 12? And I got an idea, how about an issue with all old classic neo games in it. And one isseu with all neo geo pocket games? this seems cool.

Cho

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
"What materials (i.e. pictures) do you need to complete a cover?"

A few clear pics of Benimaru's team would help immensly. At the risk of sounding out of it, I honestly don't know who is on that team outside of him and Shingo.

I'd also like to know what size of drawing you'd need to publish it. For example, it's common place to draw comic pages at 11 x 17, but I have no idea how big your mag is. An idea on print size would help a lot.

Finally, please let me know when the deadline is. I'm guessing you're still cool with the idea I e-mailed you with a while back, so if I can get all the info above, the sooner I can start, the better.

Thanks for the interest. I hope you'll be happy with what you see, when I draw the thing of course!
wink.gif

Thanks...

I'll send some pictures as soon as I can! =) Thanks for showing interest in Neonews!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by chohan:
Hey,

Howmany issues are there a year? about 12? And I got an idea, how about an issue with all old classic neo games in it. And one isseu with all neo geo pocket games? this seems cool.

Cho

Neo News will be bi-monthly (6 issues a year). This may change if demand dictates that we change. We've beaten you to it! We're having a retro issue next issue with reviews of SS, etc. If you have any other suggestions for the next issue, feel free to contribute your ideas! =)